[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    Two Volumes would have been nice. One for The Supremes 1964 - 1967 with all of Florence's appearances. The other for Diana Ross and The Supremes 1967 - 1970 with those performances including Cindy.

But that might have been too simple to figure out and execute.

That would probably be a better sales approach also.

Missing from either of the lists is The Happening, one of my favorite Sullivan performances, and regrettably Florence's last appearance.
    Wait, they don't even have "The Happening" on it and y'all are going to still buy this? I wouldn't waste a dime on it especially after they've heard from potential customers about what they would like to see and SOFA has ignored them? They are not arrogant, they are stupid! The "first wave" of custmers are most important because they will be the ones to help sell this DVD in a variety of in direct ways. Just plain stupid!

That is the appearance were Ed Sullivan makes the classic and often talked about blooper when he introduced them as "....The girls here....".

it's "classic" because sullivan was at odds with screwing up? did you ever watch ed when the "girls" weren't on?
    gimme a break!

Honestly, without the inclusion of 'Mame' medley, Fats Waller and Berlin medleys, this dvd isn't worth buying. This should have been the one opportunity to have the complete Ed S appearances in one place. What a waste of time. I'll stay with youtube for now.

Quote Originally Posted by chestersong View Post
    it's "classic" because sullivan was at odds with screwing up? did you ever watch ed when the "girls" weren't on?
    gimme a break!

You sure need a break...!

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Honestly, without the inclusion of 'Mame' medley, Fats Waller and Berlin medleys, this dvd isn't worth buying. This should have been the one opportunity to have the complete Ed S appearances in one place. What a waste of time. I'll stay with youtube for now.
    I am totally in agreement with you lakedistrictlad1. Let them take chet's songs money! LOL!!!

For some reason I was under the impression that "The Happening" would be on this DVD, but it isn't! This is my most favourite Supremes Ed Sullivan performance. I agree, it IS a classic! This is a crime!!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    For some reason I was under the impression that "The Happening" would be on this DVD, but it isn't! This is my most favourite Supremes Ed Sullivan performance. I agree, it IS a classic! This is a crime!!

Let's call the FBI! LOL!!!

Now I think I know why I was under the impression that "The Happening" was included on this DVD. It's because this new press release and the blurb that MaryBrewster posted mention "The Happening". However, when they say this, I think they are referring to the Hits Medley from Diana Ross & the Supremes' final Ed Sullivan appearance. Somehow it's okay for them to say: "Other timeless performances featured are "You Can't Hurry Love," "My World is Empty Without You," "Baby Love," "Stop! In The Name of Love" and "The Happening"...when really, each of these songs are performed for less than 10 seconds in a hits medley. Ridiculous!

For the First Time on DVD The Ed Sullivan Show Motown Collections

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The relationship between Berry Gordy's Motown label and The Ed Sullivan Show made music and television history. Soon after the Supremes' debut on Sullivan [[December 1964), it was clear that showcasing the latest Motown releases on CBS on Sunday nights [[35 million viewers was average) was a way to expose the record company's newest hits and boost the show's ratings. Sullivan introduced nearly all the Motown acts including The Supremes, The Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Four Tops, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Marvin Gaye, Gladys Knight & The Pips and The Jackson 5. From Hitsville U.S.A. in Detroit by way of The Ed Sullivan Show, these classic performances brought the "Motown Sound" to living rooms across America.

Universal Music Enterprises [[UMe) and SOFA Entertainment present Motown Gold from The Ed Sullivan Show [[2 DVDs), and, in celebration of The Temptations and Supremes 50th Anniversary, The Best of The Temptations on The Ed Sullivan Show [[1 DVD) and The Best of The Supremes on The Ed Sullivan Show [[1 DVD). All three collections released on September 13, 2011 are packed with classic Motown performances from The Ed Sullivan Show, taped live between 1964 and 1971, and are fully restored with never before released footage.

