[REMOVE ADS]

Marvelettes Complete Albums Volume 2

Is anyone aware of any news on the second complete albums by The Marvelettes box set.................so looking forward to this. It must be one of the most anticipated Motown albums of the year and I keep looking to see if there is any news but nothing! I would have liked to think that with the death of Gladys Horton it would have been released soon as some sort of tribute to the talents of such a group

I think one of those involved with the project, perhaps Keith Hughes, has indicated it has a planned release date of November and that the name of the set is "Marvelettes Forever More."

Can I then put this on my Christmas wish list yet?..Hopefully..Paulo xxx

It would be great if we did see this in November - I have the four albums on vinyl that should appear on this but it would be nice to have them all remastered and in one place with previously unreleased material from this period. Thanks for the info and I shall eagerly await more news on this

It's always nice to hear anything about my favorite girl group,i hope this complilation gets done...marvelttes forever!

Also, check http://twitter.com/#!/hiposelect. In July it was stated that more Marvelettes was planned so we'll get there eventually!

Kenneth, I don't THINK I have said anything about the title or the release date ... yet! But there are certainly reasons to be quietly optimistic. [[Quietly? On THIS forum?!)

Yes, it's coming, late November, barring any interruptions. Final mastering and booklet being worked on now. Plenty of goodies, all to be revealed closer to release date.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    Kenneth, I don't THINK I have said anything about the title or the release date ... yet! But there are certainly reasons to be quietly optimistic. [[Quietly? On THIS forum?!)
    Okay, thought it was you. I guess you're just one of "the usual suspects."

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    Yes, it's coming, late November, barring any interruptions. Final mastering and booklet being worked on now. Plenty of goodies, all to be revealed closer to release date.
    thanks Harry..can't ask fairer than that.Should be a wonderful set

Thanks for the great news, Harry. Any word on a Junior Walker box set? Still waiting to own some of his fabulous out-of-print albums from the 1970s...like his awesome cover of "Killing Me Softly."

That's really exciting news.........will look forward to more news on this project

hopefully there's a proper memorium to Gladys Horton..and a call to arms to get the group into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame,where they belong, alongside The Supremes and The Vandellas

Here we are mid October is there any release date set or a track list to tempt us ? Come on Hip O, throw us a bone !

Lets all hope for A MARVELOUS Christmas present..

According to today's MusicTap:
    Hip-O Select will also release Forever More: The Complete Motown Albums, Volume 2 featuring The Marvelettes and planned for December 13.

That's great news..........can't wait to hear more details

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    According to today's MusicTap:
    Hip-O Select will also release Forever More: The Complete Motown Albums, Volume 2 featuring The Marvelettes and planned for December 13.
    Thanks for the news about The Marvelettes! This will be a Merry Christmas for classic Motown fans.

Can't wait to see a track listing! Hoping there will be lots of unreleased tracks from their last era with Wanda on leads. Trying not to expect too much, recalling that even "Return of the Marvelettes" repeated a couple tracks from "In Full Bloom," perhaps because there wasn't much else recorded from that period. I imagine in their latter years it was difficult for the Marvelettes to even get studio time as their single and album releases seemed to get somewhat sporadic. But will be great to get this release, no matter what, just to have the last 4 albums on CD with the great Hip-O production.

Great News, But December 13 means it wont be released in the UK for Christmas, as I know from previous Hipo issues, Universal UK drags it out, like the last Supremes Let Yourself Go. Even If I can order online from the States, with the Christmas mail rush I will be very doubtful it would arrive on time. Sad but happy that it is, at last coming. Paulo xxx