[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Does anyone know the name of the young lady that did a few dates with Gladys and Wanda in the middle to late '70s?

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the young lady that did a few dates with Gladys and Wanda in the middle to late '70s?
    Theresa Lockhart.

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Did Wanda actually perform live with Gladys back then? I never knew that. I remember there were some concerts that were advertised as being recorded for a possible live album but didn't know who was in the lineup as it was a good 5 to 7 years after they disbanded.

If indeed they did some touring together, was that the last time Gladys and Wanda ever sang together in a live setting?

Hip O Select down...............could this be good news and we are going to see Marvelettes Vol 2 on later today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Available for pre order on Amazon UK now............£56.11

Quote Originally Posted by cheekylincs View Post
    Hip O Select down...............could this be good news and we are going to see Marvelettes Vol 2 on later today!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just checked and Hip-O Select's website is still down so they must be doing an overhaul of their website [[or it must be some tech issues).

I have ordered with amazon uk, i hope that 13th Dec is going to be the UK release date then this set will be an early christmas present to myself !

Hip-O is still down after several days...

Hi folks I would like to know maybe anybody knows if the "lost and found" cd contains more tracks where Ann Bogan is on lead ?

If this track listing is still accurate I'm gonna have to plan a few peanut and jelly lunches. Dang, it made me almost mess myself...

http://www.amazon.com/Vol-2-Forever-...7318449#disc_1

Deep Discount has the set for a few dollars cheaper than Amazon -- $69.83 with free postage. But I don't know if they send orders outside of the U.S. Amazon will probably come down in price. They often do during the pre-order stage.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlonleyheart View Post
    Hi folks I would like to know maybe anybody knows if the "lost and found" cd contains more tracks where Ann Bogan is on lead ?
    I don't have the full annotations in front of me, but I recall at least two of the unreleased tracks feature Ann singing lead.

Boy, I'm glad I pre-ordered this at Amazon US when I did... My pre-order price was at $66.66. If it goes lower, I'll get the lower price--but it'll never charge me the $75.23 it's listed at today. No matter what, this set sounds AWESOME. I am a little puzzled by the double-inclusion of "Uptown." Perhaps I'm not listening closely enough, but was there a big difference in the mix or vocal take between the song when it was on "In Full Bloom" and when it reappeared on "Return Of"? Unless that's the case, I would've preferred the inclusion of another alternate mix or unreleased song. Just sayin'... Let's hope that when this gets posted on Hip-O Select's website, the track descriptions there will be more detailed [[i.e., the mono LP versions on Disc 3).

C'mon December 13th!

Re double-listing of songs between albums: we faced a similar dilemma with the DeBarge project, where tracks from the [[to some forgotten) first album were repeated on subsequent LPs.

I made certain that for the Marvelettes project we did or did not delete repeated tracks for the right reasons. For both "Uptown" and "That's How Heartaches Are Made" it was clear from one listen that while they are each the same performance, Motown engineers remixed them for their second LP appearance. Both cuts stayed in the track list.

The Amazon and Hip-oSelect descriptions for the Marvs Vol. 2 set are the same, one-stop marketing blurb. Honestly, I don't have deep details re the mono "Pink" and "Sophisticated" album mixes at the moment; perhaps some collectors here will have that.

More details in the coming weeks, and on John Perrone's radio show Dec. 13.

Thanks for the info, HW!

stopinthenameoflove Guest
    I'm really excited about this release - any hints yet as to what the cover art might be like??

Just looked at Amazon and preorders have gone up to $84.71 from $75.00 in just a couple of days.
    Last edited by caliluv; 11-13-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Thank you HW for the informations. I´m very excited that we have two further tracks with Ann in the lead spot. But I have a further question about the cover artwork of "Return". First Motown planed a solo album with Wanda, I would like to know if Motown would use the same artwork or was there another artwork in the faults. Because I know that Motown changed the plans in the last minutes ?

The Vol. 2 cover art is similar in look/design to Vol. 1, with of course an updated photo. The package is quite beautiful, BTW. It has been delivered to all of the "retail partners," but with everything digital now there has to be some initial "push" before it appears. Don't expect me to understand it, but I will follow through to see when it will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    "I'll Be in Trouble" had kind of a James Bond-spy chase type feel to the arrangement. It could have been a theme song to a film; very different sounding. I thought they did it great. Yes, it's always interesting hearing what fans of rock or other music think about classic Motown.

Just wanted to be sure, did you notice the track listing up above?
    It´s one of my favorite track too, and you´re right the track has a James Bond feeling, something like an exciting film I have this feeling when I hear it. And I´m glad to have then the long version of "A breathtaking guy"

Thanks Reese.

Price on Amazon UK gone down to £25.09!! I've cancelled my £50 plus order and placed it again just to make sure
    Last edited by cheekylincs; 11-19-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekylincs View Post
    Price on Amazon UK gone down to £25.09!! I've cancelled my £50 plus order and placed the it again just to make sure
    That is amazing! And today on Amazon UK, it has dropped further to 23.60. Also, something strange, when I placed my order it ended up dropping further to 19.67, just in the time it took to put the order in! According to pounds-to-dollars today, that is only $31.50!

honest man Guest
    cheeky thanks for the nod,i have just ordered cheers.

Hi All Same thing but now lower...
    Forever More: The Complete Motown Albums 2 [Box set]

Marvelettes [[Artist) | Format: Audio CD

Price:£20.06 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions Deal Price: Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
    o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
    This title will be released on December 13, 2011.
    Pre-order now!
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

Price in basket still showed original one so I reordered it @ $20.06 Act Quick before someone realises it is a mistake !

Thank you for letting us know! I just ordered mine. Awesome deal!

