[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mary, Cindy, Scherrie Reunion in LA

atcsm Guest
    Mary looks great

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Who is the other lady to the right of Scherrie? Is that our redhot cause she said she was going to see Mary's Lena Horne show?

The woman on the right [[next to Scherrie) was identified by the person who posted this on Facebook as being Debbie Sharpe, the woman who sang with Mary in South America just after The Supremes disbanded in 1977. Neat reconnection. I heard Mary did really well with this Lena Horne show of hers. Good for her--and nice to see Mary, Scherrie and Cindy together again!

Is that Mary in her Lena Horne outfit? I didn't even recognize her..nice to see the gals together

That's a great pic. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see Cindy. She doesn't make that many public appearances these days.

Ok fellow SDF I mean no harm and I love her with all my heart but whats up with the picture of Cindy ?

she did not
    doll' up for the occassion...and at a certain age,'dolling up' is a MUST..she looks adorable, we love Cindy Birdsong

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    The woman on the right [[next to Scherrie) was identified by the person who posted this on Facebook as being Debbie Sharpe, the woman who sang with Mary in South America just after The Supremes disbanded in 1977. Neat reconnection. I heard Mary did really well with this Lena Horne show of hers. Good for her--and nice to see Mary, Scherrie and Cindy together again!
    I have never heard of the lady but know I'm real confused. Was Debbie Sharpe a Supreme?

To me, Cindy Birdsong is just being a lady of over 70; she's doing what Diana does in the pictures where she's buying flowers at the market down the street. They don't care if you take their picture; they are just being human beings.

I like those pictures ~ they read "decent human being".

The ones I think are the ones that warrant comment are the ones where these 70 year old women cover their faces with make up, take away every wrinkle, strap in every roll, and dress up like a drag queen - the heavier ones are the worst; and Patti Labelle leads the way but so many of them take the cue from Diana and try and dress the same way. I prefer Aretha Franklin's style these days..............a little less glitz. In this picture above, Mary's cheeks vie with the dress for brightest color.

Cindy's picture also tell you she ain't preparing for any reunion!

Mary is a natural beauty. To me, she was always somewhat of a chameleon, her hair, makeup and dress really altered her looks so much that she often looked almost like a different lady from one picture to the next. This is most evident if you look at her photo pages in her books. Here, I don't think her makeup or dress outlandish considering she was performing, or even if she wasn't. She still looks like herself.

Don't get me started on Labelle or the others who look "assembled" rather than made up...I was already snarky about that in another thread a while back...! Let's not go there again. Jillfoster had to point out to me the lady in one photo, who I thought I recognized but couldn't identify, was Connie Francis, a singer I've loved almost as long as I've loved the Supremes! Completely unrecognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Mary is a natural beauty. To me, she was always somewhat of a chameleon, her hair, makeup and dress really altered her looks so much that she often looked almost like a different lady from one picture to the next. This is most evident if you look at her photo pages in her books. Here, I don't think her makeup or dress outlandish considering she was performing, or even if she wasn't. She still looks like herself.

Don't get me started on Labelle or the others who look "assembled" rather than made up...I was already snarky about that in another thread a while back...! Let's not go there again. Jillfoster had to point out to me the lady in one photo, who I thought I recognized but couldn't identify, was Connie Francis, a singer I've loved almost as long as I've loved the Supremes! Completely unrecognizable.
    Poor Connie Francis has battled mental illness for years and is on medication which may be giving her the bloated look.

Debbie Sharpe was never a Supreme.

Cindy will be 72 in December. She's not always going to look like she did 40 years ago. She does look older compared to Mary, but I think she looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Poor Connie Francis has battled mental illness for years and is on medication which may be giving her the bloated look.
    Roberta75, admittedly I didn't know that, but the photo I was looking at was after a lot of plastic surgery. She didn't look bloated, just too "worked on."

