[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder live at the John Sinclair Freedom Rally, December 10th 1971

Hi folks, apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place [[didn't see a dedicated youtube thread), but I thought some of you would dig this:

Just up on youtube, the complete film of the 1971 benefit concert for MC5 manager, poet and activist John Sinclair, who faced 20 years to life in prison for giving two joints to an undercover policewoman.

Stevie appears at approx. 40 minutes in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMTNNEgBUg4

Tony De Fries almost didn't manage David Bowie and 'birth' the glam/glitter scene of the early 70's...
    De Fries came thisclose to representing Stevie Wonder in the battle with Motown when Stevie came of legal age and almost left the label..
    DeFries instead wound up giving the world the biggest star of the 1970's, DAVID BOWIE..

uptight Guest
    That is pretty cool... I first heard of John Sinclair in the early 1990s when he taught a blues history class that I took in college. He never discussed his past, but another student described before the start of class one day the "Ten For Two" story. He was great as a teacher and was very nice to us students.

My weary eyes think to have seen a young Linda Lawrence as backup singer next to Stevie... she was in Wonderlove, wasn't she?

yes, that's how "Bad Weather" supposedly came about..

uptight Guest
    Yes, Robbert. Steve introduced her on stage there as Lynda Tucker. She and her sister Sundray Tucker sang background on the record "Signed, Sealed, Delivered."