[REMOVE ADS]

Brave Hackney woman tells looters to get real‏

Shops in Hackney are closed at the moment.
    Police are advising people to be home by 4 o'clock tonight.
    I'm visiting my cousin who lives there tomorrow.

All you guys in the UK, be safe.
    Last edited by ms_m; 08-09-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks Ms M

We've had riots before and we've come through them. The recession, and government cuts in policing don't help. Tonight's soccer matches have been canceled. It doesn't bode well for the Olympics next year.

I wonder how this is being reported in the Libyan and Syrian newspapers. They'll probably call it a revolution, but it's mainly yobs and opportunists.

but it's mainly yobs and opportunists.
    That's pretty much how it's being reported on AL Jazeera English 144man.

That's good to hear. Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical.

It's not good and for those who know Islington and Old Street....

Islington has had a few of the small family run shops targeted. Mindless individuals have broken shop windows and entrances. Staff are cleaning it up and trying to carry on their livelihoods at the same time - whilst keeping watch for more trouble. Life is already hard without making it harder

Last night, the police advised Tesco Metro at Islington Green to close AND block their windows and entrance with those tall metal trolleys used for transporting their produce. In front of those, they put a second layer - this time those shopping trolleys. Sadly those family businesses don't have all that extra kind of protection.

The noise from helicopters and police sirens goes on throughout the night.

I am sure this looks very bad overseas and I feel ashamed for the UK.

the "poor dissaffected british yoof" all races i must add.living in poverty.no job prospects.police state.stop seaches.
    its all bollocks.if they're poor its because the money they get in benefits are being used on drink or/and drugs/50" tv's...anything but the right things.
    as for job prospects,they aint looking or want a job,they get what they want for minimum effort.
    just one massive excuse for anarchy,free electrical goods,drink or anything else they can lift.
    the police in britain are too soft,due to pinko-left wing do gooders that have got the legeslation thru' to reduce the real usefulness of riot control.the rules in the police are so draconian eg.2 policeman have a private conversation and one says something about another race/nationality/religion.the other person thats part of that convo is DUTY BOUND to report it.any one over hearing it must also must report it.
    i would say over 99% support the uk police.they are the finest in the world as a force.AND THEY ARE UNARMED by default.
    where are the "parents"? probably parent the impregator legged it years ago.
    just incase you're wondering if i'm pissed off with all this..........i am!
    i too am ashamed to be british,this not who we are,but looks like its becoming our new identity.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  21.1 KB
    We saw that same thing happen in Canada in Toronto and Vancouver and way too many times in USA cities. mostly, it seems, it is a subterfuge to loot [[steal things from shops).

Things are getting back to normal in Hackney now. Shops have reopened and a massive cleanup is under way. Many broken windows have been boarded up.

Last night's riots were all outside London owing to a massive police presence in the capital.

Many people have been identified on video and arrested, and further arrests are expected. Emergency courts are now in session.

The Sikh journalists from a low-budget TV station in Birmingham are becoming internet heroes. In pursuing their footage they seem to have far more courage than the BBC or CNN. Here they are giving a cop a lift in order to apprehend a looter ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Z_mjECJ2IK8

Sangat TV is channel number 847 on Sky

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    the police in britain are too soft,due to pinko-left wing do gooders that have got the legeslation thru' to reduce the real usefulness of riot control.
    So, uh...how many people get killed or maimed by those "pinko-controlled" police? Because that's exactly what happens when you give the cops deadly force. Do you really want that? We got that here in the states.

soulster
    we need and want a police force that acts correctly and effectively.things will change in this direction soon because it has too.we dont want an american police force.we invented the police,rather sir robert peel did,we know that the politicians view has to change and get back to where we were before the limp/leftwing crap we have at the moment.if the pond life get the message quick and hard they'll think twice before acting like this again.

and deadly force isnt the option but effective policing and deterents are.
    Last edited by tamla617; 08-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.

