[REMOVE ADS]

Tops and Tempts - A short Review

For most of you old heads you know how I feel about the Tops; originals and the new kids...nothing has changed.

Great show last night although it was miserably hot and it was an outdoor event. The crowd was really into the guys from beginning to end and Roq even got a standing ovation for his rendition of, "Dance with My Father."

Tree isn't back yet but he is on the mend and hopefully will return soon but under the leadership of our own Drew Schultz the band was smoking!!!! This kids talents impresses me every time I see him.

Great job Drew and it was really good to see you again. Sorry for the heat.....LOL

Only caught a small portion of the Tempts but they started with "Hello Young Lovers from the Mellow Mood LP." Hadn't heard that from them in awhile and they sounded really good.

All and all I had a wonderful outing but then again, I've never had a bad outing at a TnT show...all a hundred, million zillion of 'em....LOL

btw....look for something from Fred Bridges and the Brothers of Soul soon and they will be performing in the UK in Oct.

Great review, thanks. I've enjoyed these shows, too. Nice to see Otis mixing it up in opening with "Hello Young Lovers" -- good choice.

Found this clip from a 2006 Tops concert, finally one that isn't shot by a cell phone and is of high quality. I miss Theo Peoples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Dryd4toPw&NR=1

I miss Theo Peoples
    me too!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw the Temps back in April,and they opened with "hello young lovers" as well...after hearing them sing this song ,I came away convinced that no one sings 5 part harmonies like the Temps!!!Ever....

Good review.....Tempts and Tops always a good show.........nice way to spend a summer evening, they both work very hard.

I agree Big Al...and it had been awhile since I had heard them do "lovers"

Kdub, I had to laugh @summer evening

just the sound of that brings up this image of a balmy nice evening of crickets and fireflies with a slight breeze rustling in the trees....screeeeeech....hold that thought

....IT WAS HOT AS HADES!!!!!!! Heat index for the day was 105....humidity 97%...and this was around 7pm....LOL

it was worth it but lawd love a duck....LOL
    Last edited by ms_m; 08-02-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Just about the same as when I saw them at Ravinia........they was sweating their azzes off and so where we.......

Thanks for the kind words Ms. M, as always it was a pleasure hanging with you! You're right, it sure was hot that night, I regretted only having one black dress shirt on that trip... Hope to see you down the road soon!

Hope to see you down the road soon!
    count on it my friend!