[REMOVE ADS]

honest man Guest

a rose growing in the ruins the rivingtons

Hello at a soul do at Southport heard this song for first time, Love it, anyway the question is i was told it was written by Ashford and Simpson,was there no end to these brilliant writers, does anyone know for certain if they wrote this brilliant song, cheers.

"ROSE GROWING IN THE RUINS" BMI Work #1269869
    Songwriter/Composer ASHFORD NICKOLAS / SIMPSON VALERIE R
    Publishers RENLEIGH MUSIC INC .. UNIVERSAL MUSIC CAREERS .. WARNER-TAMERLANE PUBLISHING CORP -- all BMI

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  21.1 KB
    That is BY FAR my favourite Rivingtons' song-showing they were great singers. They just need better material, overall. When they finally got great music to sing, they did very well.

honest man Guest
    thank you lads,ROBB do you know other songs the rivingtons sang in this style .i always asscociate them with the bird etc yes great stuff, J SMITH any names for preststyn yet cheers fellas.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  21.1 KB
    I can only remember "Cherry" [[Liberty) and "A Rose Growing in the Ruins" as "sweet songs" by them. They did a few Soulful songs on A.R.E. American, but those were fast tempo, and not really sweet, and more similar to their Liberty style, than to "A Rose Growing in the Ruins".

Well then.

Can't say that I'd ever heard of this track before .. but I did a bit of googling and found this link where you can listen to a quite lengthy sample of the song.

http://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Rare...ruins/#product

Roger