[REMOVE ADS]

Big Break Records Future Motown Releases

I see that BBR is planning to release several Motown albums from the 1970s in the coming year... Lenny Williams "Rise Sleeping Beauty", The Originals "Down To Love Town" and Platinum Hook "Platinum Hook". Looking forward to these releases.

Good news indeed!

RossHolloway Guest
    Man I just wish Universal/Motown would just throw up all their back releases up on line onto I-Tunes. Or heck any on-line platform. Heck as vast as Universal is, why not just create their own platform and cut out the middle man.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Man I just wish Universal/Motown would just throw up all their back releases up on line onto I-Tunes. Or heck any on-line platform. Heck as vast as Universal is, why not just create their own platform and cut out the middle man.
    Amen! There are so many out-of-print Motown albums I'd be happy to own, even if it's only as MP3s / MP4s.

It would be nice if bbr would back off the compressor/limiter.

selinasian Guest
    Why is it that BBR/Cherry Red and ACE/Kent are issuing these great albums [[Satintones, Marv Johnson, Monitors or not so great if you include 'Dance with the Contours') and not Motown?

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by selinasian View Post
    Why is it that BBR/Cherry Red and ACE/Kent are issuing these great albums [[Satintones, Marv Johnson, Monitors or not so great if you include 'Dance with the Contours') and not Motown?
    As long as they are released, I don't think the fans care either way.

The use of the Motown logo [[Tamla, Soul, Gordy, Mowest, Rare Earth) has been rarely used over the last 10 years. Many of the releases may have been on the Universal label, but without the [[Motown - map) logo. Looking at the release, it could be on any label. It no longer matters.

So long as it is a legitimate release [[and these days, I'm not even too bothered about that) I'll be happy to consider buying it.

Music tastes change over the years, and Motown means far, far less to people than it did many years ago. Most people under the age of 30 or so, may never have heard the label "Motown" [[let alone Tamla, Soul, VIP, Mowest, Rare Earth, Gordy), and it will prove to be even harder and harder to release and make a profit from some of the releases.

If BBR or Reel Music or whoever, wants to release the records, that's fine with me. So long as the price is not extortionate [[as with the Supremes latest set, which was outrageously high in price, compared with say, the DeBarge set which is almost a quarter of the price - DeBarge is selling for £12.99!).

Former Motown president Jheryl Busby retired all those Motown subsidiary labels back in the late 80s.