I'd rather see three dead thugs than the three dead innocents who were trying to protect their neighborhood that the thugs ran over and killed. Nothing is going to stop those fools except the threat of getting their heads cracked open. Sad but true.

stubass1
    my wife asked me what i would do if i was in the car and a bunch of people tried to get in the car or attack it.

i said i'd probably drive through them and face the consequences later rather than me or the passengers getting beaten to death.its a hard thing to imagine 'till you're in the middle of that situation.
    that isnt anything to do with that incident in birmingham.i dont know if the driver did it on purpose or thought he was being attacked or going to be attacked.and panicked.

i'd like to know how is it legal for seikhs to be armed with swords guard a temple in england?.if if anyone else had done that they'd have been locked up before the rioters were.

another thing that needs sorting out is switching off facebook,twitter and blackberry messaging and possibly broadband in the riot areas. the "secretive" blackberry messaging must be made so it can be monitored by the security services
    Last edited by tamla617; 08-11-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Is it possible to police those social network mediums. Presumably it would take a lot of manpower?

From the reports I've read Tamla, from the most credible sources I could find [[BBC & The Mirror), it appears that a group of residents leaving a Mosque gathered outside a gas station which had already been attacked twice by thugs, in an effort to protect their community [[The police weren't doing it), and several cars of these punks drove past the group shouting epiteths [[ethnic and religious in nature), when the last car turned around and ran full throttle diredtly into the crowd, who were standing off the roadway, killing the three men. These residents were by all accounts trying to protect the businesses in which many people had their life savings and aspirations tied into. The thugs weren't attacking BP or Herrods...but small streetside businesses in most cases where they could steal whatever they wanted.

I don't know about you, but I'm fed up with people who contribute nothing to society wanting everything because they had f**ked up parents or something. Blame society and the economy all you want, but statistics clearly show that crime actually declined during our great depression in the 1930's. The difference between 1930 and today is the idea by some that people who EARN money aren't entitled to it, but people who WANT money are!!!...I'm sure that not all the hardworking residents whose communities were attacked own cars...but apparently...the "victimized" thugs do!!!...

stubass1
    i'm with you!
    if you're in uk try and get hold of todays daily mail.littlejohn.moir and samuels columns are brilliant.pull no punches.
    and rip into the pikey class of marauding parasites.
    littlejohn below

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...nd-flames.html

samuel below
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...osed-last.html

i buy the mail just to read them!which is a bit silly,i can read it here for nuffin'
    Last edited by tamla617; 08-12-2011 at 12:24 PM.

I put the rioters in the same bag as those leaving the country to become tax-exiles; fat-cat bankers getting rewarded for failure through excessive bonuses, pensions and termination payments; members of parliament fiddling their expenses; civil servants misusing taxpayer-funded credit cards; footballers and film-stars philandering, then trying to hide their moral turpitude through super-injunctions;and journalists hacking private telephone conversations. This moral vacuum runs right through society, and what the perpetrators have in common is simply that they all think they can get away with it.

144man
    got it all in one!

if you get the chance read those daily mail links above your last post,great writing and humour

Wake Up Everybody

Hey All,

Research is a powerful tool – and especially these days. I guess I won’t post title song of Teddy and them singing. Surely, the astute amongst us know that one won’t be able to “won’t you let me ride”, on the Mothership Connection if one is still asleep.

“It was rather different from the one we had been expecting.” He added of the defendants at Highbury Magistrates Court in north London: “Most were teenagers or in their early twenties, but a surprising number were older. “Most interestingly of all, they were predominantly white, and many had jobs.”

http://stevebeckow.com/2011/08/shock-over-respectable-lives-behind-masks-of-uk-rioters/

http://stevebeckow.com/2011/08/nancy-b-detweiler-history-of-nesara/

Ralph, please delete links as you and/or whomever deem fit. I understand completely. I still care.