[REMOVE ADS]

The new tempts dvd worth the buy

I found this to be a better investment than buying the new 50th anniversary 3-cd set.

The temptations just looked great in all the video's. I really think the original 5 plus dennis edwards set the bar so high that few could reach it.
    This dvd set proves that.

I wish they would put on dvd
    tcb....tempts and supremes
    git on broadway

at this point i prefer the dvd to the cd......especially when your looking back on great groups. Today they have the video.....all we had back then was ed sullivan, andy williams and a few others.

Trust me
    you will enjoy this 1

you all be blessed
    doc t

For the first time on DVD, this collection offers the Temptations' very best Ed Sullivan Show performances. Included here is the group's very first appearance in May 1967, in which they performed a medley of hits including "My Girl" and "[[I Know) I'm Losing You." Other songs featured are the group's No. 1 hit "I Can't Get Next to You," a playful version of "You've Made Me So Very Happy," the Top Ten hit "Psychedelic Shack," and the 1969 hit single "Runaway Child, Running Wild" with Dennis Edwards replacing David Ruffin. The Temptations' last performance on The Ed Sullivan Show [[1971) is also included, broadcast just a few months before the show went off the air, in which they performed "Get Ready" and their No. 1 hit "Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)."

Tracks

1. Medley: Girl [[Why You Wanna Make Me Blue), All I Need, My Girl, I'm Losing You

2. Don't Look Back

3. Medley with The Supremes: Get Ready, Stop! In The Name of Love, My Guy, Baby Love, I'm Losing You

4. Runaway Child, Running Wild

5. I Can't Get Next To You

6. You've Made Me So Very Happy

7. Psychedelic Shack

8. Get Ready

9. Medley: Ain't No Mountain High Enough, I'll Be There, My Sweet Lord

10. Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)

BONUS

11.Hello Young Lovers

12. Autumn Leaves

now that's what i like to see

Excellent DVD with the exception of the 1971 medley, in which "Signed Sealed Delivered" is glaringly omitted, resulting in awkward editing...I WONDER who was responsible for the omission...

I really enjoyed The best of The Temptations,You Made Me So Very Happy,I never knew that they,ever sing it.[[love it)
    Please stay positive

It was a good video, but short. It was Ed Sullivan.....it has its low points , which I won't go into here, but overall it was a great representation of them doing their thing. If you watch closely you see the slow deterioration of Paul Williams dancing ability but I'm glad I bought it.

I noticed that too.....but on "Don't look back" Paul show some of his good moves.
    Eddie sounded putstanding
    Otis sounded pretty good on the parts that he sung also
    Ed Sullivan stage props and camera shots were very good as well

They were all in extremely fine voice and young as hell, but most importantly they had finally achieved the recognition that had previously eluded them and during these performances demonstrated that they were having the time of their lives. In fact these guys were dam near perfect, they could out sing and out dance anyone out there and they made it look easy. And did I mention, in my opinion they were the first group to emanate the art of cool........

Name:  temptations-dvd-082611jpg-9450f7d97f6cb8ba.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  46.6 KB

Are these out in the U.K. yet?

honest man Guest
    will they be compatible for UK, I hope so,otherwise another lost project. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    I really enjoyed The best of The Temptations,You Made Me So Very Happy,I never knew that they,ever sing it.[[love it)
    Please stay positive
    The dancing was great.....It reminded me of GIT on Broadway