[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    honest man Guest
    HA mate you said what i was thinking,the woman is a LIVING LEGEND,Also she is THE BOSS,We will never get another like her in our lifetime, cheers.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysupreme View Post
    LOL When she does tour overseas, you have said it's because no one in the US cares to see her. Now that she's on the 4th successful leg of this tour, you say she should go overseas! Get your 'critiques' straight, bruh! hehehehe
    hehehehehehehe!! LOL!

LOL When she does tour overseas, you have said it's because no one in the US cares to see her. Now that she's on the 4th successful leg of this tour, you say she should go overseas! Get your 'critiques' straight, bruh! hehehehe
    Are you kidding me? She is now pretty much just a "cult artist". There are people that travel around just to see her show multiple times, so of course there are people that are interested in seeing her. It's just that it is the same people. Like the Grateful Dead had their cult following, Diane has hers. They did great business out of that finite, limited crowd for years. So could she. When I said maybe she could go overseas, you left off the rest of what I said [[you and buddies have a habit of doing that for some strange reason...) I said to record since apparently no one is interested in recording her here in the United States. She's whined about that fact several times on television over years. That's all.
    Last edited by marv2; 09-22-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    hehehehehehehe!! LOL!

You did it backwards! LOL!!!

RossHolloway Guest
    Unless you gave birth to her or know her on a personal level, the name is Diana. I think it's obnoxious when people spell her name Diane. As if you're just that familiar and close to her or sang background for her. It's funny people don't go around spelling Marvin Gaye's last name Gay or go about calling Stevie Wonder by the name his parents actually gave him. Stop being such a douche.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Unless you gave birth to her or know her on a personal level, the name is Diana. I think it's obnoxious when people spell her name Diane. As if you're just that familiar and close to her or sang background for her. It's funny people don't go around spelling Marvin Gaye's last name Gay or go about calling Stevie Wonder by the name his parents actually gave him. Stop being such a douche.

hehehehehehehe!

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She is now pretty just a "cult artist".
    That's a new one. What do you do other than talk shit about Diana Ross on the internet all the time?

I've called Stevie Wonder "Steveland" to his face and he did not have any problem whatsoever. You do not know if I do or don't know Diane on a personal level and I will keep it like that! Douche? Whatever that means......backatcha!

RossHolloway Guest
    That's a new one. What do you do other than talk shit about Diana Ross on the internet all the time?
    *THIS* He does have a way of stinking up every thread that he post in. He's just a Ross HATER. And to quote the great philosopher and comic genius Katt Williams - "Haters are just doing their job".

I don't know you well enough to talk to you that way! LOL!!!

RossHolloway Guest
    I've called Stevie Wonder "Steveland" to his face and he did not have any problem whatsoever. You do not know if I do or don't know Diane on a personal level and I will keep it like that! Douche? Whatever that means......backatcha!

I'd bet good money you don't know Diana Ross, and would not call her Diane too her face and your credibility on this site is about on the same level as a tea bagger saying it's not about Obama's skin color.

*THIS* He does have a way of stinking up every thread that he post in. He's just a Ross HATER. And to quote the great philosopher and comic genius Katt Williams - "Haters are just doing their job".

Katt Williams who Steve Harvey had to jack up in Detroit New Years Eve 2009? LOL! I don't hate Diane at all. You're just very overly sensitive about this woman.

I'd bet good money you don't know Diana Ross, and would not call her Diane too her face and your credibility on this site is about on the same level as a tea bagger saying it's not about Obama's skin color.

You can bet all you want. I am not telling who I know and who I don't. Diane can't whip me, not even when she was young. I do know for sure that I do not know you!

RossHolloway Guest
    You can bet all you want. I am not telling who I know and who I don't. Diane can't whip me, not even when she was young. I do know for sure that I do not know you!
    Personally I could give a rats ass about who you do and do not know. Just keep doing your job HATER, while Diana Ross keeps counting her millions and singing her songs all over the world. LOL.

Are you kidding me? She is now pretty just a "cult artist". There are people that travel around just to her show multiple times, so of course there are people that are interested in seeing her. It's just that it is the same people. Like the Grateful Dead had their cult following, Diane has hers. They did great business out of that finite, limited crowd for years. So could she. When I said maybe she could go overseas, you left off the rest of what I said [[you and buddies have a habit of doing that for some strange reason...) I said to record since apparently no one is interested in recording her here in the United States. She's whined about that fact several times on television over years. That's all.
    Are you kidding ME? Do you really believe it is the same couple of thousand people showing up to Diana's shows each night? Sure, there's a small group who travel to multiple dates. Most veteran artists have that. Didn't you travel to see Mary at one time? As far as going overseas to record "since apparently no one is interested in recording her here in the United States." Name 3 black female artists near the age of 70 who consistently release recorded material in the US?

