[REMOVE ADS]

Music Collection

I was looking in [[1) of my closets and I saw Albums, Cassetts, CD's and believe it a 8track.
    [[oops I'm dateing myself) NO 45's or 78's

I have ALL the Temptations Recordings on all of the above. Some Albums I have multiple copies because I wore them out or I LOVED THE ARTWORK

Now I buy the CD.....and load it to my Itunes file.....At radio shack I found a turn table lets you load your Albums to your hard drive. On the computer the music is much easier to find.

I spend a lot of my leisure money on MUSIC AND BOOKS. I know a guy in the Pittsburgh area who puts his music in a warehouse.....he has about 1.5 million records.

FINALLY.....I HATE WHEN SOMEONE ASK ME TO BORROW AN ALBUM OR CD.....I JUST RUN TO MY COMPUTER AND BURN IT......YA NO'

Have a Blessed Day

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor Temptation View Post
    I was looking in [[1) of my closets and I saw Albums, Cassetts, CD's and believe it a 8track.

I have ALL the Temptations Recordings on all of the above. Some Albums I have multiple copies because I wore them out or I LOVED THE ARTWORK

Now I buy the CD.....and load it to my Itunes file.....At radio shack I found a turn table lets you load your Albums to your hard drive. On the computer the music is much easier to find.

I spend a lot of my leisure money on MUSIC AND BOOKS. I know a guy in the Pittsburgh area who puts his music in a warehouse.....he has about 1.5 million records.

FINALLY.....I HATE WHEN SOMEONE ASK ME TO BORROW AN ALBUM OR CD.....I JUST RUN TO MY COMPUTER AND BURN IT......YA NO'

Have a Blessed Day
    I do that too! But, only with select people, like family, or close friend.

I have over 65,000 albums on vinyl and CD, and lots of downloads. I even still have a few pre-recorded cassettes and boxes of ones I made. I have boxes of 45s and a few 8-track tapes [[I guess we're both old!). Anyway, I spent a year ripping all of my music to hard drives in FLAC, and mp3 copies of those for portability. I keep six hard drive backups in case a hard drive fails, and I also keep everything on a server so I never have to play the CDs or vinyl again! I just stream everything to the big stereo or laptop, which I have hooked up a pair of M-Audio monitors for better sound. I can stream or download my music from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Life is good for collectors and music lovers!

smark21 Guest

Have a Blessed Day
    YOu have quite a collection! Do you store your compact discs in plastic sandwich bags? There was a discussion on this a forum a year or two ago about the benefits of storing compact discs in plastic sandwich bags.

My God..I thought I had a collection. About a thousand albums and 45s/12" and a few hundred Cds. I would not know how the hell to get it all on this new format. HELP???...Storage is a BIG problem, especially when your other / better half cannot undertstand why you simply MUST have, say The Marvelettes Greatest Hits on Orange issue U.S. /Green issue U.S. Reissue Australian Green/ U.S. Green and so on. Its the SAME they scream. NO. And as for..no im not even going there.But WE know...yes? Paulo xxx

I know people who have their entire basement or house as a storage for their music! I know people who have CDs stashed in their dresser drawers and bathrooms! I have hard drives stacked everywhere along with boxes and boxes of records, tapes, and CDs in every room too! Every room as computers and stereos. Every one of my music buddies are the same way.

I keep at least two masterings of a lot of my albums and singles because both have something special about them.

ladonna Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I know people who have their entire basement or house as a storage for their music! I know people who have CDs stashed in their dresser drawers and bathrooms! I have hard drives stacked everywhere along with boxes and boxes of records, tapes, and CDs in every room too! Every room as computers and stereos. Every one of my music buddies are the same way.

I keep at least two masterings of a lot of my albums and singles because both have something special about them.

When you hunker down to just spin some tunes, where do you start?

RossHolloway Guest

Have a Blessed Day
    Welcome to SD man! Question for you, that's great news about the turntable to hard drive, now is there a way to then import those songs onto Itunes?

Quote Originally Posted by ladonna View Post
    When you hunker down to just spin some tunes, where do you start?
    I open up Foobar on the computer, type in the artist, album, or song title in the Windows 7 search field on the start menu, drag what I want to hear into Foobar, and hit play. I can do this because my computer is hooked up to the big stereo. When I save up some money, I will buy either a Squeezebox transporter or the new Denon wi-fi player. I can also wirelessly stream music to my laptop. I have some nice, small M-Audio powered monitors hooked up to it. No need to play a CD. I rip them all to hard drives. I still have two turntables if I want to spin some vinyl, but I have all of my vinyl ripped to the hard drives too. Anything I want to hear is just a couple of clicks away!

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Welcome to SD man! Question for you, that's great news about the turntable to hard drive, now is there a way to then import those songs onto Itunes?
    Just import them to iTunes. I don't use iTunes to manage music, though. Too maddening. I manage my own files.

i do that too! But, only with select people, like family, or close friend.

I have over 65,000 albums on vinyl and cd, and lots of downloads. I even still have a few pre-recorded cassettes and boxes of ones i made. I have boxes of 45s and a few 8-track tapes [[i guess we're both old!). Anyway, i spent a year ripping all of my music to hard drives in flac, and mp3 copies of those for portability. I keep six hard drive backups in case a hard drive fails, and i also keep everything on a server so i never have to play the cds or vinyl again! I just stream everything to the big stereo or laptop, which i have hooked up a pair of m-audio monitors for better sound. I can stream or download my music from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Life is good for collectors and music lovers!
    over 65,000 albums??...soulster adopt me,i don't eat much[and i drink my hooch out of the bottle so i won't need a glass]and i'll just sit beside the turntable and spin records!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    over 65,000 albums??...soulster adopt me,i don't eat much[and i drink my hooch out of the bottle so i won't need a glass]and i'll just sit beside the turntable and spin records!!
    Sorry my brother! I do not drink and do not like to be in the company of those who are intoxicated. And, no one is allowed to touch the turntable but ME! All my shit is boxed up and ripped to a server.

...Now if only there was an ipod made with more than 160G. Mine has been completely full for some time now [[over 31,000 songs) and I've been taking songs out that I really don't want to..

sorry my brother! I do not drink and do not like to be in the company of those who are intoxicated. And, no one is allowed to touch the turntable but me! All my shit is boxed up and ripped to a server.
    intoxi-what[i don't do drugs]!