[REMOVE ADS]

Anyone Seen Hey It's Love [[Carl Holmes & The Commanders) On A CD?

I had that song on a 45 RPM once. The flip side was I've Got No Time. There is nothing on You Tube and a internet search turns up nothing either. Do I have the right artist for that song? Some of the lyrics from Hey It's Love are:

I wonder about the world today
    Things must be changed, some people say

I dream of a time
    Oh when all mankind will be, helping one another
    Everyone will be everyone's brother
    And I hope that when I fall in love
    [[bg) I'll be able to give her all of my love

Any help with this is appreciated.

Hey Mr.June,

The Commands - Hey It's Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RujKIZM2JiE

Dynamic, Backbeat 1966

You can find the song on the CD comp, HOOD DREAMS Vol 2

From San Antonio, TX: Sam Peoples, Jack Martinez, Dan Henderson, Emanuel Gracey
    Last edited by sunshineonacloudyday; 08-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks Sunshine. I knew someone here had that info.

You're welcome mr June. I like this song, others from this group.

mr june

The song can also be found on the "Northern Soul of Texas" CD.

http://www.rise-music.co.uk/browse/i...-Texas-CD.html

mr soul, thanks for the url...I've just secured the last copy for £5.00.....NOT BAD!

Never heard of this group. Thanks for the song.

Great double-sided record..."No Time For You" might be better known to most folks via the O'Jays version.

The Commands had several records on the Dynamic label. This was the only one to get picked up by a larger label.

Best,

Mark

I wish someone who knew them or knows of them well would put something on Wikipedia cause there is only scant information on them.

The Commands were serving Air Force personnel stationed at Randolph A.F.B. close to San Antonio, TX. The group comprised Sam Peoples, Dan Henderson, Jack Martinez and Emanuel Grace[[y), with both Sam and Dan taking turns at lead vocals. Their first 45, the 1966 "No Time For You" / "Hey! It's Love", was released on the local Dynamic label [[Dynamic 104) owned by Abe Epstein. By all accounts it created a lot of noise on its release, so such so that it was picked up by Don Robey in Houston for national release on his Back Beat label [[Back Beat 570) and was even covered by the O'Jays [[Imperial 66177).

The Commands [[members Sam Peoples, Jack Martinez, Dan Henderson and Emanuel Gracey? )

Dynamic 104 - No Time For You* / Hey It's Love - 1966 [[with The Dell Tones) [[some copies issued with picture sleeve - some promo copies issued in red vinyl) *covered in 1966 by The O'Jays on Imperial 66177.
    Back Beat 559 - Stand In For Love / ? - 1966
    Back Beat 570 - No Time For You / Hey, It's Love - 1966
    Dynamic 111 - Don't Be Afraid To Love Me / Around The Go-Go -1966 [[Some Copies Issued With Picture Sleeve, Promos come in yellow vinyl.)
    Dynamic 114 - Chain Gang / Must Be Alright – 1966
    Dynamic 123 - Too Late To Cry / A Way To Love Me - 1967
    Dynamic 123 - I've Got Love For My Baby - 1967 [[one-sided promo issue)
    Dynamic 123 - Too Late To Cry / I've Got Love For My Baby - 1967
    Wax Museum 4613 - No Time For You / Hey, It's Love - 198?

Updates by Mo Chapman, Frank Fazio and Bosko Asanovic

"Hey! It's Love" is a fantastic mid-tempo mover with an almost effortless, smoother-than-smooth lead, this time handled by Henderson. Like the top side, "No Time For You", the backing is again sparse but this merely allows the tight vocal harmonies to shine. The side was composed by lead vocalist Dan Henderson with Dynamic label owner Abe Epstein responsible for production. The quartet was supported by the Dell Tones.

After their initial success, a further four 45s were released on Dynamics, as well as a solo effort by Henderson, during 1966-67. The group, however, were forced to disband in 1967 when Sam Peoples was posted to Thailand.

Check out Eddie's Record Shack channel for more Rhythm & Soul sounds. Peace, Love & Understanding.

Mikew-uk...£5 was a good price..."No Time For Love" is on Allnighter Volume 5.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allnighter-V.../dp/B0006M4S8M

as I said mr soul, thanks for the url...I secured the last copy for £5.00.....brilliant

Many thanks to you!