Personally I could give a rats ass about who you do and do not know. Just keep doing your job HATER, while Diana Ross keeps counting her millions and singing her songs all over the world. LOL.

She ain't counting no millions. Maybe in that dreamy World you live in where folks never get old and they never die........

Oh another thing. She did not write even one of the songs she sings.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    and from the looks of things is "protected" around here.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    She ain't counting no millions. Maybe in that dreamy World you live in where folks never get old and they never die........

So you have an inside scoop on Diana Ross' financial situation? And as for the dumb ass comment about her not writing the song she sings? So what? They are still her songs. Would you say "That's Life" is NOT a Frank Sinatra song? How about "Midnight Train to Georgia", is that NOT a Gladys Knight and the Pips song?

and from the looks of things is "protected" around here.
    say it, say it, again!

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Are you kidding ME? Do you really believe it is the same couple of thousand people showing up to Diana's shows each night? Sure, there's a small group who travel to multiple dates. Most veteran artists have that. Didn't you travel to see Mary at one time? As far as going overseas to record "since apparently no one is interested in recording her here in the United States." Name 3 black female artists near the age of 70 who consistently release recorded material in the US?
    Oh come now, you haven't seen Air Ross 1? It's a 777 that fly all over the world?

Oh come now, you haven't seen Air Ross 1? It's a 777 that fly all over the world?
    LOL hehehehehehe

LOL hehehehehehe

You're doing it backwards! It's : hehehehehehehe.......! LOL!!!!

Now you, try it again. LOL!!!

Diana can be a very talented and charismatic performer but to see her in 10 gowns or more singin I Will Survive and Aint No Mt High Enough does seem stale. Some serious change needed.

I will go to see that every time she comes around...and I do...Radio City was breath taking not too long ago!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Diana can be a very talented and charismatic performer but to see her in 10 gowns or more singin I Will Survive and Aint No Mt High Enough does seem stale. Some serious change needed.

Simple. Then don't go see her. I'll ask you a question I asked you once before. Name 3 women in Diana's age range that have made this "serious change"?

smark21 Guest
    Simple. Then don't go see her. I'll ask you a question I asked you once before. Name 3 women in Diana's age range that have made this "serious change"?
    Well Aretha Franklin, Bettye LaVette and Mavis Staples have all released new albums in the past year. And Mavis Staples hooked up with the frontman for Wilco and crafted an Indie Rock influenced update to her sound. But none of their record and release on a consistent basis. I don't think Ross has much interest in recording a new album and doing a big tour. She's winding down, having a victory lap with this extended tour and seems to be enjoying herself--she has nothing left to prove.

actually, she is wisely reconnecting with her audience FIRST...after the tour would be the ideal time to release a new CD/download album/DVD of the tour, or whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post

Luke! Please! There are evidently people that pay good money to see that, over and over and over again! LOL! oh LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    I will go to see that every time she comes around...and I do...Radio City was breath taking not too long ago!!
    Jimi, that's good and you should if that is what you enjoy. I laugh because of the way Luke makes some things sound, it's just funny to me. But if you like that type of show by all means always go!

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 09-22-2011 at 10:13 PM.

But she wasn't always her age! She's been doing the same act for nearly 30 years now! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Well Aretha Franklin, Bettye LaVette and Mavis Staples have all released new albums in the past year. And Mavis Staples hooked up with the frontman for Wilco and crafted an Indie Rock influenced update to her sound. But none of their record and release on a consistent basis. I don't think Ross has much interest in recording a new album and doing a big tour. She's winding down, having a victory lap with this extended tour and seems to be enjoying herself--she has nothing left to prove.

...and don't forget Mary Wilson who just happens to be the same age as Diana Ross and she has a fresh new sounding recording out called "Life's Been Good to Me"! She doesn't get stale because she has crafted 3 seperate shows that are targeted to different audiences!

But she wasn't always her age! She's been doing the same act for nearly 30 years now! LOL!!!!
    As have most artists who have been out there as long. For the most part, the changes come when new songs are added to promote new product. You forgot the hehehehehe!

As I speculated yesterday, the original poster of this thread knew exactly what they were doing to stir the pot. We really shouldn't feed the trolls on this site and there are some pretty obvious ones here TWO.
    For pete's sake, I simply asked a question on a MOTOWN message board about a Supremes photo I'd read a lot about but never actually seen. That's all. I'm hardly trolling as my actual posts will attest. And what's with the "TWO"? Some sort of inside joke?

