[REMOVE ADS]

Chicago Honors Don Cornelius and Soul Train's 40th Anniversary

This Labor Day weekend, the city of Chicago will honor Don Cornelius with a Soul Train 40th anniversary. On Labor Day,there will be a free concert,with some of Chicago's best performers. See the link below,for the entire lineup.

http://ht.ly/63FhH

Excellent Gee. You going to be there?

I will be there for the concert at Millennium Park,on Labor Day. Jerry Butler,Gene Chandler,The Emotions,Chi-Lites,The Impressions for free ? Hell yeah !!!!

You missed a great concert yesterday, for the Soul Train 40th Anniversary concert. I might post a review later,but in the meantime,someone was kind enough to share this link with me.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=...dicate&section

Wow! I'm surprised that this thread only has a few post. The 40th anniversary of Soul Train, concert and other activities should have garnered more attention. Where is everybody? Anyway, I saw the photo exhibit across from the Cultural Center but did not attend the concert. If it had started earlier in the day I would have gone. I want to see the documentary also.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee[[HPK) View Post
    You missed a great concert yesterday, for the Soul Train 40th Anniversary concert. I might post a review later,but in the meantime,someone was kind enough to share this link with me.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=...dicate&section
    I'd like to hear a review GeeTee. Do you know why Gene Chandler did not attend?

You know mr_june, I had thought about posting a review,but then again, why bother ? I looks as though every time I post a link here, I get more lurkers than an actual response.

Gene Chandler was there,but for some reason he did not perform. He did however came out on stage and participate in the encore of "People Get Ready."

I guess I can share this sample clip,so you can get a idea of how the concert went. A historical day in Chicago.

http://youtu.be/DE77LTGdTNg

[[and I wonder how many more "lurkers" will just look at the clip,without saying a word ...) smh ....

Quote Originally Posted by GeeTee[[HPK) View Post
    You know mr_june, I had thought about posting a review,but then again, why bother ? I looks as though every time I post a link here, I get more lurkers than an actual response.

Gene Chandler was there,but for some reason he did not perform. He did however came out on stage and participate in the encore of "People Get Ready."

I guess I can share this sample clip,so you can get a idea of how the concert went. A historical day in Chicago.

http://youtu.be/DE77LTGdTNg

[[and I wonder how many more "lurkers" will just look at the clip,without saying a word ...) smh ....

Wow, what a concert! Just from viewing the clips, it looks like a good time was had by all. I wish I could have been there. That orchestra was tight and all the artists were in good voice and look good too!!
    Thank you for posting the link GeeTee.

Thanks for posting the link G, it is what it is, but from what I saw of the concert it was a class act by all concerned.

Thank you Gee Tee and You Tube [[lol). I'm at work and will watch this when I get home this evening where I can listen at a higher sound level. I wonder if they had a crew taping the entire concert?

Thanks nysister and paladin . mr_june, I know there were cameras present. Will it be released to the public to see,or purchase?

Made it to the exhibit and the doc. but missed the concert. A lot of great memories are wrapped up in those shows. When DC pass 70?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chidrummer View Post
    Made it to the exhibit and the doc. but missed the concert. A lot of great memories are wrapped up in those shows. When DC pass 70?!!!
    I wished I could have been there.

I won't rub it in Chi,but you missed a excellent concert ! I would say more, but ........