[REMOVE ADS]

Both Brides of Funkenstein coming out on CD domestically from Wounded Bird

Cool! I just might get these!

Can't wait. Have been a fan since both albums came out. 'Never Buy Texas From A Cowboy' is simply the best.

been waiting for funk or walk for ages.i sold the vinyl lp way back for alot of money and regretted it ever since!
    saw them live in 78 as part of the parliament/funkadelic/parlet/brides earth tour.all 5 and a half hours of it!

Funk Or Walk was available on CD in Japan and it's still, more or less, available on the internet.

Such great albums! I always loved "Never Buy Texas" especially the title song with that long extended jam, though it seems most people preferred the first LP. Did any other listeners ever notice that the very same "jam" backing track for the LP version of "Texas" was used also for the 12" of "Agony of Defeet" by Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Such great albums! I always loved "Never Buy Texas" especially the title song with that long extended jam, though it seems most people preferred the first LP. Did any other listeners ever notice that the very same "jam" backing track for the LP version of "Texas" was used also for the 12" of "Agony of Defeet" by Parliament?
    I personally don't see any similarities between the two tracks. Can you be more specific?

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    I personally don't see any similarities between the two tracks. Can you be more specific?
    Compare the extended jam section of "Texas" with the heavy beats and the hand claps [[I haven't heard it in a long time but I think it also has a lead guitar in that section) with the long version of "Agony of Defeet." "Defeet" uses the same track to riff during the extended section on the 12", but I think it was more obvious on the LP than it is on the CD "12" Collection" which I played last night. On the CD, they seem to turn down the beats and the handclaps so they're not quite so strong, but it's definitely the same track for a couple minutes in there. Just one of those things which, as a fan, you get a kick out of it when you notice.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Compare the extended jam section of "Texas" with the heavy beats and the hand claps [[I haven't heard it in a long time but I think it also has a lead guitar in that section) with the long version of "Agony of Defeet." "Defeet" uses the same track to riff during the extended section on the 12", but I think it was more obvious on the LP than it is on the CD "12" Collection" which I played last night. On the CD, they seem to turn down the beats and the handclaps so they're not quite so strong, but it's definitely the same track for a couple minutes in there. Just one of those things which, as a fan, you get a kick out of it when you notice.
    I've always thought that Agony Of DeFeet was a rehashed mix of both One Nation and Knee Deep. When I try to compare the tracks that you speak of, and I personally don't see a lot of similarities.

Funk or Walk was released just as everything P-Funk was turning to Gold.
    When I first heard Disco to Go I remember thinking Bootsy finally found a spot for that horn riff they'd been using for so long.

I was crazy about Dawn Silva [[would someone please give her my number?).
    I highly recommend the live CD as well, it rocks.

chi, if we're friends on Facebook [[and I think we are) you'll hear a very interesting story from Lynn and Dawn about certain events leading up to the release of "Funk Or Walk".

Quote Originally Posted by chidrummer View Post
    Funk or Walk was released just as everything P-Funk was turning to Gold.
    When I first heard Disco to Go I remember thinking Bootsy finally found a spot for that horn riff they'd been using for so long.

I was crazy about Dawn Silva [[would someone please give her my number?).
    I highly recommend the live CD as well, it rocks.
    I'm glad you mentioned that because Dawn Silva was one of my pinup girls in college! hehehehehe......!