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    For pete's sake, I simply asked a question on a MOTOWN message board about a Supremes photo I'd read a lot about but never actually seen. That's all. I'm hardly trolling as my actual posts will attest. And what's with the "TWO"? Some sort of inside joke?

Yeah, BUT! You started off with "I understand there's a MOTOWN at 50 TV special in the works so dare we even dream of another attempt at a televised Supremes reunion?"

Now where'd you hear that ? I don't usually agree with Rossholloway, but you do seem more than a little suspect starting this thread.

Marv

Yeah, BUT! You started off with "I understand there's a MOTOWN at 50 TV special in the works so dare we even dream of another attempt at a televised Supremes reunion?"

Now where'd you hear that ? I don't usually agree with Rossholloway, but you do seem more than a little suspect starting this thread.

Marv
    What do you mean where did I hear that? About a possible MOTOWN at 50 TV special? I don't remember - maybe somewhere on these boards? And what's wrong with wanting a successful reunion? I'd love that because I love The Supremes and consider myself a big fan. Regardless, I get it now and won't be asking any more questions about The Supremes that might cause problems. Which I suppose means asking very few questions at all, but that's fine. As I said before, I appreciate reese answering the question I actually asked. Now I know.

Marv
    I heard about a Motown 50 special here a few years ago in a post by you. You said that you had inside info but couldn't go into detail. Some people called you on it and asked you to provide further info, but you ignored the posts. It caused a lot of drama on the board. Perhaps this new member heard it from you.

But as far as a Motown 50 TV, I think that ship has passed. There was a great Stax documentary on PBS a few years ago. It would be great to see something similar about Motown.

RossHolloway Guest

Just keep on hatin dude... the more you type and post the more ridiculious you look. You lack any and all credibility. Isn't there a bridge close by where you could be trolling under?

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I heard about a Motown 50 special here a few years ago in a post by you. You said that you had inside info but couldn't go into detail. Some people called you on it and asked you to provide further info, but you ignored the posts. It caused a lot of drama on the board. Perhaps this new member heard it from you.

But as far as a Motown 50 TV, I think that ship has passed. There was a great Stax documentary on PBS a few years ago. It would be great to see something similar about Motown.
    Marv2 is just an out and out troll, pot stirrer, hater and liar. Just do your best to not feed the trolls and just ignore his posts.

"Diane can't whip me"

Oh for goodness sake. What a childish thing to say.

LOL When she does tour overseas, you have said it's because no one in the US cares to see her. Now that she's on the 4th successful leg of this tour, you say she should go overseas!
    LOL. You are 100% correct simplysupreme. He is consumed by Diana Ross 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    What do you mean where did I hear that? About a possible MOTOWN at 50 TV special? I don't remember - maybe somewhere on these boards? And what's wrong with wanting a successful reunion? I'd love that because I love The Supremes and consider myself a big fan. Regardless, I get it now and won't be asking any more questions about The Supremes that might cause problems. Which I suppose means asking very few questions at all, but that's fine. As I said before, I appreciate reese answering the question I actually asked. Now I know.

You read English! Stop playing! Ask yourself all of those made up questions you just posted!

Marv2 is just an out and out troll, pot stirrer, hater and liar. Just do your best to not feed the trolls and just ignore his posts.

And you are an out and out A -hole! Dishonest individual .

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    "Diane can't whip me"

Oh for goodness sake. What a childish thing to say.

She can't ! Ask her! LOL!!!!

That is not true at all. I never said nothing about any inside info. There was an AHole called Jonc that mentioned that daily for a year. We all concluded that he had "issues" and was stuck on mentioning something he knew nothing about. I never made any formal or informal announcement. You are confused on this topic. Find it?

That is not true at all. I never said nothing about any inside info. There was an AHole called Jonc that mentioned that daily for a year. We all concluded that he had "issues" and was stuck on mentioning something he knew nothing about. I never made any formal or informal announcement. You are confused on this topic. Find it?
    I remember your post and the thread vividly. Paraphrasing, you mentioned a Motown 50 special, you had inside info about it but were not at liberty to say more about it but soon would. You never did say, and Jonc called you on it, then went excessive and and called you out about it in other threads. You never once replied to him by providing further info. there never was any kind of a Motown 50 Special, and that provoked him even more to mock you. The board suffered for it. Eventually, Ralph came in and probably deleted the thread. He may have deleted you and Jonc too because both of you stopped posting. Eventually you came back as Marv2.

Besides that thread, most of us on this board were speculating about a Motown 50 Special and other ways that the event could be celebrated. Motown's 50th Anniversary came and went. Most of us were disappointed by the lack of promotion for something that Motown fans thought would be a major event.
    Last edited by milven; 09-23-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: don't like pizza with anchovies

LOL..........I found I had to check in to see what was happening on these great threads and I see on the home page where it highlights posts that there is something about "we ALL concluded he had issues"...............LOL.