Here is another photo of Mary and Cindy. I think Cindy looks real good. Lest we forget Mary is caked in stage make-up and Cindy has barely a lick on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Roberta75, admittedly I didn't know that, but the photo I was looking at was after a lot of plastic surgery. She didn't look bloated, just too "worked on."
    I think I saw that photo as well kenneth. I have no idea why people overdo the plastic surgery. Have you seen Linda Evans or Joan Rivers? And look what poor Michael jackson did to his face. Very sad indeed.

I think I saw that photo as well kenneth. I have no idea why people overdo the plastic surgery. Have you seen Linda Evans or Joan Rivers? And look what poor Michael jackson did to his face. Very sad indeed.
    Thanks Roberta75. I try to avoid being snarky which is why I didn't want to repeat my earlier comments. Yes, as to Evans and Rivers...those folks all start to look more like each other than themselves. As to MJ he looked great back in the "Off the Wall" days, and maybe he'd already had his nose done by then but he was still a nice looking kid, and then just got more and more bizarre looking.

Thanks Roberta75. I try to avoid being snarky which is why I didn't want to repeat my earlier comments. Yes, as to Evans and Rivers...those folks all start to look more like each other than themselves. As to MJ he looked great back in the "Off the Wall" days, and maybe he'd already had his nose done by then but he was still a nice looking kid, and then just got more and more bizarre looking.
    MJ was beautiful during his Off the Wall days and still dreamy when he did Thriller. After that it all went downhill. The added cleft in the chin, the constant thinning of the nose and the cheek implants made him really odd looking.

Check out this link. http://www.celebrityplasticpics.com/...ic-surgery.htm

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Debbie Sharpe was never a Supreme.
    Are you sure about that bradsupremes because it says here that Debbie was a Supreme. Now I am even more confused. http://www.capopandjazzcouncil.com/DeBorah.html

MJ was beautiful during his Off the Wall days and still dreamy when he did Thriller. After that it all went downhill. The added cleft in the chin, the constant thinning of the nose and the cheek implants made him really odd looking.

Check out this link. http://www.celebrityplasticpics.com/...ic-surgery.htm

Roberta
    Yikes!!! That is both illuminating and awful.

Yikes!!! That is both illuminating and awful.
    Although Debbie sang as a Supreme with Mary & Cindy, you don't have worry about her going on tour with her own group of Supremes, because she is not that type of person and have much respect for Mary and the Supremes

Here is another photo of Mary and Cindy. I think Cindy looks real good. Lest we forget Mary is caked in stage make-up and Cindy has barely a lick on.
    I didn't want to comment on the other picture, but indy looks really well on this photo. Now just think what she would look like all made up? Btw I think they were filming this show as well so that's why Mary was made up this way.

Are you sure about that bradsupremes because it says here that Debbie was a Supreme. Now I am even more confused. http://www.capopandjazzcouncil.com/DeBorah.html
    No, Debbie was never a Supreme. Others on this board will know more about this subject, but I think that after Mary left the Supremes, she found out that she had more dates that her and Pedro's company , Supremes Inc, were legally bound to do. She asked Sherrie and Susaye, but they said no. She then asked Cindy and Debbie. Even though Mary was now a former Supreme, they toured as the Supremes. Mary - or the people who booked her - continued to use the Supreme billing in various ways [[Mary Wilson and THE SUPREMES; THE SUPREMES' Mary Wilson; Mary Wilson of THE SUPREMES)

Over the decades, Mary or the bookers used various forms of the Supremes name in HER billing. But Mary was a former Supreme after 1977. Debbie is no more a Supreme than Kaaaaaren Ragland and the other dozen or so people who toured with Mary and were billed as Supremes when they performed with Mary. The difference is that Kaaaaaren keeps touring as if she is and was a Supreme. Debbie doesn't.

At the time that Debbie toured with Mary, Sherrie and Susaye could have continued as the Supremes if they had gotten another girl. They would have been the legitimate Supremes.

