[REMOVE ADS]

Any chance of a 70s Supremes Lost & Found

Now that Let Yourself Go: The Final Sessions has been released, I was wondering what 70s Supremes songs are left in the vault? Is there enought for a potential Lost & Found?

Tracks I think exist are:

Remote Control
    Mind, Body & Soul
    You Only Miss Me When You See Me
    You've Got To Pay The Price
    Can't You Hear Me Knocking
    That How Much You Made Me Love You
    Travelling Light
    Soft Days
    Loneliness Is A Lonely feeling
    Early Mornig Love [[early version)

Any live songs out there that you would include that Motown/Universal own the rights to??

C'mon, supremesouluk2, you shouldn't be that greedy. HW and his clan gave us TWO 70's Supremes boxes, the latter being released only months ago. Time and money are huge factors here and in times like these there's not enough of both, at least not for projects we're talking 'bout here. If HW could only fill 1 CD with outtakes, it isn't worth the expensive trouble to even begin to think about research, remixing, re-editing, whatever.
    Be content, it will bring peace of mind.

Ramone Verona Guest
    Apparently robbert did not listen to the many interviews of George and Andy from MJ's radio shows!
    George stated there were many unreleased tracks on the 70's girls and they would love to do an "unreleased" on this time frame!
    And that it was on their list of future projects as long as the present sales continue. George spoke about many of the above tracks listed; and how RIGHT ON had many outtakes!

I wanna be first in line to buy this one! No one on the planet sang like Jean Terrell in her Supreme prime! I can still feel the goose bumps I experienced every time I heard that voice live in concert. Like a train running right through my body straight to my heart! "People," "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother," "The Look of Love," "You've Got a Friend," some of her solos. People would literally stand up and scream as she sang. The audience would break into applause over and over again during the song. If you heard her live back then, you know what I mean. I have never heard the power and emotion that she projected live fully captured on record. Maybe if you were to solo out her voice on something like "This is the Story." But still...
    Last edited by jeff9nyc; 08-10-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supremesouluk2 View Post
    Now that Let Yourself Go: The Final Sessions has been released, I was wondering what 70s Supremes songs are left in the vault? Is there enought for a potential Lost & Found?

Tracks I think exist are:

Remote Control
    Mind, Body & Soul
    You Only Miss Me When You See Me
    You've Got To Pay The Price
    Can't You Hear Me Knocking
    That How Much You Made Me Love You
    Travelling Light
    Soft Days
    Loneliness Is A Lonely feeling
    Early Mornig Love [[early version)

Any live songs out there that you would include that Motown/Universal own the rights to??
    You could add "Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time" to the list of recordings that have never been released and perhaps somehow got "Lost"?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    I wanna be first in line to buy this one! No one on the planet sang like Jean Terrell in her Supreme prime! I can still feel the goose bumps I experienced every time I heard that voice live in concert. Like a train running right through my body straight to my heart! "People," "He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother," "The Look of Love," "You've Got a Friend," some of her solos. People would literally stand up and scream as she sang. The audience would break into applause over and over again during the song. If you heard her live back then, you know what I mean. I have never heard the power and emotion that she projected live fully captured on record. Maybe if you were to solo out her voice on something like "This is the Story." But still...

Jean sang so good, she could make ya cry.......LOL!

RossHolloway Guest
    You've Got To Pay The Price has been released already. Shouldn't a true Supremes fan know this?

--how long has that evening train been gone [[jean lead)
    --if you let me [[mary lead)

"Send Him To Me" [[Mary lead)

As I understand, the SDF is a discussion platform for different folks to share and gain information, i.e. a 'forum." I believe that all questions are welcome regardless of the depth of a fan's knowledge and background. To me, the "beauty" of such a forum is the opportunity to help fellow fans gain information that strengthens his/her interest.

Thanks to all who post.

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    You've Got To Pay The Price has been released already. Shouldn't a true Supremes fan know this?

Ooops, a simple oversight. But would also fit onto the disc as it didn't appear on either 70s Anthology or This Is The Story boxset, along with 'All I Need'

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    What's with the attitude?

RossHolloway Guest
    ^^ Lighten up. It was a joke.

Ramone Verona Guest
    If Stevie relaxes, perhaps there might be a few more in addition to Soft Days.

Don't forget 'Steppin' On A Dream' - one of my favourites!

longtimefan
    Thanks..my sentiments entirely. I, for one, have learnt so much from my learned friends on this forum. Paulo xxx

And how about "Body and Soul?" I give my love to you with all my body and soul. I give my life to you with a love that will never grow old...

I have a question for you Supreme's experts [[it kind of fits this thread): I recently downloaded an unreleased [[at the time it was recorded) track called "Bend a Little." I know it's Scherrie Payne on lead, but is that Mary doubling up on some of the lead lines? Or is it just Scherrie doing an over-dub?

Mary shares part of the lead [[in harmony) on that. Did you know that 'I Can Never Recover' from the Final Sessions set was Scherrie on her own? She did all the background parts as well as the lead. Wilson went in a 'dropped in' a short vocal which appears on the CD but the version Scherrie and I first heard [[some time before the set was released) was without the Wilson drop in - I much prefer that version too. When I first heard the track I called Scherrie and said 'I can't hear 'Mary or Cindy on this..' She laughed then told me it was all her. Scherrie's an amazing lady! She's coming over to the UK with Joyce and her sister Pam to do the Cliff Richard 'Soulicious' tour. The three of them did all the backing vocals for the CD [[which sounds GREAT!) so they'll be on stage for the tour which begins early October. Other names on the tour - duet-ting with Cliff and doing their own stuff are Freda, Dennis's Tempts, Candi Staton, Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Valerie Simpson, Russell Thompkins' Stylistics, Billy Paul, Brenda Holloway and others - so its set to be one helluva show! BTW, this doesn't mean there's any more changes to FLOS - Scherrie, Lynda & Joyce are be back together for dates in Hamburg, Germany in early November. I'm flying over to be with them and get some more video footage. I'll post more when I know anything else is a certain. Don't like to speculate. Regards, Steve.
    Last edited by ivyfield; 08-16-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: grammar!

Thanks, Ivy! Scherrie is definitely a gifted singer.

Let us know how that show goes!

Quote Originally Posted by chestersong View Post
    --how long has that evening train been gone [[jean lead)
    --if you let me [[mary lead)
    Weren't "If You Let Me" and "Send Him To Me" recorded during late Diana period?

Hmm... this intrigues me. I assumed all 70's recordings were released on The Jean Terrell Years and Let Yourself Go. I would gladly buy a lost-and-found CD.

I would love to know more about "If You Let Me" and "Send Him To Me," i.e., dates recorded, writers/producers, etc. Some expert fan surely knows! :-)

Someone will correct me I'm sure, but I am almost certain that these two songs were recorded in late 1969 and are outtakes from "Right On"; produced by Deke Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You could add "Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time" to the list of recordings that have never been released and perhaps somehow got "Lost"?
    First time I've heard of this recording. Does anyone have a bootleg of it? I have all the others. Happy to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by markdtiller View Post
    First time I've heard of this recording. Does anyone have a bootleg of it? I have all the others. Happy to pay.
    Anyone willing to share this????