[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes on Shindig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c99P...&feature=feedu wasnt this slowed down? Loses some of it's appeal.

Does anyone have the brief clip of The Supremes doing A Lover's Concerto on Hulabaloo? It was on Youtube briefly in December of 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpKihJdWm9M Not the Supremes or The Toys but hows this for ruining a song?

please stay positive........
    LOL..
    sorry, I just HAD to say that SOMEWHERE!

From the ridiculous to the sublime. Here is Sarah Vaughn's interpretation. Sarah has a perfect voice and this performance is perfection. However, I still prefer the Toys version over any other version , including the Supremes

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpKihJdWm9M Not the Supremes or The Toys but hows this for ruining a song?

It wasn't awful. It's just that they sang it a much lower key than the original and in unison. It doesn't compare to the version by the Toys.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    From the ridiculous to the sublime. Here is Sarah Vaughn's interpretation. Sarah has a perfect voice and this performance is perfection. However, I still prefer the Toys version over any other version , including the Supremes

Oh this version by Sarah Vaughn is superior to all the others in my opinion.

Sarah's version is great ,but would have been even better had they the backing vocals on it.

It was AWFUL to my ears! Talk about boring!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It was AWFUL to my ears! Talk about boring!!
    A haha ! hehehehehehe.....! They should stick to "Sugar Town" huh? LOL!

Sarah Vaughn was excellent. Thanks for posting this. I'm sure it wasn't what teenagers were looking for in 1966 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Koach View Post
    Mrs Miller was the female equivalent of Tiny Tim. Jokes of the music and entertainment industry. Their albums sold, but if music retailers did their job properly, you would find their albums in the comedy section. They were both a joke

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Sarah Vaughn was excellent. Thanks for posting this. I'm sure it wasn't what teenagers were looking for in 1966 though.
    Kids would run away from this version. But the music industry still catered to the adults then and there were many artists recording traditional and contemporary songs. Some like Sinatra and Dean and Louie Armstrong even made it to the top of the charts then. Sassy Sarah Vaughn is Devine in her version of Concerto