[REMOVE ADS]

Latin Jazz Artists sue The Grammy's

...for dropping the Latin Jazz category from the show. The plaintiffs are no slouches either. Check this out:

http://jazztimes.com/sections/news/a...er-grammy-snub

You Go Guys!!!

Chi this is very interesting and there may be more to this than meets the eye.

I was curious to see who was behind the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences [[Grammy's) and according to Wikipedia:
    The origin of the Academy dates back to the beginning of the 1950s Hollywood Walk of Fame project. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce asked the help of major recording industry executives in compiling a list of people in the music business who should be honored by Walk of Fame stars.[1][2] The music committee, made up of these executives, compiled a list, but as they worked, they realized there were many more talented industry people who would not qualify to be recognized with a Hollywood Boulevard bronze star. This was the start of the Academy and also of the Grammy Awards.
    Now I do NOT know anything about the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce but according to their website they are very politically involved and I DO KNOW the US Chamber of Commerce is extremely conservative. As a matter of fact they are behind Grover Norquist and his organization.

I'm simply thinking out loud because I don't know if there is a connection or not but when you look at the categories that have been eliminated, it does make you wonder.

My gut say's this is going to be a tough fight. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.