[REMOVE ADS]

Harvey fuqua - anna - tri phi etc

Here's a very good website tribute to Harvey Fuqua for those who may not have seen it...

some superb new pictures of Harvey with Temptations etc

http://www.classicurbanharmony.net/m...ua_tribute.htm

note the piece on Ann Bogan which ties into the other post currently running on Love Peace and Happiness....Another of Harvey Fuqua's discoveries was Ann Bogan. Ann sang lead for the Challangers, who Harvey signed to his Tri-Phi label. The next to the last record on the Harvey label was a duet between Harvey Fuqua and Ann Bogan, credited to "Harvey & Ann". Ann would move on to Motown where she sang lead for the Andantes on "Like a Nightmare" [[V.I.P. label). She joined the Mravelettes in 1967, replacing Gladys Horton, and when the Marvelettes disbanded in the early 1970's she became the lead of Love, Peace & Happiness on RCA [[another Harvey Fuqua produced group). Love Peace & Happiness would become part of New Birth [[RCA), yet another Harvey Fuqua produced group
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 08-15-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Thank you for highlighting this.

The 10 Commandments of Love video at the end of the piece is just exquisite. Harvey could still do it!

It is a tragedy to me that that the Anna and TriPhi/Harvey/HPC/Message master tapes have apparently disappeared into obscurity. From everything I have seen they are not in the Motown vaults complete.

I begin to despair of their being found and given a proper retrospective in my lifetime.

Harvey was one of the main players in creating That Motown Sound and has never quite received his props in that regard. The tribute to him makes no major mention of that other Motown lynchpin who was mentor'd by HF throughout his younger days - Johnny Bristol. These two guys produced some absolute magic between them.

That was great. Thanks Mike.

I saw one of Weldon's [[RIP) photos, the one with Jerry Blaveat. I also remember that performance in the very last clip. Harvey still had it!

It is a first class web site run by extraordinary historians, rich in photos and videos.....here's another photo of Weldon with Ceaser of the Tymes, also Norman Burnett of The Tymes and Dee Dee Sharp...it was Norman's annual BBQ!
    http://www.classicurbanharmony.net/T...2009%20BBQ.htm

Mike those were great pictures too. This does look like a great site. Thanks for finding it and sharing.

Marv