Motown performances on Sullivan were followed by a Monday morning sales spike and it was a perfect formula for mutual success. Berry Gordy's dynamic sound aimed to appeal to America's white teenagers and with the Sullivan stage as the entry point for his incredible roster of talent, this show business marriage remained rock solid until the show went off the air. Ed Sullivan and his producer, Bob Precht, were especially proud of the history these two iconic American institutions forged together.

One great Motown group after another was introduced on Sullivan, new releases topped the music charts and Ed's brief chats with the artists all led to a greater acceptance of African-American R&B by white teenagers. This helped Motown to conquer America, and in time, the company became world renown as "The Sound of Young America."

Motown Gold from The Ed Sullivan Show is a 2-DVD [[3 Volume) collection with appearances by legendary Motown acts including:

The Jackson 5 ushering in a new generation of Motown acts with a medley of their No. 1 hits "I Want You Back," "The Love You Save" and "ABC."
    Diana Ross and The Supremes performing their No. 1 hits "Come See About Me," "Someday We'll Be Together" and "Love Child."
    The Temptations doing their No. 1 hits "Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)" and "I Can't Get Next to You."
    The Four Tops with their No. 1 hit single "Reach Out I'll Be There."
    Martha & the Vandellas singing their timeless classic "Dancing in the Street."
    Marvin Gaye's only Sullivan appearance singing "Take This Heart of Mine."
    Young Stevie Wonder captivating the audience with his No. 1 hit "Fingertips Pt. 2" and his classic "For Once in My Life."
    A never-before-released performance of Smokey Robinson & The Miracles singing a medley of the hits "I Second That Emotion," "If You Can Want" and "Going to a Go-Go."
    And many other great Motown Performances!

Bonus material included in this collection features a special performance by Gladys Knight & The Pips of "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" at the Brooke Army Medical Center in Houston, Texas, and the Four Tops singing ''Put A Little Love in Your Heart" at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.

Andrew and Josh Solt, whose company, SOFA Entertainment, owns "The Ed Sullivan Show" library made the following statement about the Motown collection. "We are so pleased that after working on this project for many years, the definitive Motown on Ed Sullivan collection is now available to millions of fans who love the Motown sound. The Sullivan show featured more Motown artists than any other television show and now these timeless live performances can finally be enjoyed by fans of what many believe is the greatest music of the 60's. A considerable amount of work has gone into making sure the sound and picture quality on the discs is optimal. We hope people will be dancing in the streets and in their living rooms when they push play on the Motown on Ed Sullivan DVD collection."

The Best of The Supremes on The Ed Sullivan Show

The Supremes rose from poverty to become Motown's most consistent hit-maker and the most popular female group of the 60's. Along with the charmed circle of Motown singers, writers, producers and players, they rewrote the book on pop music, sang their way into the hearts of millions and made a lasting impression that continues to this day.

With a total of sixteen appearances on The Ed Sullivan Show, The Best Of The Supremes collects some of the group's greatest performances. Included in this DVD is their very first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show in December 1964, showcasing their No. 1 hit "Come See About Me." Other timeless performances featured are "You Can't Hurry Love," "My World is Empty Without You," "Baby Love," "Stop! In The Name of Love" and "The Happening." And, for the first time on DVD, this collection includes a full version of "Up the Ladder to the Roof" which is the only appearance by the "New Supremes" after Diana Ross went on to pursue a solo career.

This collection of performances truly showcases why The Supremes are one of Motown's biggest and most beloved acts.

The Best of The Temptations on The Ed Sullivan Show

The Temptations began their musical life in Detroit in the early sixties. With their flashy suits, distinctive harmonies and precise, split-second choreography, they popularized a refined style of performance that made them a household name. For the first time on DVD, you get the best of their Ed Sullivan Show performances. Included in this collection is the group's very first appearance in May 1967, in which they performed a medley of hits including "My Girl" and "[[I Know) I'm Losing You." Other songs featured are the group's No. 1 hit "I Can't Get Next to You," a playful version of "You've Made Me So Very Happy," the Top Ten hit "Psychedelic Shack," and the 1969 hit single "Runaway Child, Running Wild" with Dennis Edwards replacing David Ruffin.

