[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Gloria Jones

Cool Gloria Jones

As I brought Pam Sawyer to the forum recently. I thought we might Discuss her writing and producing partner Gloria Jones a.k.a Laverne Ware, also.

It was great to see her one and only Motown album Share My Love reissued on CD recently. I have both the vinyl and the CD.

What do you rate has some of her best work. For instance I love her and Pam writing and producing The Commodores The Zoo [[The Human Zoo), for example.

Paulo xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evzyrBSbnUs I Ain't Going Nowhere Gloria Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL6SIAh2nqk I Ain't Going Nowhere Jr Walker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSiN8GOyrx8 Blackmail Bobby Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    As I brought Pam Sawyer to the forum recently. I thought we might Discuss her writing and producing partner Gloria Jones a.k.a Laverne Ware, also.

It was great to see her one and only Motown album Share My Love reissued on CD recently. I have both the vinyl and the CD.

What do you rate has some of her best work. For instance I love her and Pam writing and producing The Commodores The Zoo [[The Human Zoo), for example.

Paulo xxx
    I love her version of Tainted Love. Wasn't she married to Marc Bolan of T Rex? I think their son is also in the music business.

Roberta

Roberta..Yes she was Marc Bolans partner, and was sadly at the wheel of the car that killed him when it hit a tree one early morning in Richmond, London...Paulo xxx

I have just dug out her Windstorm album. Have not played it in a while, but LOVE the single from it Bring On The Love, Why Cant We Be Friends Again. Putting the album on now....Paulo xxx

Just have to find her VIXEN album now..Paulo xxx

Roberta..Yes she was Marc Bolans partner, and was sadly at the wheel of the car that killed him when it hit a tree one early morning in Richmond, London...Paulo xxx
    Wasn't there some controversy over Gloria failing to show up at the inquest/court hearing about Marc Bolan's death?

Thanks!

Roberta

I honestly dont know. But I am Sure somebody here will know...Paulo xxx

I honestly dont know. But I am Sure somebody here will know...Paulo xxx
    Thank you paulo.

Best to you.

Roberta

I like her first LP "Come Go With Me", real Northern.

Paulo ..

It wasn't Richmond where MARC BOLAN was killed but a couple of miles further into London .. I always thought it was Putney Heath, but having done a quick check it seems it was on Queens Ride, which goes through Putley Lower Common and Barnes Common.

Seems there is a memorial there to him too ..

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/234559-M...th-Tree-London

Roger

Name:  Gloria Jones 2.jpg
Views: 2351
Size:  62.0 KB

Her recording of "Heatbeat" is one of my all time favorites. This track is full of energy and really moves from start to finish. It was produced by Ed Cobb and features Billy Preston on organ with Gloria, Edna Wright and Blinky Williams on background vocals.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Wasn't there some controversy over Gloria failing to show up at the inquest/court hearing about Marc Bolan's death?

Thanks!

Roberta
    i'm sure she would have been duty bound to be at the coroners court.she was driving the mini.i'll see what i can find out!

roberta
    she was summonsed to appear at a court in london,to answer charges of being unfit to drive [[they were coming back from a restraurant)and driving the car in a dangerous condition.she failed to attend the court to face,and answer,the charges.i assume she'd be lifted at the airport if she ever shows up here again.
    hopefully marc bolan was in a simmilar state and didnt feel a thing.he got in knowing she wasnt fit too.
    you wouldnt want to hit a cat in a mini,the cat would get off with a stiff neck.the engine would be where the ashtray was
    Last edited by tamla617; 10-28-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Hi tamla,
    How are you?
    Gloria is safe, she was at Prestatyn in 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ScSYjOtyk

HERR OBERST! gut nacht!
    i'm ok,i think

prestatyn doesnt count,its in wales!