[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cindy

I was just thinking that there must've been a few people whom were happy that I was gone for so long & I notice that little has changed during my absence. I'm sorry to have to disappoint anyone whom may have thought that they were responsible for my hiatus, but I've already explained that & everyone should've known better than to believe such a thing for even a moment. SDF is home & there are far too many good people here & I've had far too many good times to ever walk away from it totally & completely.

It's nice to have the time to be able to stop through a little more often. But I guess the old tv show said it best & I'm sure much to the chagrin of some. Either way...

Baby, I'm back.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 10-28-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Laurel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Rod_Rick,

Thank you for your kind words. What I find to be most ironic is the fact that just about every argument that I've had here was due to sticking up for someone else.

Rather than say much of what I could say about these kinds of situations, I'll pull back my initial response to you & simply add an observation or two which pretty much sums things up for me.

The very thing that cited which led to Marv's banishment was a post that he posted here which was written on another forum. Do I think that what was written elsewhere should've been posted here? No I don't. But that was the reason for his being banned. Not that he, himself wrote was was posted, but rather it was the fact that he brought outside crap HERE that led to people pushing for him to be banned. They slammed him worse for re-posting the message that he received, than they did the person who wrote the nasty message to begin with. And excuses were made for the person who wrote it & I'll simply leave it at that.

I've been checking through the archives & reading through what was going on during the several months that I was away from the forum & what do you think I see?

Mentions of things that were written on yahoo, youtube or wherever. So my question then becomes this...If it was wrong for Marv to post something that someone sent him elsewhere & posting that nasty message was reason for some to call for his banishment, then isn't constantly referring to what he's written elsewhere & constantly dragging that crap here pretty much the exact same thing?

Remember, he wasn't banned because HE wrote the filth that he posted here. He was banned because he POSTED it here & there's a hell of a difference between reposting the words written to you by someone else & writing that filth yourself.

Then too, I recall upon his return here that it was clearly stated that the goal was to incite him to say or do something which would cause him to get himself banned. That was stated in plain view & only ensured that the problems would never cease because they don't want him here because of the various offenses mentioned.

If we wanted to communicate on youtube, we would. Most of us choose to participate HERE. As such, we're not privy to, nor do we particularly care was was said THERE or in any other yahoo group. That's their thing, not most of ours. My point is that if something was done elsewhere, then it should be dealt with elsewhere.

Now I don't know what Marv has written elsewhere because I'm not in the habit of scouring the internet for trouble,nor scratching where it doesn't itch. All that I do know is that if people weren't dragging crap which happens elsewhere onto SDF, then the battles wouldnt be constantly fought here. Their willingness to do so only fuels these fires. I'm not interested about what someone else does in THEIR home, I'm interested in what they do in mine.

It's like living in an apartment building or working on a job. You can't dictate to your boss with whom you work, nor can you had them booted out purely on the strength that you just don't want them there. As long as they aren't violating any rules of your dwelling or workplace, you can't have them booted out for their behavior elsewhere. That is, unless they violate the law or moral codes which leads to their arrest or reflects badly on their employer.

Another way to look at it is this...do you worry whether someone urinates in an alley so long as they're not urinating in the corner of your room, or would you got to that alley with a roll of Bounty, sop up the urine, drag it into your home, then complain about the urine being there & its smell?

What sane person would do that?

And maybe, just maybe, if people weren't looking for trouble, they wouldn't be so quick to find it. And if you WILLINGLY visit the page of someone whom dislikes someone, then read the bad things that you may see written there, while already FULLY armed with the knowledge of what you're likely to find there &/or have ALREADY seen there, then I would ask why you would willingly visit such a place at all?

I don't frequent Ku Klux klan meetings & I dont frequent bars when skin heads are known to hang out, so why would anyone visit Marv's, a person whom they thoroughly despise, yahoo group, youtube page or anywhere else where he resides? I mean they may not be able to control his membership HERE, but they do have a choice as to whether they visit his outside forums or pages.

So the question then becomes, why do so many frequent the page of a guy whom they absolutely abhor? How would they know so much about him & what he writes elsewhere unless they or their friends were there themselves? How would they know his various screen names if they didn't actively seek them, or had friends who did? If they hate a person so much that being around them in a forum offends their sensibilities so much that they have to constantly engage them in arguments & battles, then why would they even seek out such a person, much less waste their energy & time reading anything that such a person would have to say? I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't do that.

It's like going to a strip club, then complaining when a breast pops into your drink. In other words...

It doesn't make sense. Unless they're actively looking for something...like trouble perhaps?

We had & may still have a forumer whom while speaking about the very type of things that Marv does or did, have a page setup where they made/make fun of some of our SDF members & have said some pretty crappy things, to boot. Someone sent me a message showing me where to go & I saw some crap written about Ralph, as well as myself. And though this person & their friends still participated here, I never went crying to Ralph that he should ban this person simply because they didn't write what they wrote HERE, they wrote what they did elsewhere. I'd have been guilty of looking for trouble by willingly visiting their page, when I already knew what I'd find when I got there & that's an absolutely ridiculous thing to do.

