[REMOVE ADS]

Actress Journee Smollwtt Will Protray Florence Ballard

Actress Jurnee Smollett will be starring in the Florence Ballard biopic. The movie about the castoff member of The Supremes is being made into a movie. Ballard’s daughter Michelle Ballard Chapman is the co-producer of the movie. Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story". The flick will also star Solange Knowles as Diana Ross.....Get ready!!

smark21 Guest
    There was an annoucement last winter that Faith Evans was going to play Flo. A facebook page was set up and the producers sent off messages giving praise to Jesus. Then Faith was dropped, a couple of Flo's daughters were outraged they weren't informed. This production is a joke and is not going to get off the ground.

Is there ANY interest left in this movie? I thought it was supposed to be released in the summer of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Is there ANY interest left in this movie? I thought it was supposed to be released in the summer of 2011.
    LOL. I highly doubt a single frame of this film will ever get shot.

Larry Marshak is producing and directing it. It's gonna be huge.

All I wanna say is this,if this film is made I hope that it's made with class and with all the facts that can be obtained from reliable sources and not another bash em movie because that serves no one and would degrade the memory of Flo,so to whoever is putting this biopic together please do this tastefully we don't need a-bash em Berry-bash em Diana story,or as Joe Friday used to say...JUST THE FACTS.

Folks...There is controversy here. Nicci Gilbert made some comments concerning the movie.

Detroit native Nicci Gilbert had some interesting tweets last week about the upcoming Florence Ballard biopic that Faith Evans had signed onto.

Gilbert, a member of the 1990s R&B trio Brownstone and stage play actress and producer, was cast in the film but tweeted that she, Evans and directors Martha Coolidge and Bille Woodruff were no longer attached to the project. [[Six degrees of separation alert: Gilbert produced a play, "Soul Kittens Cabaret," starring Evans, "American Idol" winner Fantasia and fellow Detroiter Tondy Gallant.)
    "Faith Evans, Billie Woodruff, Martha Coolidge and I walked away from the Florence Ballard 'Blondie' film. None of us were fired...I debated posting about this Florence 'Blondie' Ballard Film mess because I didnt want to highlight ignorance but be warned. No disrepect to Florence Ballards legacy or her family, who were unaware the "producers" of the project are #FRAUDS," she wrote.
    Now, according to IMDB, actress Jurnee Smollett [["Eve's Bayou," "The Great Debaters,") is rumored to be stepping into the role of the ousted Supreme with "Real Housewife of Atlanta"/Xscape singer Kandi Burruss [[who visited Detroit recently) playing her older sister, Maxine. Adrien Brody -- no stranger to biopics about soul music -- is rumored to be playing Peter Benjaminson, the author behind the film's source material

CONTROVERSY! Hope it all pans out
    Last edited by loveblind; 08-04-2011 at 02:58 PM.

I've always loved that photo of Flo underneath the slide! It's so sexy!