We see still similar situations today. Dennis Edwards tours with the Dennis Edwards and the Temptations Revue while Otis tours with the legitimate Temptations.
    Last edited by milven; 10-02-2011 at 09:41 AM.

I think Cindy looks just fine. If she needed it I could fix her up with a little AVON make up, glam her up for the stage if you will, and my neighbor could loan her a cute little wig. I love Cindy Birdsong.

Penny

Some people try to defend the claim that the ladies who toured with Mary Wilson after 1977 are Supremes [[ex. Kaaaren Raagland) because a judge said they were. The fact of the matter is that the Supremes ended on June 12, 1977. Motown owns the name "Supremes" so the only people who can claim they are a Supreme are the nine ladies [[Diana, Mary, Florence, Barbara, Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Scherrie & Susaye) that actually signed with Motown. Those are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Some people try to defend the claim that the ladies who toured with Mary Wilson after 1977 are Supremes [[ex. Kaaaren Raagland) because a judge said they were. The fact of the matter is that the Supremes ended on June 12, 1977. Motown owns the name "Supremes" so the only people who can claim they are a Supreme are the nine ladies [[Diana, Mary, Florence, Barbara, Cindy, Jean, Lynda, Scherrie & Susaye) that actually signed with Motown. Those are the facts.
    Thank you for clearing this up for me bradsupremes.

Best to you.

Roberta

I prefer Cindys hair like this--didnt like the curls. She has beautiful skin. She is 71! I hope we all look so good then.

Nice to see that Scherrie is being acknowledged as a Supreme again.

She looks terrific also.

smark21 Guest
    Cindy has always had a beautiful smile.

Well i am happy to see Cindy reunited with Scherrie and Mary for a photo op. But i did a double take when i saw Cindy, she does
    not look like her Supreme self in fact she looks like she lost height. I can understand not wanting to wear makeup after a certain age, and people have a right to do themselves how they see fit. I prefer the makeup look whenever I am in public, and for those who don't respect their wishes, I just hope Cindy is well.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Well i am happy to see Cindy reunited with Scherrie and Mary for a photo op. But i did a double take when i saw Cindy, she does
    not look like her Supreme self in fact she looks like she lost height. I can understand not wanting to wear makeup after a certain age, and people have a right to do themselves how they see fit. I prefer the makeup look whenever I am in public, and for those who don't respect their wishes, I just hope Cindy is well.
    A lot of older people shrink. My dad lost 3 inches of his height after he passed 70 and my mother lost a couple of inches as well. Cindy is almost 72 years old. But in the picture where she's smiling, the Supreme Cindy was very alive and present.

It's true that she may have shrunk a bit, but also consider that Mary and Scherrie may be wearing high heels and Cindy may not. Mary and Cindy were the same height and Mary is much taller in the pictures due to the heels. I think if Cindy was wearing heels, she would still around Mary's height.

If you look closely at the second pic posted, the one with she, Mary and a guy doing the "Stop" gesture, you can see that Cindy has lost a lot of weight.

I think it was Andy Skurow who said on Midnight Johnny's show that Cindy had lost weight and got back to her skinny TCB era weight. I think her looking less done up than the other girls might actually be due to Cindy's religious beliefs and church affiliation. I know she's a minister now and certain churches don't believe in heavy makeup and huge shows of vanity. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, just a theory... I hope I look that good when I reach that age and still can maintain the positive spirit Cindy has always had despite numerous life setbacks....

Someone told me that Cindy has retired from her ministry. I remember seeing a photo of her all dolled up at the FLOS 20th Anniversary event a few years ago, so I do not believe her lack of makeup has anything to do with her personal beliefs. She probably wanted to attend Mary's show out of support for her friend, without having to make herself all glamorous. Good for her. Women should be allowed to age gracefully and comfortably.

