[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Obrey Wilson

Obrey Wilson

Interesting sound, and great voice... i've never heard of him before, and can't find much information on him... where he's from, etc.

He's had a few singles over the course of the '60's, for labels like Epic, Columbia and Philips. His song "I Want to Tell You" is a Northern soul tune.

Best,

Mark

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  21.1 KB
    He recorded for Snuff Garrett at Liberty Records from 1961-64, and probably worked for Cedarwood Music Publishing. he wrote songs for them. He also recorded for Columbia/Epic Records in the mid '60s, and Bell Records [[for Jerry Kennedy) in the late '60s/early '70s. He has a very smooth, rich voice. He could have been a big star, if the right opportunity came along. Just like Brooks O'Dell, the cards just weren't right. There's no bio on him. No way to know where he came from.

I have a song of his "Sho-nuff You Can" on a compilation LP "Lost Soul" on Epic. Nice mellow cut. Information about him is next-to-impossible to find. I think that I may have a lead on him, but just have to follow up.