[REMOVE ADS]

Damon Harris [[Former Member of The Temptations)

I have been talking to Damon Harris to try and keep his spirits up as unfortunately, his cancer has returned and is in his spine. He had previously had a fight that he won against prostrate cancer. Damon has been going through chemotherapy which has been hard on him and his spirits.

Last weekend, I asked Damon if it would be alright to post this information about the return of his cancer here as I told him that many would respond with well wishes which will make him feel better. He agreed and said he would like that and be able to read them. I know it will give him a lift in spirits so please feel free to write him a note here.

Damon my friend, here's to you and beating cancer again!

Tim

Damon - good wishes from England, hope you get well again soon. I've fond memories of your visit to Manchester with the Temps.

topdiva1 Guest
    Mr. Harris - My best wishes for your recovery and return to the stage. I am sure you have many fans that will unite on your behalf to wish you well.

Stay strong - we love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damon here's wishing you a full and speedy recovery. I have always enjoyed your work going all the way back to your group "Impact" and of course with The Temptations. Get well man!

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 02-25-2011 at 01:31 AM.

I loved Impact!! Get well Damon. You were my favorite falsetto along with Eddie.

Funny I remember when you were the youngest Temptation, now we are both a bit older...lol....Get well soon, Satipe is a true friend.

KW

Damon, with fond regards and best wishes for a complete recovery.Get well now!

You've got all my best Mr. Harris, you are a phenomenal talent, and here's to a speedy recovery!

Damon harris,former temptation yes,you are a rolling stone,my brother.[[smile)get well.

Damon-keep the Faith! Satipe and others are with you. My sister beat cancer three times!!

Mr. Damon Harris I send you peace and prayers for a speedy recovery! You have overcome cancer before and you WILL OVERCOME it again! May God bless you and keep you and your family.

There's a lot of people rooting for you Damon. Great memories of your time with Tempts, specially your solo leads on Smooth Sailing, Love Woke Me Up This Morning and I Need You.. a true Superstar.

Hang in there damon,your rendition of[love woke me up]is the best i've heard and your classic[smooth sailing]is da bomb,we're praying for you.

Damon Harris

I speak with experience.

You're not the only one to have to deal with this. Others have dealt with it, and dealt with it successfully. You will too. Take care of your body and plan for the time when this is just a memory.

I've never gotten to meet Damon, but I have a few friends who know him & talk about him all of the time.

Adding my prayers for Damon to have a speedy & complete recovery from this dreaded disease that he's been battling for some time now.

God Speed Damon!

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mr Harris. Stay strong my brother.

Thank all of you as I spoke to Damon and he is going to come here and read your notes...I read many of them to him tonight. He sounded much better but he gets tired very quickly and then needs to go - he said he has no pain but is getting tired quickly and then needing to sleep bothers him.

As Juice wrote, anyone who knows Damon knows he is such a humble and great man. I am a teacher and for many years after Damon left the Temptations, he was a teacher's assistant in Reno with Special Education students who needed extreme care [[eg. he needed to change adult diapers). He did it with a smile and caring touch!

Once again Damon, read it and know that you have people who want you to get better. I know you told me that only God can make you better but some of us who are God's Children can help as well. Read away Damon and know the impact you have made on people's lives...

Tim

...for the other SDF people...KEEP TELLING HIM

If he doesn't already know, I'll pass this along to a good friend of Damon's, Tim Marshall of The Rhythm & Blues Showcase. I'm very sure that he & L.C. will pass along the wishes for prayers for Damon on their show.

I hope you get well soon Damon, I love your voice in the tempts during the 70's era. I hope you beat this disease.

I will definitely send up prayers for you Mr. Harris and place your name on the alter. Your the one Tempt I never had the opportunity to meet but always loved your voice.

Damon,

YOU have always been such an Inspiration & Strength to me and still are, it goes without saying You will be in my Prayers & Thoughts, just Believe!

Our paths have been similar, but with me my career I went into Radio achieving my dream, your music solo, The Temptations & Impact is so Special to me.

I, too, have never met Damon, but I've always loved his voice so much and what he brought to The Tempts. Iwish with all of my heart, the best for him and that he gets past this difficult time...

