[REMOVE ADS]

The Marvelettes The Complete Motown Albums Vol. 2

While we are waiting for this exciting release, I decided to make a mock cover just for fun! Hope you like it. I think having a shiny pink cover would look nice [[just like the first volume, which had a shiny gold digi-pack). I called it "Forever", just like Volume 1, because I had a difficult time thinking of an appropriate title. I did think of "After All", but it doesn't sound as good as "Forever". I bet the team at Hip-O will come up with something cool.

RossHolloway Guest
    Beautiful artwork. How about the title "Young and In Love"

Awesome cover! I was sure it was the real thing and disappointed to learn it was but a mock-up! I do think "After All" would be a good title, maybe shown as "After...All." "Sophisticated Soul" would also be a great title, but maybe not usable as it was the title of one of their well known albums.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate that.

Those are great suggestions! I had also thought of "Sophisticated Soul", but I chose not to use it for the same reason you mentioned, Ken. I like "After All". "Young and In Love" sounds nice too.

Beautiful picture. Kat look like Brenda Holloway in that photo imo

Another great job, Carlo! Mock covers have been one of the most appreciated threads over time on SDF. It's a shame that folks are hesitant to post them any more. It's just a fun thing to do!!!! Congrats!!!!

Very nice Carlo

Beautiful!;-Young and In Love would be perfect title. I always felt Kat was one of the most beautiful women at Motown.

Thanks guys!!

A little scoop: the title is "FOREVER MORE."

Excellent title Mr Weinger..

Quote Originally Posted by hwume View Post
    A little scoop: the title is "FOREVER MORE."
    If you are connected to those putting this highly anticipated set together, please be sure they include both versions of "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game," the Mono LP mix with the extra verse as well as the single mix which is the more familiar version. Also, in all the remasterings of that song, it has a "hurried up" ending where you don't really get the impact of the final beat. It hasn't quite been turned into a fade, but nearly. It always drove me crazy because I loved the way the song ended; it had kind of a sinister quality which was lost in all the reissues from the original vinyl "Anthology" and ever since.

Since these sets are intended for us diehard fans, hopefully you don't mind my request. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    If you are connected to those putting this highly anticipated set together, please be sure they include both versions of "The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game," the Mono LP mix with the extra verse as well as the single mix. . . .
    My wish is for a stereo version of the song that includes both the extra verse and the long ending. I've mixed this for myself, but would prefer a professional job.

To our friend HW, please don't stoke the fires. The after frenzy is similar to feeding the animals at the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by nabob View Post
    My wish is for a stereo version of the song that includes both the extra verse and the long ending. I've mixed this for myself, but would prefer a professional job.

To our friend HW, please don't stoke the fires. The after frenzy is similar to feeding the animals at the zoo.
    How right you are...!

The intro to "Message To Michael", in glorious remastered digital, would make this collection buying if nothing else.

HW, thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by the sound of young america View Post
    The intro to "Message To Michael", in glorious remastered digital, would make this collection buying if nothing else.

HW, thanks for the update.
    Did you know it's on the "Motown Salutes Bacharach" CD? Just so you know that it is available, at least, on a CD.

I guess it was also on a 2-fer [["Pink Album/Sophisticated Soul"). Not sure how great those were mastered, though. They were in the early days of CDs.