[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    It is interesting to read the different takes on this song. I thought it was pure brilliance because of Mary - it made me truly appreciate her gift as a vocalist.
    I agree, and I believe it seemed to be part of the "Quiet Storm" trend in pop/soul music at the time. Lots of beautiful songs don't make big hits but that doesn't mean they're not worthy.

Ah Jimi LaLumia, you and your conspiracy theories! In my opinion, the thing that undermines most conspiracy theories to me is it's unlikely after all these years that all those involved in the alleged conspiracy could ever keep their mouths shut! Apply it to JFK, the Supremes, whoever...when have you known anyone who could stay silent after they were part of any alleged conspiracy? But okay, it's your opinion, I know.

JFK, The 70's Supremes, the real truth?
    the real truth about what went down with Florence Ballard ? no one has yet fully stepped forward with a play by play of that, because no one's hands are entirely clean, and they'd have to admit some truths about themselves that they'd rather not, as well as some wrongful acts they may have participated in or been aware of..which is why secrets often die with the people who know them, but it doesn't make the 'truth' of those secrets any less true,..
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 10-01-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    JJFK, The 70's Supremes, the real truth?
    the real truth about what went down with Florence Ballard ? no one has yet fully stepped forward with a play by play of that, because no one's hands are entirely clean, and they'd have to admit some truths about themselves that they'd rather not, as well as some wrongful acts they may have participated in or been aware of..which is why secrets often die with the people who know them, but it doesn't make the 'truth' of those secrets any less true,..
    I'll give you that when it comes to Florence, I'm sure there's more to tell. Obviously, if someone like Cindy was "waiting in the wings," things were being developed behind her back. But clearly, Florence's difficult nature had a large part in it as well. Mary, being more acquiescent and perhaps more unsure about her own abilities to be a lead singer at the time, I believe led to her ability to accept Diane being placed into the forefront while the others were pushed more to the back. But I agree, this would be a great story to see, and not the glossy "Dreamgirls" version.

atcsm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramone Verona View Post
    Donna Summers?
    Jean Terrells or Diana Ross's or Mary Wilsons?
    Great response