Amazon price guarantee mean that at the moment I would pay £19.67 for this, the price they showed this for shortly on Saturday [[but the price will drop further), even though it was £56.11 when I ordered it. Although it is currently at £20.06, the final selling price on December 13th will no doubt be closer to £12.00.

If you ordered it at a higher price don't cancel and reorder else you'll lose the price guarantee!

Still no sign of it on the Hip O-Select site though!

The cover art can now be seen on Amazon.Com, with a great photo from the "Sophisticated Soul" sessions.

http://www.amazon.com/Forever-More-C...s_all_1#disc_1

I like that photo. Very lovely. However, it's not from the Sophisticated Soul sessions, since Gladys was still in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I like that photo. Very lovely. However, it's not from the Sophisticated Soul sessions, since Gladys was still in the group.
    Ah, yes! How right you are. The hair and makeup on Wanda and Katherine certainly look like the SS sessions to me, which is what fooled me. Must have been pretty close in time then to 1968, the SS time frame.

I have been following your price discussions, since I am currently "on order" with Amazon in the US for something like $66. So when I saw your great UK price today, I jumped on their website, ready to order it on there and then cancel my US order. But when I check it on Amazon UK, all I am getting is a message saying that I can sign up and they will e-mail me when it becomes available, with no mention of price. So where and how are you guys seeing this price of 19 or 20 pounds?

Or should I leave well enough alone and just let the price guarantee on my US order take care of me?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddesper View Post
    I have been following your price discussions, since I am currently "on order" with Amazon in the US for something like $66. So when I saw your great UK price today, I jumped on their website, ready to order it on there and then cancel my US order. But when I check it on Amazon UK, all I am getting is a message saying that I can sign up and they will e-mail me when it becomes available, with no mention of price. So where and how are you guys seeing this price of 19 or 20 pounds?

Or should I leave well enough alone and just let the price guarantee on my US order take care of me?
    That's really strange. Mine still shows on order.

Order Placed: 19 Nov 2011

View Order Details Printable Order Summary

• Order Number:
    • Recipient:
    • Order Total: £19.80

Delivery 1 of 1: The following item will arrive after 25 Dec 2011. Not yet dispatched

Dispatch Estimate: 20 Dec 2011

Delivery Estimate: 29 Dec 2011 - 5 Jan 2012

Marvelettes
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

But yes, you are correct, you cannot order it today. Keep checking back...hopefully when it's available again the price will still be low.
    Last edited by kenneth; 11-23-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    That's really strange. Mine still shows on order.

Order Placed: 19 Nov 2011

View Order Details Printable Order Summary
    • Order Number:
    • Recipient:
    • Order Total: £19.80

Delivery 1 of 1: The following item will arrive after 25 Dec 2011. Not yet dispatched

Dispatch Estimate: 20 Dec 2011

Delivery Estimate: 29 Dec 2011 - 5 Jan 2012

Marvelettes
    Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

But yes, you are correct, you cannot order it today. Keep checking back...hopefully when it's available again the price will still be low.
    I ordered this from Amazon.uk on 10th November - My Order states a delivery date od 1st Feb and 4th Feb and the cost is £20.06. Notice that it's beinf sold by "Amazon.EU". Wonder why there is a difference in dates and cost?

That's good news and it indicates that their previous reissues have done well. Like a lot of people, The Marvellettes was my favorite girl group, just as Martha Reeves and The Vandellas were too before The Supremes began to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by TMSG View Post
    I ordered this from Amazon.uk on 10th November - My Order states a delivery date od 1st Feb and 4th Feb and the cost is £20.06. Notice that it's beinf sold by "Amazon.EU". Wonder why there is a difference in dates and cost?
    I'm not sure. As far as price, I always assumed that if the price went down at any time, after your order was in, prior to the release date, you got it at the lowest price. But if you read their guarantee very carefully, it more or less indicates that the guarantee is effective only if the price is lower on the actual day of the product's release. I'm sure that's not what most people think, but read it and tell me if you agree with me.

So I used to just put my order in and assume I'd get some sort of rebate on the day of release. But on this one I saw the price going down online but the price not being adjusted in the shopping basket, so at some point I did delete the order and reordered it just to make sure.

I could be wrong about how the mechanism works but it seems it could be shown better in the shopping cart, like price at time of order vs. price today, or something.

I just received an e-mail from Amazon UK, stating that the release date was changed by the manufacturer to February. That might have something to do with all of the issues being discussed above.

The price on Amazon.com has dropped to $58.45 as of this morning.

Also, when I went to check the price on Amazon UK, it says "currently unavailable" with a release date of Jan 01.
    Last edited by vcq; 11-23-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Name:  mar.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  22.5 KB

Forever More

RossHolloway Guest
    Beautiful artwork

Just ordered mine on amazon.com for $58.45 total. That is the cheapest I have seen in the U.S. Might want to check it out guys :-)

Bump, has no one else noticed this?

Bump, bump!

I'm excited about this release, but it looks like I'm gonna have to wait until February to get my copy from the UK. The $80 price tag plus $25 for shipping from Hip-O just doesn't seem realistic for me.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    I'm excited about this release, but it looks like I'm gonna have to wait until February to get my copy from the UK. The $80 price tag plus $25 for shipping from Hip-O just doesn't seem realistic for me.
    Last I checked it was $58 on Amazon [[US), no tax, no shipping. I'm willing to wait for the copy from the UK, however at the cheaper price.

Hipo site ship date moved up to 11-30 :-)

If it doesnt get a UK release the I will be doing a Campout at the front doors of Universals London HQ, similar to the Wall St, St Pauls etc, until it is!..Paulo xxx