[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    There are now samples of all the tracks on Forever More to listen to on Amazon US.........will be listening to these later when I get home!!

Wow, lots of fun stuff there. Wanda's lead on "You Lost the Sweetest Boy" is great...for some reason, I expected Gladys on this track but Wanda's 'falsetto' really suits this one. In addition, the alternate of "Don't Make Hurting Me a Habit," is much slower paced, a different song entirely than the one we're used to hearing.

Someone had asked about Ann, and "Breakthru" and "Why'd You Do it" are definitely her on lead.
    Last edited by kenneth; 12-01-2011 at 12:32 PM.

From the lyrics sung and the song titles listed , it seems that track #6 and #16 are reversed on Disc 4, [[the Lost & Found). Is it also that way on the actual cd?

I'm sold on this set! Wanda's take on the Temps' "I'll Be in Trouble" is as funky as 3 port-o-johns on gameday! And Gladys Horton sounds like another Gladys on "I Know Better", if you know what i mean! I can kiss my Christmas money good-bye!

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    From the lyrics sung and the song titles listed , it seems that track #6 and #16 are reversed on Disc 4, [[the Lost & Found). Is it also that way on the actual cd?
    Unfortunately, yes. This is my oversight. More on this next week.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekylincs View Post
    There are now samples of all the tracks on Forever More to listen to on Amazon US.........will be listening to these later when I get home!!
    Thank you for letting us know!

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. This is my oversight. More on this next week.
    As long as it's not missing a song, and you still get both songs it's alright with me. Only a few more days left to wait!

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    I'm sold on this set! Wanda's take on the Temps' "I'll Be in Trouble" is as funky as 3 port-o-johns on gameday! And Gladys Horton sounds like another Gladys on "I Know Better", if you know what i mean! I can kiss my Christmas money good-bye!
    Gladys Knight also sang "I Know Better," and sang it well, on one of the Pips' great early LPs, "Feelin' Bluesy."

Iīm really excited about the stuff from the fourth CD. I know Iīm a special Marvelettes-Fan, I love Gladys on lead and I think Motown did the right thing when they changed with Wanda and she did a fine Job with Smokey-Songs like "Donīt mess with Bill" and "The hunter gets captured by the game". But in my opinion The Marvelettes had a chance for a real "Return of...." but Motown didnīt change the lead singer again.

The two Ann Bogan tracks are real pearls of the fourth CD, when I hear her songs is a little about a revolutuion with voice and music. She is caught in the Motown-Sound and try to break through and you hear it. Itīs fabulos and glorius and a hint of a new time

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlonleyheart View Post
    Iīm really excited about the stuff from the fourth CD. I know Iīm a special Marvelettes-Fan, I love Gladys on lead and I think Motown did the right thing when they changed with Wanda and she did a fine Job with Smokey-Songs like "Donīt mess with Bill" and "The hunter gets captured by the game". But in my opinion The Marvelettes had a chance for a real "Return of...." but Motown didnīt change the lead singer again.

The two Ann Bogan tracks are real pearls of the fourth CD, when I hear her songs is a little about a revolutuion with voice and music. She is caught in the Motown-Sound and try to break through and you hear it. Itīs fabulos and glorius and a hint of a new time
    Interesting observation on Ann Bogan. Visually it's reinforced by her appearance on the front cover of In Full Bloom. Wanda and Katherine are styled 60's glam, but Ann is more down to earth looking.

Listening to the snippet on Amazon, I'd say that "Breakthru [[I've Got My Freedom)" with Ann Bogan on lead is going to be a real standout!

I'm loving the sound of Why'd You Do It! Can't wait to hear it in it's entirety

Have pre-ordered via Amazon. Not happy about the price, but this is a MUST have...Paulo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Interesting observation on Ann Bogan. Visually it's reinforced by her appearance on the front cover of In Full Bloom. Wanda and Katherine are styled 60's glam, but Ann is more down to earth looking.
    I know this she has forgotten her wig and sheīs looking more 70īs styling as 60`s. During the whole photo session Ann is without her wig. You will see her again in the afro-look style in their black and white dresses.