Maybe its just me, but I was always told to never scratch where it don't itch. Perhaps some folks like itching.
    I'm new here and what I'm reading here disturbs me. Maybe this isn't a good place to show my grandchildren. I love the Disney thread, it's family friendly and I feel I can show that to my granddaughter. But I'm not going to let her look at this.The Supremes were such a special group and bring back such good memories of growing up and having fun with my friends and dancing at parties and school dances. How can people get angry about such happy music? I thought this forum was to talk about the good times of yesterday. Not everything about the 60's was good, I know that, Vietnam, the loss of Martin Luther King, the Kennedys, riots, poverty, but the music was so good and it just makes me happy to hear it again. Why can't we just remember and celebrate how the music help us through the hard times, whether it was a war or a killing or breaking up with boyfriend or girlfriend or a fight with your mom or dad? Life is too short to be angry all the time. I'm sorry, but I'm really upset by what I'm reading here, there's no need to be this angry.

Hi Laurel,

I agree with you 100%.

Truthfully, there's nothing wrong with this forum. Unfortunately, years of experience has proven to all of us that its nearly impossible to discuss The Supremes without an argument occurring.

To be completely honest, the spats which happen here on SDF are far milder than anything that your granddaughter would encounter while on youtube or several other internet blogs & forums. Those are the places where you'll find cursing & some very vicious words written about various Supremes.

The only danger that exists is that from time to time, your granddaughter may see people behaving a bit childishly during discussions of The Supremes, but very little of the horrible language & threats that you can find posted on youtube & elsewhere. As you can see from what I've written, most of the problems are not because of any bad language written here. from what I've read & know of happens outside of SDF.

Your granddaughter is safe, the water is fine here. Just a few bumps in the road fromtime to time.

I was just thinking that there must've been a few people whom were happy that I was gone for so long & I notice that little has changed during my absence. I'm sorry to have to disappoint anyone whom may have thought that they were responsible for my hiatus, but I've already explained that & everyone should've known better than to believe such a thing for even a moment. SDF is home & there are far too many good people here & I've had far too many good times to ever walk away from it totally & completely.

It's nice to have the time to be able to stop through a little more often. But I guess the old tv show said it best & I'm sure much to the chagrin of some. Either way...

Baby, I'm back.
    And baby I am thrilled that you are back even if you did peak up your teacher's skirt. LOL

I'll have to make sure to wear a pantsuit when I'm around you.

Fondly.

Roberta

Ok I will finally throw this out since I have been discussing this with a few folks. Wouldn't this be the best way to bring forth the Supremes story ? Cindy coming in as the replacement for Florence and then going back and then going forward.

Juice referred to Youtube.

The other evening, Piers Morgan was interviewing Jermaine Jackson, who as usual, came off as a stunned bunny but he did mention that Michael's children aren't allowed to go Youtube.........thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Juice referred to Youtube.

The other evening, Piers Morgan was interviewing Jermaine Jackson, who as usual, came off as a stunned bunny but he did mention that Michael's children aren't allowed to go Youtube.........thankfully.

They are probably not allowed to hang out in bars and clubs with grown people either.

Laurel Guest
    Hi Laurel,

I agree with you 100%.

Truthfully, there's nothing wrong with this forum. Unfortunately, years of experience has proven to all of us that its nearly impossible to discuss The Supremes without an argument occurring.

To be completely honest, the spats which happen here on SDF are far milder than anything that your granddaughter would encounter while on youtube or several other internet blogs & forums. Those are the places where you'll find cursing & some very vicious words written about various Supremes.

The only danger that exists is that from time to time, your granddaughter may see people behaving a bit childishly during discussions of The Supremes, but very little of the horrible language & threats that you can find posted on youtube & elsewhere. As you can see from what I've written, most of the problems are not because of any bad language written here. from what I've read & know of happens outside of SDF.

Your granddaughter is safe, the water is fine here. Just a few bumps in the road fromtime to time.
    I decided saturday it was best to just bring up the links to the Disney music and play them for my granddaughter and it would not be a good idea for her to sit with me and read messages on this forum. None of my grandchildren are old enough to be on the internet without being closely supervised and we make sure they only go to sites for kids. Do you let your children or grandchildren read the messages here?

I agree with you with some about youtube, SDF is the mildest when it comes to supremes talk. The ones on YT are i'm just gonna say it, frickin crazy and vile especially when it comes to Diana and Mary. And it's usually by the same idiots on every Mary video.

Although I prefur the Diana Flo and Mary line up the surpremes, I do like the Diana, Cindy and Mary one a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
    I decided saturday it was best to just bring up the links to the Disney music and play them for my granddaughter and it would not be a good idea for her to sit with me and read messages on this forum. None of my grandchildren are old enough to be on the internet without being closely supervised and we make sure they only go to sites for kids. Do you let your children or grandchildren read the messages here?
    Absolutely not Laurel. This great site is for people over 18. It isn't a site for kids.

Fondly.

Roberta