[REMOVE ADS]

In Performance at the White House

My local PBS station in Boston Mass

listed this

In Performance at the White House

The Mowtown Sound

very very early in the morning.

I will tape it.

But does anyone here know anything about it ?

edafan

Looks like you can watch it right here:

http://www.wgbh.org/programs/In-Perf...wn-Sound-24988

it was on months ago...no one acknowledges Martha Reeves by name until the very end, and then President Obama has to be the one to it..

I think I found the answer,
    but thanks for all responses

edafan

"The Motown Sound: In Performance at the White House" is a production of WETA Washington, D.C., in association with Bounce, a division of AEG, and the National Black Programming Consortium [[NBPC). The executive producers are Dalton Delan and David S. Thompson of WETA and Tim Swift of Bounce. The producer is Kristi Foley of Bounce. The program director is Leon Knoles. The musical director is Greg Phillinganes. The "In Performance at the White House" series was created by WETA Washington, D.C. The series producer is Jackson Frost.

Laurel Guest
    Thank you for this. I'm so glad our President is honoring the Motown music, music that brought people together. We really need music like Motown to bring us together.

I just watched it from the link I posted. It is 55 minutes. Excellent show.

At first I thought I was just going to view it casually but I sat and watched it intently without moving. All the performances were very good.

BTW, jimi, did you notice the credits at the end mentioned Special Appearance by Martha Reeves. It looked like Smokey brought her up to the stage, which was nice for him to do after all it was her song. It appeared unscripted.

I noticed Duke in the audience but he didn't get up on stage for the finale. I also thought I saw Claudette in the audience but I'm not sure if it was her.