[REMOVE ADS]

Jennifer holliday on wendy williams show

Still on that DREAMGIRLS kick

I can understand why Jennifer Holliday would be upset, because after all, the musical's success was partially due to her involvement. For years, many associated the role of Effie with Jennifer Holliday. If it was me, I would probably feel snubbed. With that said, this is going on 5 years now. She's just gonna have to let it go. Life isn't always fair. She already had her time to shine.

And yet she and the other JH in concert- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtDFHXjJ7SU

Laurel Guest
    I don't like the Wendy Williams show. She doesn't set a good example for our youngsters. I wish we had shows like Mike Douglas or Dinah Shore or Merv Griffin still on. They were such fun shows. I used to enjoy watching them back in the 70's when my children were little ones and I spent the day at home.

I love Jennifer but she should compare her performance on Wendy with the one on youtube at Arista special. She seems to be getting more mannered and exaggerated.

I agree, Luke. I thought her performance was good, but too many theatrics. She looked like she was going to swallow the microphone towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    She looked like she was going to swallow the microphone towards the end.
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....truly got my laugh for the day.

Jennifer Holiday is a trained Broadway singer/actress. She is no more animated than she was in the past. Perhaps there have been some performances in the past that weren't so over the top, but its that voice, and those faces that made her a legend.

The thing about Jennifer, I wish she would just drop the whole "snubbed" thing and move on with her career. One of the greatest voices of our time and no new music or projects that I know of. She could truly take a one-woman show on the road. I remember catching her in the early 90's at a club in Detroit calle Orthia's Place [[owned by Orthia Barnes). It was Valentine's Day weekend and her set included "A House Is Not A Home", "Get Here", "Rapture", "Something" [[by Lalah Hathaway) and other ballads. It was an incredible show in an intimate setting. I would love to hear a new cd by her with some up and coming or even seasoned producer. Jennifer, you can't move forward holding on to what could've, should've or would've been.

Jennifer should be a major star but shes not. I have heard various reasons why and she is very much into her faith now and doesnt she have MS? Actually I like her honesty which she has said is a quality she likes about herself-when asked a question she tells it like it is. Wendy brought it up, she didnt.

Jennifer Holiday released a goapel CD earlier this year and is supposed to release a secular one either late this year or in early 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    The thing about Jennifer, I wish she would just drop the whole "snubbed" thing and move on with her career. One of the greatest voices of our time and no new music or projects that I know of. She could truly take a one-woman show on the road. I remember catching her in the early 90's at a club in Detroit calle Orthia's Place [[owned by Orthia Barnes). It was Valentine's Day weekend and her set included "A House Is Not A Home", "Get Here", "Rapture", "Something" [[by Lalah Hathaway) and other ballads. It was an incredible show in an intimate setting. I would love to hear a new cd by her with some up and coming or even seasoned producer. Jennifer, you can't move forward holding on to what could've, should've or would've been.
    I use to go to Orethia's Place. Jennifer Holiday has a lot nerve when she and some of the cast from the original play went out of their way to "snub" Mary Wilson & the Supremes back in the early 80's. In fact, she and some others acted determined not to give an ounce of credit to the Supremes or their story!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Jennifer Holiday is a trained Broadway singer/actress. She is no more animated than she was in the past. Perhaps there have been some performances in the past that weren't so over the top, but its that voice, and those faces that made her a legend.
    After all these years one would think she would learn how to perform for a camera as it requires a different performance pitch than playing to a live audience.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    After all these years one would think she would learn how to perform for a camera as it requires a different performance pitch than playing to a live audience.
    Exactly......

nah....in order to sing that song THAT way, you have no choice but to make faces like that.