Damon

Sleeping is when your body best repairs itself. So when you feel like you need to rest, just do it and let your body do its thing because it's helping you to get better.

I did a lot of things like not eating red meat but what is more important is that you eat properly [[and you know what that excludes) and have a VARIED diet, as much as is possible. Reduce the intake of junk foods. Drink plenty of fluids too. [[I found that really hard)

And most importantly, act and think postively about the future.

Wishing you, Damon, a speedy recovery. You are in my thoughts. Just think of all the people you have thrilled with your fantastic voice. Best Wishes Paulo xxxxxx

Damon, I remember well when Eddie left and some of us thought the group could never fill the spot, the standards were so high! Well, you more than filled the spot, and turned in some stunning performances. You were much younger than the rest of your Temptations fellow members, but you absolutely were up to it and surpassed every expectation!

I was a big enough devotee to seek out Impact in the UK when it was issued, having gained that much respect for you.

You may not be aware of it, but there are many, many like me across the globe who know of you and love your performances and respect you as a talent and moreover as a lovely human being. I happen to be in the UK., but you are known the world over.. Best Wishes to You, we are rooting for you, sincerely Mike

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Damon

Sleeping is when your body best repairs itself. So when you feel like you need to rest, just do it and let your body do its thing because it's helping you to get better.

I did a lot of things like not eating red meat but what is more important is that you eat properly [[and you know what that excludes) and have a VARIED diet, as much as is possible. Reduce the intake of junk foods. Drink plenty of fluids too. [[I found that really hard)

And most importantly, act and think postively about the future.
    Great advice for us all.

I am hoping that more SDF members will post and send Damon best wishes for a complete recovery.

I spoke to Damon last night and after some severe medication and radiation therapy, he is much better both physically and mentally. He takes four pills in the morning and that is it. As well, he has been helping the hospital he attends by doing some performances.

I just thought I would update you.

Damon

You are the best.

I tell my doctors at Lahey Clinic about you and your great information
    about prostate cancer.

You emailed me about 10 years ago, and I will never forget how great
    a human being you are to gather all the info on this disease.

edafan

Quote Originally Posted by satipe View Post
    I spoke to Damon last night and after some severe medication and radiation therapy, he is much better both physically and mentally. He takes four pills in the morning and that is it. As well, he has been helping the hospital he attends by doing some performances.

I just thought I would update you.
    Praise Jesus this is good news. Let the healing continue.

Roberta

Best wishes for a full recovery to a singer who's given us so much joy. Please be well!

What good news of Damon he is always in My Prayers & Thoughts, received a nice email off him some weeks back.

May your Recovery & Blessings continue David. What sadness Cancer can bring, a young rugby league player in London just 18 was diagnosed at the start of September, his neck had been stiff and it would not go away, so they sent Jack for tests and it was found that he had Cancer in his neck and it has spread throughout this body. There is not a lot they can do at present, except try to reduce the size of the many tumours and then see if he is well enough to start treatment then. A young fit sportsmen like that, My Heart is with Jack Brennan and his Parents at this time.
    Last edited by jaybs; 10-31-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Damon, wishing you and speedy recovery. you r in all our prayers and we hope to see you back on your feet very soon. the Tempts are the sounfdtrack to our lives.david

Thanks very much for the update Satipe. Wishing Damon all the best and hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

Mr,Damon Harris,former Temptation,you were the best,[[and still is)and no one can take that away from you,get well my brother,i know,you will make a full recovery,[[smile)and stay positive

REDHOT, what a sweet message! I hope for his speedy recovery as well. State of mind is so important and staying positive is the best medicine of all. You are a real doll.

Penny

Damon, thanks for what you gave the fans! Now it's time for us to give something back. At least my best wishes for a healty recovery.

Will spread the word here and please know you have touched peoples live all the way in the Netherlands.

Love Woke You Up This Morning Brother Damon!

Damon...I grew up in Jersey City New Jersey listening to you and Sweet Eddie.
    Tried so hard to sound like you and have nothing but respect for your God given talent.
    Stay strong and Keep believing.
    My prayers go out for you.
    God Bless You

Abraham Smooth Wilson