[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Roberta--I've read all the show-biz Motown memoirs, and I have read nothing even remotely "infamous" about Margie Haber. As for who was a Supreme and who wasn't--I'd go with who was actually signed by Motown to be a Supreme.

smark21 Guest
    Here's an article in advance of the show in Alexandria, Louisiana. Several songs that are to be performed are mentioned, including the inevitable Stormy Weather, and a song that used to be in The Supremes nightclub act, It's Alright with Me. http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...TYLE/110060302

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Roberta--I've read all the show-biz Motown memoirs, and I have read nothing even remotely "infamous" about Margie Haber. As for who was a Supreme and who wasn't--I'd go with who was actually signed by Motown to be a Supreme.
    It's pretty apparent to most that the person who insists that Margie Haber is "infamous" has absolutely no comprehension of the meaning of the word infamous.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    It's pretty apparent to most that the person who insists that Margie Haber is "infamous" has absolutely no comprehension of the meaning of the word infamous.
    I am relatively new here but I learn quickly, Roberta. Of whom you speak has made it clear they have no comprehension of anything based in reality.

Have a great day. I have deliveries to make.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I am relatively new here but I learn quickly, Roberta. Of whom you speak has made it clear they have no comprehension of anything based in reality.

Have a great day. I have deliveries to make.

Penny
    You have a great day as well Penny and thanks for your message about the mint foot cream. Please check your inbox as I sent you an order.

Yes Smark21,i was there,yes If You Believe was included in the show,but in a movie video,with Miss Horne singing it.[[great video)but everyone was there to see Miss Mary Wilson in The Lena Horne Project,Mary was not playing Miss Horne,but singing her songs,and doing a great job,singing them,the show is based on James Gavin's book Stormy Weather,in the show Mr.Gavin tells the story,of how he got the chance to meet Mary,and how they put the show together.[[i love it)i don't know Miss Horne's music,but watching Mary salute Miss Horne,makes me wanna know more about her life,some of the songs i do remember were,Stormy WeatherWhy Was I Born,Honeysuckle Rose,[[and some i don't know the names)but the Fans[[like myself) came from all over,San Francisco,New York,and what a great performance Mary gave,Mary also told a story, about how she,and Supreme members Cindy Birdsong,and Diana Ross met Miss Horne,in London's Talk Of The Town,Mary said Miss Horne talked with them,after the show.[[great story)and it's alway great to see Supreme Cindy Birdsong and Scherrie Payne,with her sister Freda Payne, in the house.it's hard to believe that this Mary Wilson,one of the original Supremes,starring in this show,Mary changed her gowns,about 5 times,when ever Mary hit the stage, shes a pro,no i didn't take picture's,but thank Marv2,for posting those great picture's,like you said Smark21,its Educational,Historical,Musical Endeavor,i also i got the chance to meet Mr.Gavin after the show,and told him,that this show should go to Broadway,and he said,starring Mary Wilson,[[i love it)what i'm trying to say,if James Gavin's Stormy Weather,The Lena Horne Project,starring Mary Wilson,comes to your city,go see it,you're gonna love it.[[smile)
    Mary ended the show with, The Lady Is A Tramp,with 2 standing ovations,yes,it was a night to remember
    Also a special thanks to The Misician Institute
    Please stay positive
    Last edited by REDHOT; 10-10-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Yes Smark21,i was there,yes If You Believe was included in the show,but in a movie video,with Miss Horne singing it.[[great video)but everyone was there to see Miss Mary Wilson in The Lena Horne Project,Mary was not playing Miss Horne,but singing her songs,and doing a great job,singing them,the show is based on James Gavin's book Stormy Weather,in the show Mr.Gavin tells the story,of how he got the chance to meet Mary,and how they put the show together.[[i love it)i don't know Miss Horne's music,but watching Mary salute Miss Horne,makes me wanna know more about her life,some of the songs i do remember were,Stormy WeatherWhy Was I Born,Honeysuckle Rose,[[and some i don't know the names)but the Fans[[like myself) came from all over,San Francisco,New York,and what a great performance Mary gave,Mary also told a story, about how she,and Supreme members Cindy Birdsong,and Diana Ross met Miss Horne,in London's Talk Of The Town,Mary said Miss Horne talked with them,after the show.[[great story)and it's alway great to see Supreme Cindy Birdsong and Scherrie Payne,with her sister Freda Payne, in the house.it's hard to believe that this Mary Wilson,one of the original Supremes,starring in this show,Mary changed her gowns,about 5 times,when ever Mary hit the stage, shes a pro,no i didn't take picture's,but thank Marv2,for posting those great picture's,like you said Smark21,its Educational,Historical,Musical Endeavor,i also i got the chance to meet Mr.Gavin after the show,and told him,that this show should go to Broadway,and he said,starring Mary Wilson,[[i love it)what i'm trying to say,if James Gavin's Stormy Weather,The Lena Horne Project,starring Mary Wilson,comes to your city,go see it,you're gonna love it.[[smile)
    Mary ended the show with, The Lady Is A Tramp,with 2 standing ovations,yes,it was a night to remember
    Also a special thanks to The Misician Institute
    Please stay positive
    Thank you for that wonderful review Red Hot! We are going to have to convince Mary to bring this show to the Big Apple [[smile). Yes, by all means "please stay positive..."

Marv

Mary was truly at her worst in those few years when she seemed to follow Diana around, uninvited. Perhaps it was to play to the media, attract attention and maybe a record deal, but it showed a complete lack of respect for herself; I still wonder why anyone would ever do that. It seemed to be asking for trouble ~ asking to be turned away by the doorman as an uninvited guest to a private function, which is exactly what happened.

Hopefully those days are long gone; Believe in Yourself is a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Mary was truly at her worst in those few years when she seemed to follow Diana around, uninvited. Perhaps it was to play to the media, attract attention and maybe a record deal, but it showed a complete lack of respect for herself; I still wonder why anyone would ever do that. It seemed to be asking for trouble ~ asking to be turned away by the doorman as an uninvited guest to a private function, which is exactly what happened.

Hopefully those days are long gone; Believe in Yourself is a good choice.
    and what does that have to do with this thread?

Don't fall for it Marv2,i hope they[[James Gavin)put,Believe In Yourself in the show,with Miss Wilson singing it,and again,
    Please stay positive

I find it interesting that Mary has been able to get these types of gigs there are many others that I am sure would have jumped at the chance to do this who may be more well known to the general public. Mary is liked amongst many people and it is so good to see that her love of jazz has served her well outside of the Supremes world. I am truly happy for her and she looks great!