[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Who was that person who said "Why can't we all get along?" Let's be nice, Folks! Remember the Golden Rule!

That was Rodney King , robb_k ------------------

Cause in any setting where there are more than 2 indivduals there will be one or some that craves attention by any means. That is that persons issue and attention is what they crave because they have esteem issues. We all have issues of esteem in one degree or another and I have no problem in letting one be as much of an ..... as they want to be but yet at the same time respecting the opinions of compititive individuals at the same time. I let any a..hole be as big as they want to be cause I respect the fact they act as an a..hole ,and that's what they want to be. But to repect an a..hole as an a..hole and not give them attention in the form of feedback , is frustrating to them ,or at least ,satisfying to me , hence , checkmate!!! But you know this ...deep down....wink wink.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  21.1 KB
    Yeah, I know all that. We do a pretty good job here, on the whole, of leaving our egos at the door and being respectful to one another [[at least in comparison to all the other forums I've been frequenting. There will always be some of that stuff. But I'm very happy with this forum. We've got a good reputation, too. I've heard others talk about this place on a Doo Wop forum and a couple of Soul Forums, saying that we've got a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people here that will answer any of their questions. That makes me feel good.

Makes me feel good also, Robb. Considering the high numbers regarding membership, I think we all do quite well trying to get along with one another. It's nice to know other music forums recognize this fact.

What does it take to be an "active member"? Do you have to post in the last 30 days or something like that? I notice that number hovers around 250 but has been up recently which is part of what provoked my posting.

Beats me, Robb.

LOL, it's some automatic thing.............the way it was programmed when the Forum was set up!

An "active" member" is simply anyone who posts. There are people who become members but never post. They either just signed up and never came back, or just lurk.

So, soulster........if you and i stop posting, when would the number of active members drop by 1.....or 2?

Soulster makes a good point. Daily I approve several people for membership, but I'm never quite sure if most of them post.

Interesting thread, the only thing I'll add is that "The Devil made me do it ".......