[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chestersong View Post
    people sure need to check their facts before they flap their jack. and how is it that some people think they know what's in Scherrie's bank account?
    Since you asked, the reason I said that is because Carl Feurbacher gave Scherrie money to pay her rent on more than one occasion.

that would be their business and is in no way any indication of financial status or ability.
    how low can someone be to post such a personal matter and use it as derogative gossip?

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Since you asked, the reason I said that is because Carl Feurbacher gave Scherrie money to pay her rent on more than one occasion.
    Jill are you sure it was rent because Scherrie has owned her condo for quite some time [[since 1980's).

Quote Originally Posted by chestersong View Post
    that would be their business and is in no way any indication of financial status or ability.
    how low can someone be to post such a personal matter and use it as derogative gossip?
    Your'e the one who wanted to know. Be careful what you ask for. And you consider getting money from a friend when you need it derogatory? I don't. And for the record, the BIGGEST reason that Lynda receieves alot of vitriol from fans, is because she was directly responsible for Jean leaving the FLOS. This is JEAN TERRELL we are talking about here, in the history of the group, Lynda is a small blip on the radar compared to Jean. And the fans want JEAN to sing those songs.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 08-12-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    Jill are you sure it was rent because Scherrie has owned her condo for quite some time [[since 1980's).
    I'm sorry... I realize it was a condo payment. As a homeowner, I tend to lump condos and apartments together, when I know I shouldn't.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 08-12-2011 at 09:21 PM.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah, Lynda is the only one of the 9 Supremes that never sang even a partial lead on any of the songs. I am referring to studio recordings, not that one off shot she did in Hawaii when Jean was sick.

Sha La La Bandit is not a very strong song which is why it was not released back in the 70's when they recorded it.
    In the JML live show, didn't Lynda sing lead on You're Nobody Until Somebody Loves You?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    In the JML live show, didn't Lynda sing lead on You're Nobody Until Somebody Loves You?
    I'm not sure... but I do know Marv was referring to the studio recordings only. Which is what the general public consider a groups' "body of work".

ladonna Guest
    Your'e the one who wanted to know. Be careful what you ask for. And you consider getting money from a friend when you need it derogatory? I don't. And for the record, the BIGGEST reason that Lynda receieves alot of vitriol from fans, is because she was directly responsible for Jean leaving the FLOS. This is JEAN TERRELL we are talking about here, in the history of the group, Lynda is a small blip on the radar compared to Jean. And the fans want JEAN to sing those songs.

While getting money from a friend is nothing to be ashamed about; revealing someone's personal affairs in a public forum could be seen as bad form by many.

As I posted in my POST, I am referring to studio recordings. Thank you.

I'm not sure... but I do know Marv was referring to the studio recordings only. Which is what the general public consider a groups' "body of work".
    Exactly! I knew someone was going to pull "an example" out of somewhere of Lynda singing lead on a Supremes recording which is why I made the simple distinction of a studio recording. Not some fan made bootleg of her singing "Stoned Love" at a concert in Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by ladonna View Post
    While getting money from a friend is nothing to be ashamed about; revealing someone's personal affairs in a public forum could be seen as bad form by many.
    A picture of Mary Wilson's house was posted and you didn't go crazy then, why now?

Carl Feuerbacher is a good and loyal friend to those ladies.
    Last edited by marv2; 08-13-2011 at 12:36 AM.

A picture of Mary Wilson's house was posted and you didn't go crazy then, why now?
    And I thought Mary's house being posted wasn't no big deal. There are all kinds of websites dedicated to celebrities' homes. I can't think of how many times I've seen pictures of Candy Spellings' ugly ass mausoleum.

And I thought Mary's house being posted wasn't no big deal. There are all kinds of websites dedicated to celebrities' homes. I can't think of how many times I've seen pictures of Candy Spellings' ugly ass mausoleum.
    I didn't either. That big ass house LOL!!!!

ladonna Guest

Wow! Where did that come from? I went crazy? How so?

Wow! Where did that come from? I went crazy? How so?
    Your pious attitude is where it came from.

ladonna Guest

The difference here is that the Spellings had promoted their home in a public manner; to my knowledge, Mary has never done this. While I would have no objection to a photo of someone's home being posted, I would object to someone's private address being posted.

ladonna Guest
    Your pious attitude is where it came from.

