[REMOVE ADS]

R.i.p. George rountree, four tops' musical director

I just received the call. Devastating news!
    No finer man have I ever met.
    I will miss you so much, my friend.
    Sleep warm.

Old George. Yeah I remember hearing that he was ill last year. Sorry to hear this. Rest In Peace George you did a splendid job!

Marv

I'd like to extend my sincerest condolences to the the Rountree Family and the entire Four Tops family.

Tree was without a doubt the 5th Top. He had been with the group for more than 30 years and he was one of the nicest and kindest souls you could ever meet. He will be missed.

RIP my friend,
    M

Oh my!!
    Sincere sympathy to family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by stranger56 View Post
    I just received the call. Devastating news!
    No finer man have I ever met.
    I will miss you so much, my friend.
    Sleep warm.
    Terribly sad news for those left behind but Mr Roundtree has gone home to glory and is be directing Levi in our Father's mansion.

Roberta

So sad to hear the news of Mr George Roundtree, a True Gentleman each & every time I met him, what sterling work he did for The Four Tops, condolences to all his Family & Friends, May He Rest in Peace!

My sincere condolences to Mr. Roundtree's family and friends.

Yes sad news about George Roundtree,he was the best R.I.P My Brother.

I'm very sorry to hear this sad news. Whenever I saw "Tree", he was quick with a smile & was always cool. It won't be the same not seeing him behind the keyboard, leading the band.

My sincere condolences to The Four Tops Family, his family & loved ones & wife Beverly, I was on so many different pages that I typed the wrong name. Thanks for alerting me Ms M.

R.I.P. Tree. You were more than alright with me.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 10-31-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Got the word from Ms M last night. We'd communicated through emails this past year. I hoping to finally meet him in the flesh in January. Condolences to Tree's family and The Tops organization.

This was put together by Drew Schultz, an esteem member here at SDF and the Four Tops drummer....

I hope he doesn't mind but I also wanted to share Drew's words....

Drew Schultz

Thanks to everybody for the condolences, my apologies if I haven't gotten back to you - In George Rountree, we lost not only an amazing musician, but one of the best people I've ever met. Like a father, a mentor, and my best friend, Tree went above and beyond to look out for me, and unconditionally supported me. I'm humbled and inspired to have known someone so unfailingly positive and welcoming. This world is more than a little worse for his loss. Take some time to listen to Tree's story, from an interview I did with him. Putting this together made me feel like I got to spend a few more days with him, and maybe you'll feel it too. RIP Tree, and thanks a million for truly changing my life. I'll never, ever forget it.
    Beautifully done Drew....Tree would be proud!

Drew Schultz what a Truly Amazing Tribute and Video, really touching, I am sure George will be looking down and that big Lovely smile will rip across his face and know you have done Him Proud! Thanks for sharing Drew.

Drew,

For once I'll be brief because one one word is necessary...

BEAUTIFUL!

Ms M, thank you for posting this, as I never knew George's history, nor the fact that he had a very nice singing voice.

And just for the record, George is definitely being remembered & getting respect, as today, he's trending very high on Bing & when I log on to MSN, the story of his passing is very high on that list.

http://www.msn.com/

http://www.bing.com/search?q=george+...=0&form=msnwis

You're welcome Juice. Tree had a very rich legacy and I'm glad it was captured in this video. There was also a nice write up in the Vegas Sun.

...but Drew did an outstanding job. The love and respect he had for Tree was evident and he was right, it gave us all a little more time with him...it made me sad but smile at the same time.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Tree is the best, and I'm really moved by all of the love shown for him over these last few days. I'll always aspire to be as positive an influence to others as Tree is to me, musically and personally. I'm lucky to have known him for sure.