Not.

He was just one of many, "on patrol"!

I kind of enjoy the crazy threads where we "out" the nuts and rehash something only 12 people care about and hardly anybody outside a few hundred people know anything about.

Mary is looking very beautiful on that Lena Horne show page and sounds good; but what's up with all the weight gain? I've never seen her look so heavy. Marv, can you ask her about that? I can recommend some good interval training drills.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Mary is looking very beautiful on that Lena Horne show page and sounds good; but what's up with all the weight gain? I've never seen her look so heavy. Marv, can you ask her about that? I can recommend some good interval training drills.
    That isn't kind jobeterob besides that photo of Mary from Sophisticated Ladies is almost 10 years old. All former Supremes have gained some weight in their golden years and there is nothing wrong with that. They have earned the right to enjoy their meals without worrying about gaining a few pounds.

Not very gentlemanly of you to criticize a lady's weight.

Roberta

I remember your post and the thread vividly. Paraphrasing, you mentioned a Motown 50 special, you had inside info about it but were not at liberty to say more about it but soon would. You never did say, and Jonc called you on it, then went excessive and and called you out about it in other threads. You never once replied to him by providing further info. there never was any kind of a Motown 50 Special, and that provoked him even more to mock you. The board suffered for it. Eventually, Ralph came in and probably deleted the thread. He may have deleted you and Jonc too because both of you stopped posting. Eventually you came back as Marv2.

Besides that thread, most of us on this board were speculating about a Motown 50 Special and other ways that the event could be celebrated. Motown's 50th Anniversary came and went. Most of us were disappointed by the lack of promotion for something that Motown fans thought would be a major event.

Nah, what it was and see you don't know what you are talking about. In July 2009 on the old forum I was talking to Juicefree when he commented that it would nice if there were some form of televised commoration of Motown Records 50th Anniversary. I responded to him ONCE that there was something in the works. We did not have private messaging then or I would have responded to him that way. Still this individual with issues named Jonc went on and on for like a year and a half "growing" this story in hopes that I was lying. It was none of his business to begin with, but I explained to him that I was not authorized to discuss it. Do you also remember that? Yet he persisted until he got kicked out of here and came back under several different aliases.

Nah I never stopped posting. Look at my total number of posts across from my name ....8,000 plus . Milven, you don't know what you are talking about. This "most of us" that you keep representing, translates into a handful guys that are here mainly to disrupt and argue to mess up the forum. The majority of forum members NEVER asked me once about it after I made it clear that I was not at liberty to discuss it.[[and I am not going to discuss it now). There are members here that know about it, so anyone that doesn't didn't need to because they had no involvement. You can keep on with that "most of us" charade if want to, because "most of the forum" already know that is bogus. I cannot believe I typing all of this, but I did not want to completely ignore you. However, if you choose to continue along this line of questioning after I post this, you will be ignore as it has nothing to do with the subject of this or any other thread on the forum..........whew!

Marv
    Last edited by marv2; 09-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    LOL..........I found I had to check in to see what was happening on these great threads and I see on the home page where it highlights posts that there is something about "we ALL concluded he had issues"...............LOL.

Not.

He was just one of many, "on patrol"!

I kind of enjoy the crazy threads where we "out" the nuts and rehash something only 12 people care about and hardly anybody outside a few hundred people know anything about.

Well he did/does have issues. I don't think it is funny. That dude needed help. Stalking is not what I consider normal behavior.

Mary had picked up some weight while on that U.K. Tour last winter. Seeing her at the end of July, she has lost all of it and then some. She is her usual, slim, trim gorgeous self again. Thanks but she is into yoga.

..... Milven, you don't know what you are talking about. This "most of us" that you keep representing, translates into a handful guys that are here mainly to disrupt and argue to mess up the forum.... You can keep on with that "most of us" charade if want to, because "most of the forum" already know that is bogus...
    Marv
    Wow, Marv, in another thread you thanked me for making phone calls and coming to your defense about an award that Mary won. In this thread you tell me keep saying that I don't know what I am talking about. It kinda comes across in print as if you are calling me a stupid idiot. I hope your implication is not that.

I never professed to represent anyone in my "most of us" comment. That comment had nothing to do with you and Jonc. What I was attempting to say was that most of us on this board [[and other Motown fans throughout the world) were hoping for a spectacular Motown 50 Celebration. We were disappointed. Perhaps my post wasn't clear because I am a stupid idiot.
    I can insult me if I want to. You shouldn't.