What is your problem, dude? Why are you attacking me?

The difference here is that the Spellings had promoted their home in a public manner; to my knowledge, Mary has never done this. While I would have no objection to a photo of someone's home being posted, I would object to someone's private address being posted.
    Oh so now you are changing your "indignation" to posting someone's private address! See this is what I am talking about. You strive to pick fights for no good reason. Don't you think we see this?

What is your problem, dude? Why are you attacking me?
    Look man, no one is attacking you, so you can stop pretending now. Your goal is to come on this forum to disturb and attempt to destroy it. It is not going to work dude!

ladonna Guest
    Put the crack pipe down, my brutha!

Put the crack pipe down, my brutha!
    It ain't gonna work dude, you can't insult me. Hell, I am a New Yorker! LOL!!!

That is bad to post something sooo personal,no matter who it,is,ENTERTAINER,or a FRIEND,NEVER,NEVER NEVER.
    Please stay positive

I didn't either. That big ass house LOL!!!!
    I've not seen pictures of the inside, but I DID like the solarium it seemed to have. However, like most high end housing developments these days, I felt the house was FAR too large for the size of the lot. Just greedy developers trying to get more money instead of making a more pleasant development. And I would have never gotten a house that backed up to a golf course. i'd be afraid i'd get a concussion from those flying balls. And who want to go out into their backyard or try to enjoy their pool and have a bunch of wrinkled, badly dressed old white men walking by with metal sticks in their hands. Hell to the NAW.

For the record....Jean Terrell left the FLOS for her own personal reasons in 1992. Lynda Laurence did not put her out.

Concerning the payment of someone's rent, this is a very ill-advised thing to post and Carl should be contacted.

If anyone feels they are being personally attacked, the moderator of this forum is the one to go to.

The bickering here is getting obnoxious.

I used to talk a lot with Carl F back in the early 2000's and while I don't know if he loaned anybody any money--I know for a fact he wouldn't want it posted on a public forum if he had. Show business is hard and Rick is absolutely right that it is getting harder and harder given the state of the economy. Even though I am 48 YO, I do video games for a living so I have a lot of friends who are in their 20's and early 30's, and I can tell you it is a fact that 95% of them can't even fathom the concept of actually purchasing music. It is so easy to simply steal it online, although they don't see it as stealing. The theft of intellectual property has reached levels undreamed of just 15 years ago--it has completely destabilized the recording industry and print media. I recall back in 1996 telling a bunch of Microsoft people that the internet would have an enormous destabilizing influence in many areas of American life and they laughed at me. Now that hackers have figured out how to pirate video games, nobody is laughing.

I just read Sammy Hagar's memoirs, and he said, quite correctly, that there is no more record industry--the only people who are selling any records these days are teeny bopper groups--mostly because young girls want the packaging for their collection. Bands are making the vast majority of their money touring, and Rick is right when he says most people under 40 don't even know who the Supremes were--most of the guys I work with have never even heard of Diana Ross!

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    For the record....Jean Terrell left the FLOS for her own personal reasons in 1992. Lynda Laurence did not put her out.

Concerning the payment of someone's rent, this is a very ill-advised thing to post and Carl should be contacted.

If anyone feels they are being personally attacked, the moderator of this forum is the one to go to.

The bickering here is getting obnoxious.
    Yeah, but in 1996 Lynda banned Jean Terrell from ever performing as a member of the FLO's again.

Incorrect Marvin, as usual, it was their manager AT THAT TIME. Lynda and Scherrie were upset when Jean did not do an encore of Let My Heart Do The Walking, and the fans in attendance were disappointed that Scherrie and Lynda did this as a duet. But this was a one-time only performance and Jean felt she had done enough. It's all in how one looks at it. But it was NOT Lynda Laurence that banned her. She and Jean remain friends.

Incorrect Marvin, as usual, it was their manager AT THAT TIME. Lynda and Scherrie were upset when Jean did not do an encore of Let My Heart Do The Walking, and the fans in attendance were disappointed that Scherrie and Lynda did this as a duet. But this was a one-time only performance and Jean felt she had done enough. It's all in how one looks at it. But it was NOT Lynda Laurence that banned her. She and Jean remain friends.
    As usual my EYE! I have the video tape of the full concert you are referring too. I am not debating whether or not Scherrie & Lynda did the encore alone. I know that because I SEENT it! What you want to cover up it seems is the after effect of Jean's refusal to join them in that encore. Now do you want me to see if I can get "somebody" on here that will verify that yes, Lynda Laurence told Jean Terrell to her face , that night that she would never perform again as a FLO. Which is laughable anyway you look at it!