I love Debbie Sharpe, great singer, great lady! It would be great to see Mary, Cindy and Scherrie reunite onstage for a concert sometime.

I think its possible. Mary said recently she is not opposed to it but they hadnt dicussed it--maybe they did at her show!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I think its possible. Mary said recently she is not opposed to it but they hadnt dicussed it--maybe they did at her show!
    Cindy Birdsong is almost 72 years old so I doubt we will see this reunion tour ever happen unless it's a one of TV special.

Has Lynda Laurence or Susaye Greene ever attended a Mary Wilson Solo performance? I know that Cindy, Jean and Scherrie has.

a one off tv special is what The Suprermes Reunion should have been proposed as in the first place, with a followup DVD/CD release..

Even with Diana, a TV Special these days will almost be impossible to sell.

With just the others, there is not a hope of selling it other than on homemade DVD.

a channel like BRAVO would jump all over it...or LOGO, hosted by Ru Paul..seriously

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Even with Diana, a TV Special these days will almost be impossible to sell.

With just the others, there is not a hope of selling it other than on homemade DVD.
    Just as a Diana Ross solo TV Special would be impossible to sell [[she would need the involvement of the Supremes i.e. Mary Wilson, Cindy Birdsong....). Does Miss Ross even have any solo concert DVD's on the market?

Now with the "others", I think that a special guest spot on a currently popular television program would work great! Mary Wilson , Cindy Birdsong, Scherrie Payne and Susaye Greene would be perfect for this.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-08-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    a channel like BRAVO would jump all over it...or LOGO, hosted by Ru Paul..seriously
    TBS and David Letterman would jump all over it as a spot on his show. I think Jay Leno would go for it as well since he is friends with Mary Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Has Lynda Laurence or Susaye Greene ever attended a Mary Wilson Solo performance? I know that Cindy, Jean and Scherrie has.
    Susaye Greene has attended. I use to have a picture of Susaye and Scherrie joining Mary onstage at one of her shows. It was from the 80's so it's been a while.

And Im sure American Idol/X Factor as well as the talk shows would jump at a reunon. Labelle were on like ten of them; BET too.

There would be no interest at all in a reunion of any grouping of Supremes minus Ross. Why do you think Mary is ONLY interested in THAT reunion? There would be no interest in TV, no TV show other than some local crap show much like some of you need to hype on Mary's website and the only DVD would be the homemade jobbies that the few guys that hang out with Mary put out.

Get real guys; you are stuck in the 60's and remember, Mary couldn't even sing then. Mind you, I suppose it's guys like you that keep the gal goin.........and support is support even if it comes in a girdle.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    And Im sure American Idol/X Factor as well as the talk shows would jump at a reunon. Labelle were on like ten of them; BET too.
    Definitely Luke. I was thinking more along the lines of what LaBelle did. American Idol/ X Factor and even DWTS with Mary SINGING, not as a contestant would go over very well. Monique, Wendy, The View and others would be more than receptive to this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    There would be no interest at all in a reunion of any grouping of Supremes minus Ross. Why do you think Mary is ONLY interested in THAT reunion? There would be no interest in TV, no TV show other than some local crap show much like some of you need to hype on Mary's website and the only DVD would be the homemade jobbies that the few guys that hang out with Mary put out.

Get real guys; you are stuck in the 60's and remember, Mary couldn't even sing then. Mind you, I suppose it's guys like you that keep the gal goin.........and support is support even if it comes in a girdle.
    Sorry but there is very little interest in Diana Ross now, which is why she is touring all the time in places like these small and smaller blue collar towns whereas even 10 years ago she would have by-passed them without even a thought.

America may not hold it's "classic" or veteran artists up to high esteem perpetually, but it does love nostalgia! So many still connect the Supremes with their youth and a reunion of The Supremes even without Diane on TV would get attention because America knows that Diane was never much of a teamplayer to begin with and they love Mary....
    Last edited by marv2; 10-08-2011 at 06:18 PM.