[REMOVE ADS]

Watch for this scam

Yesterday, I couldn't log-on at my lady's house & closed the window. Suddenly, came a pop-up with a survey which asked 3 questions about my experience with the site.

After answering positively, I was then directed to another page which then told me that I qualified for free" ipad, iphone & some other crap. Of course this sounded the alarm for me because all of those free offers require you to complete a bunch of offers which are designed to make you given out your e-mail address, personal info & are designed to separate you from your money.

What I found distasteful about it is that the page even has SOULFULDETROIT on the page, which is an attempt to lend the air of "legitimacy" to this nonsense. Just for your edification, this is the actual page which will appear...

http://www.nationalcustomersurvey.co...Soulfuldetroit

So I'm posting this to let you that should you receive one of those, simply ignore it.

pshark Guest
    Juice, your computer might have a trojan. Better have it checked out.
    Now check this out. On Nov 3rd I had a phone call from some idiot with a very
    thick Indian accent.My Caller ID shows:
    NAME NOT FOUND
    858-102-3225

Couldn't hardly understand a word he said. All I can make
    out was that my computer had a virus. This scammer was getting me mad so
    I cussed his sorry ass out and hung up. Here are some complaints assoiciated
    with that #: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-858-102-3252

I'll have to check my lady's computer because that's where I was when that popped-up.

She has all of the virus scanners & doesn't tend to frequent sites where the trojans usually live. Then again,her granddaughter does homework on it & they have all of these iTunes & other programs that they use on start-up that one never knows.

Then too, her daughter either gave her or downloaded some screensavers & some of those don't the most trustworthy folks.

I was just wondering if anyone else had run across that nonsense becauseI never have.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out most urgently!

Pshark,

Re. that phone call. I feel your pain!

What also I hate are these texts & even phone calls which come from these machines which leave you no message. If you're crazy enough to call them back, there's supposed to be an option to opt out, but I don't trust that.

Here's one that I got a few moments ago from 360-529-6100, likely from Siberia by way of Washington State...

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-360-529-6100

Seriously, the government needs to stop the practice of cell phone carriers from allowing your private number to be spread across the internet & needs to enact laws to stop people from selling your private info, as well as stopping people from soliciting folks whom haven't consented to that kind of contact.

Why in the hell should we have to waste OUR calls opting-out of anything, when we never opted-in to begin with?

There's something very wrong with this & the government not only allows it, but they also fall for the argument of the telemarketers argument that not being able to have access to the info of people who've never given their consent for that info to be disseminated is bad for their business.

So much for or right to privacy coming first.

When I get one of those pop ups that can't close with an Alt Cntrl Del, I usually log off the computer and then log back on. I once clicked one of these pop ups and it caused all kinds of trouble.

As for phone call telemarketers, most of them are now recordings. They are voice activated. So when I answer the phone, if I do not recognize the caller, I stay silent and the recorder is not activated. It then clicks off and takes you off the calling list. Of course sometimes they are real callers with an Indian accent and I just give them gibberish until they decide to hang up. Yes, I hate telemarketers. They are annooying and call me at the worst time.

Millven,

I've done that too,usually from a different phone.

I understand that everyone's gotta make a living, but I wouldn't expect to receive a positive response from folks whom aren't pleased about folks receiving phone calls from folks whom they don't know.

pshark Guest
    Juice I had hundreds of those credit report scam calls.
    Here's a vid I posted a few yrs ago, really funny stuff
    Tom Mabe flips the script on a dish network telemarketer
    Last edited by pshark; 11-07-2011 at 04:56 PM.

I got this from Lowell after I had advised him of this problem.

Sounds like he has been infected with some sort of scam ware on his computer. It can pick up the Soulfuldetroit in big black letters from the domain name. No mystery there.

Read this: http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.php?1,1880670

Cool Ralph,

I knew that there was no way that SDF had anything to do with this.

i never,ever open any unsolicitored [[spelling!) emails,you've won this,vouchers for that and £'s off the other, pop ups.not interested in surveys.got no time to start on something that takes me away from what i booted up for.i'm half looking for this stuff all the time.she who must be obeyed is a nightmare,believes someone wants to give her something for sod all.got a popup, signed on and got ripped for 85 quid.by sheer luck i managed to find them and get the cash back 6 weeks later.

Download Malwarebytes, update it, and run it.

After that, install Microsoft Security Essentials, update it, and run it.

smark21 Guest
    After all these years on the internet, no one should click on an unsolicited pop up. Use common sense.