[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    honest man Guest

let the heartaches begin the 4 tops etc

hello listened to long john baldry sing this wonderful song,and it got me thinking what a tailor made song for the 4 tops/adantes,it would have been something, love the 4 tops covers place in the sun, daydream believer, elusive butterfly etc,and i think what a missed oppurtunity for motown to have included on a late 60s album,anyway i thought i would ask if anyone else could think of songs that motown acts should have covered,something to think about, can't wait for COM4 tammi and now blinky, what a dream, cheers

I listened to Sounds of the 60's too. HAHA

The Velvelettes ought to have recorded "Don't Mess With Bill". Cal did it at the Motorcity Reunion and I thought the tones in her voice were ideal for that song, giving it a slightly different edge to Wanda's wonderful vocal. It was only a fun recording but it was magical performance from me.

I can hear in my mind the Velvelettes singing Clodagh Rogers "Come Back and Shake Me"'. Also the 4 Tops would have done great versions of "Don't Leave Me This Way" and Oasis' "Wonderwall".

honest man Guest
    ha john you are right brian mathews every saturday morning whenever i can

Martha & The Vandellas : Betty Everett's "Getting Mighty Crowded"

Wanda/Marvelettes : Peggy Lee's "Fever"