[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yvonne fair

Smile Yvonne fair

I just found this amazing vidieo of Yonne singing It Should Have Been me on youtube!
    One of my all time faves..Paulo xxx

The one I have is by mezzomanuk if that helps. Cant get your link to work..But its our Yvonne alright, in a church [[yes I know), but its the best next thing to see Yvonne in person apart from Lady Sings The Blues. It Should Have Been Me..oh yes....Paulo xxx

I hope this is the video you intended to show. For some reason the video couldn't be posted directly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCU0h8iR_Dw
    I was totally floored the first time the video was viewed and found that the tracks on The Bitch is Black are over the top.
    Last edited by nabob; 09-10-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Yes, thats the one..bit cheesy,,but nice to see Yvonne on film. The Bitch Is Black album I have on vynil when released and on the CD reissue and I Love it. Yes Norman Whitfield production is a bit love or hate at times, but still very creative..PAULO XXX

A real curio. That's obviously filmed many years after the song came out. I wonder what led to its production? I'm not all that familiar with Yvonne Fair, except for the fantastic solo LP which got played to death on my stereo, but she's definitely a lot older in this clip than on the album cover, isn't she?

And what is that weird promo message at the end referring to?

Yeah wierd message at the end? Your right, she does look older. God I played that vynil to death. Get the Cd REISSUE. Great booklet with interviews etc..Paulo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    Yeah wierd message at the end? Your right, she does look older. God I played that vynil to death. Get the Cd REISSUE. Great booklet with interviews etc..Paulo xxx
    Yes, I did buy the CD. It is great remastered sound. I'm just hoping for an Anthology with lots of unreleased tracks. There's got to be more on her in the vaults!

Its been documented that there is at least enough for another album, plus duets with Chuck Jackson. So..? lets hope...Paulo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by paulo View Post
    Its been documented that there is at least enough for another album, plus duets with Chuck Jackson. So..? lets hope...Paulo xxx
    Wow! That would be great. Those duets would be wonderful to hear.

someone asked on youtube if that is Yvonne & yes it is but as you above have stated this was years after the song was out.Who knows? I knew Yvonne died a couple years after Mary Wells. I met Yvonne in 1975 through Mary.She was married to Sammy Strain[[Imperials,later O'Jays)& I went over their house In LA & gave Yvonne a copy of one of her old 45's she did with James Brown "I Found You".She was really a nice person & flipped out when she found out I was friends with Vicki Anderson also.I wonder if the video is out there of her being on either Soul Train Or Bandstand doin "Funky Music Sh'Nuff Turns Me on" & shes dressed like a cave girl. It was really a wild performance.I think when she passed she was working for Dionne Warwick as a wardrobe mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    someone asked on youtube if that is Yvonne & yes it is but as you above have stated this was years after the song was out.Who knows? I knew Yvonne died a couple years after Mary Wells. I met Yvonne in 1975 through Mary.She was married to Sammy Strain[[Imperials,later O'Jays)& I went over their house In LA & gave Yvonne a copy of one of her old 45's she did with James Brown "I Found You".She was really a nice person & flipped out when she found out I was friends with Vicki Anderson also.I wonder if the video is out there of her being on either Soul Train Or Bandstand doin "Funky Music Sh'Nuff Turns Me on" & shes dressed like a cave girl. It was really a wild performance.I think when she passed she was working for Dionne Warwick as a wardrobe mistress.
    Wow, what a pedigree. You knew both her and Vicki Anderson? Vocally, she resembled Anderson more than anyone, I think. Love them both.

Fair must have always struggled with her weight. The only time I saw her svelte was on the "Bitch is Black" album. Even in "Lady Sings the Blues," which was around the same time I think, to me she was almost unrecognizable, she looked so different. She has a couple tracks on the "Funky Divas" King Records Compilation, but maybe just a face photo, so I don't recall how she really looked at that earlier stage in her career. But she could certainly always sing!

yea, Yvonne was a little chunky but VERY pretty even back with JB. I know Vicki Anderson VERY well in the 70's visited her & Bobby Byrd several times in Houston. When I first met Yvonne she was still on Motown & had recently performed in the "cave girl" outfit & I would love to see that performance again, it was either on Soul Train or Bandstand .

Why wasn't she a household name? It's baffling to me how such real talent gets overlooked.

thats right, nosey, we've seen it over & over again.the "entertainment" business is 5% talent & 95% luck, which includes who you know & being in the right place at the right time.

Name:  Yvonne Fair A.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  67.2 KB

Yvonne, was a dear friend and I miss her to this very day. She would always have a smile on her face and could light up any room with her funny sence of humor.
    R.I.P. Say Yeah Yeah...

beautiful pix, BrotherLove, that looks from about '63. Yes, Yvonne had a sparkling personality.

Glad to see her memory and music lives on...Paulo xxx

The CD reissue by Paul Williams/Reel Music is worth it just for the booklet essay and pictures. What a fascinating read.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    The CD reissue by Paul Williams/Reel Music is worth it just for the booklet essay and pictures. What a fascinating read.
    I totally agree.

It's a shame that Paul's Reel music has experienced several delays of much anticipated Motown titles. By the time they are released [[and if they are even going to be released), they'll likely have to compete with Big Break and Hip-O-Select for our Motown dollars. That is, if we haven't had to use our budgeted funds on necessities or unforseen emergencies.

Thats what worries me. They will all come out together, and I wont be able to afford them all. Then they will be deleted. and then you end of paying over the top dollar on e-bay to get them. Hey, why is this hobby so damn expensive! Keep a smilin! Paulo xxx