[REMOVE ADS]

blackberry power remix available digi download from i tunes available today

the power remix used on the blackberry ad is now available to download only from itunes
    i got an email from classic motown today,along with details of the temps 50th anniversary singles collection 61-71.

judging by the ammount of people that viewed the original thread this will be a bit popular!

Upside is that some of the kids my age get introduced to Melvin's booming voice. That's the voice that some of the youtube commenters are asking about. They cared about the song more than they cared about the blackberry tablet which was a bit neat.

Thanks for the heads up re: Power remix...the long version is insanely awesome! @_@
    Last edited by vcq; 09-13-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Blackberry - Power Remix

Hi. Jill from Motown here. You can find the remix of The Temptations "Power" [[soundtree remix) on iTunes under the new Temptation's release "50th Anniversary - The Singles Collection [[1961-1971). This is now the finished track from the Blackberry commercial. Love to hear what you think!

this should be released as a proper single; it's already had a 'build up' from the tv commercials and VH1 showing The Temptations movie quite frequently; imagine having The Temptations back in the Top 40?

Awsome . . . Liked the original, but this tops it. Both remixes are truly amazing... Gotta have them.

Anyone know where we can download it in the UK?

Wayne

i checked its on itunes usa only as far as i could make out.nothing on uk site or amazon uk.

Quote Originally Posted by motownjill View Post
    Hi. Jill from Motown here. You can find the remix of The Temptations "Power" [[soundtree remix) on iTunes under the new Temptation's release "50th Anniversary - The Singles Collection [[1961-1971). This is now the finished track from the Blackberry commercial. Love to hear what you think!
    Jill, both the Soundtree / Peter Raeburn remixes are amazing. I love that the vocal integrity has been preserved and amplified in spots; the horns are bright and snappy without overpowering the vocals. The throbbing bassline gives the song enough of a modern edge without flirting too heavily with dance / techno, which would likely alienate old school Motown fans. The spoken interlude on the longer edit is a great addition, and I love the gritty, raw a cappella ending.

I'm with Jimi; release these tracks as a proper single, and the Temps may very well top the charts again!

Cheers,
    VCQ

This song is easily my most listened to Motown track of the last few years by far. They took everything great about the original version and multiplied it by 10x. Absolutely worth the download on iTunes!