How would Lynda have the power to ban anybody? That doesn't make any sense.

Also it wasn't it Lynda Laurence that fired Freddi Poole from the group?
    Last edited by marv2; 08-14-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Before I heard that Lynda Laurence fired her sister Sundray Tucker because she felt she had gain too much weight; had become fat.
    Last edited by marv2; 08-14-2011 at 12:34 AM.

...What you want to cover up it seems is the after effect of Jean's refusal to join them in that encore. Now do you want me to see if I can get "somebody" on here that will verify that yes, Lynda Laurence told Jean Terrell to her face , that night that she would never perform again as a FLO. .
    I never heard about this. Yes, Marv, it would be great if you could get someone on this board to verify it.

smark21 Guest
    You better stop arguing with Marv or else Ralph will ban you from this group.

Before that Lynda Laurence fired her sister Sundray Tucker because she felt she had gain too much weight; had become fat.
    Proof please?

Thank again for the facts BayouMotownMan.

Yeah, but in 1996 Lynda banned Jean Terrell from ever performing as a member of the FLO's again.
    More made up nonsense to vilify Miss Lynda Laurence.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Consider the source BobC.

She shouldn't have had ,but that's what happened. I've heard that she handles most of the business decisions for the FLO's.
    Last edited by marv2; 08-13-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Consider the source BobC.
    He can do whatever he wants. I don't know BobC and doesn't know me. But welcome to the forum Bob!

More made up nonsense to vilify Miss Lynda Laurence.

No it's not made up unlike all of your profile names and screen personalities............

Proof please?
    Go look it up. It's out there, go find it !

You better stop arguing with Marv or else Ralph will ban you from this group.
    You should know enough about banning. By the way, you owe my cousin Debbie a thank you card!

You should know enough about banning.
    That's really rich coming from you. LOL
    Last edited by Roberta75; 08-13-2011 at 01:39 PM.

It would be wise to drop this as FLOs management has been made aware of the slanderous statements and invalid "proof" of argument.

Thanks for the welcome. All I'm saying is that I don't see how Lynda would have the authority to expel Jean Terrell. I know several people who knew Jean Terrell well, and they all said that she didn't really like show business--she didn't like the phoniness of it, the constant traveling, the lack of privacy, and all of that. Having said that, it wouldn't be that surprising if JT just didn't want to get into that grind again with the FLO's. I don't know why there always has to be a bad guy. If JT didn't tour anymore with Lynda and Scherrie, I would imagine it was her own decision. Indecisiveness was never one of JT's character traits.

It would be wise to drop this as FLOs management has been made aware of the slanderous statements and invalid "proof" of argument.
    Sure and don't think that of ALL the truly slanderous statements you have made have not been duly noted!!!!

Thanks for the welcome. All I'm saying is that I don't see how Lynda would have the authority to expel Jean Terrell. I know several people who knew Jean Terrell well, and they all said that she didn't really like show business--she didn't like the phoniness of it, the constant traveling, the lack of privacy, and all of that. Having said that, it wouldn't be that surprising if JT just didn't want to get into that grind again with the FLO's. I don't know why there always has to be a bad guy. If JT didn't tour anymore with Lynda and Scherrie, I would imagine it was her own decision. Indecisiveness was never one of JT's character traits.
    She didn't expel her [[at least not to my knowledge), people said she quit in 1992. I am referring to the night they performed a one off concert to buttress their legal defense fund in 1996 and Jean was back for that for that one show. It probably was just an empty threat.

I can believe that Jean does not like all that goes along with being a "star", but I do know she loves to sing and does so in front of an audience when she wants to!

If we are to believe marv2 [[which thankfully and very wisely most people here don't) then Lynda Laurence has more power than most world leaders.

If we are to believe marv2 [[which thankfully and very wisely most people here don't) then Lynda Laurence has more power than most world leaders.

Whatever dude......