Highlights of this collection include:

The Temptations' special appearance alongside The Supremes with each group performing a medley of the other group's hits, including "Get Ready," "Stop! In The Name Of Love," and "Baby Love."
    DVD debuting performances by The Temptations of "Hello Young Lovers," "Autumn Leaves," and never-before-released medleys of "Girl [[Why You Wanna Make Me Blue)," "All I Need," "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," "I'll Be There" and "My Sweet Lord."
    The Temptations' last appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1971 in which they performed "Get Ready" and their No. 1 hit "Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)." These tender and soulful performances were a fitting farewell to The Ed Sullivan Show.

Today, The Temptations and The Supremes continue to be an essential component of the Motown legacy. The Temptations recent DVD release, Get Ready: Definitive Performances 1965-1972, is currently double platinum, and their recent ICON CD has already sold more than 100,000 copies. The Supremes DVD release, Reflections - Definitive Performances 1964-1969 is also now double platinum. Fifty years later, original fans as well as new fans confirm with steady sales that these performers' true artistry and talent is timeless.

For More Information Go To The Official Ed Sullivan Show Website

Mary Wilson, The Supremes and Otis Williams, The Temptations are available for interviews.

SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...127454473.html

Now I think I know why I was under the impression that "The Happening" was included on this DVD. It's because this new press release and the blurb that MaryBrewster posted mention "The Happening". However, when they say this, I think they are referring to the Hits Medley from Diana Ross & the Supremes' final Ed Sullivan appearance. Somehow it's okay for them to say: "Other timeless performances featured are "You Can't Hurry Love," "My World is Empty Without You," "Baby Love," "Stop! In The Name of Love" and "The Happening"...when really, each of these songs are performed for less than 10 seconds in a hits medley. Ridiculous!

Now you're starting to see what type of shady company this is! They never performed the songs "Baby Love", "Stop In the Name of Love", etc as first run releases on the Ed Sullivan Show. Only later and only as a part of "medley" performances.

What is the runtime of this DVD? 15 mins?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now you're starting to see what type of shady company this is! They never performed the songs "Baby Love", "Stop In the Name of Love", etc as first run releases on the Ed Sullivan Show. Only later and only as a part of "medley" performances.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    What is the runtime of this DVD? 15 mins?
    lol. Probably. I would be very surprised if it's over 45 minutes. I doubt it.

Exactly.

lol. Probably. I would be very surprised if it's over 45 minutes. I doubt it.
    I doubt if it is over 45 mins because most of the songs were only 2-3 mins in length.

If the Hits Medley is the one with Florence from December 1966 when they did "My Favorite Things" then it will be worth the money.

That was an exciting performance by the group and one of their best medleys of their hits. But unfortunately, I don't see a mention of "You Keep Me Hanging On" in the press release. So it will probably be the medley from the lackluster Final Appearance in 1970.

Yes, it's the hits medley from 1970, not 1966. I wish they had included the full unedited hits medley from 1966 on this DVD. The audience was wild for The Supremes!

Already released on DVD from the Ed Sullivan Show, according the DVD's I have:

Ed Sullivan The Soul of the Motor City DVD

Come See About Me [[color 1964)
    Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
    Love Child [[pink)
    In And Out Of Love

Chart Toppers DVD
    '68/'69/'70

Someday We'll Be Together

The Temptations & The Supremes DVD

Come See About Me
    Love Is Like An Itching...
    I'm Living in Shame
    Forever Came Today
    No Matter What Sign You Are
    Up The Ladder To The Roof

The Supremes Reflections DVD
    You Can't Hurry Love
    Love Child [[street clothes)

There's also a DVD from Ed Sullivan Seasons with My Favorite Things

Thanks Jim! Yes, many of these appearances have appeared on DVD before. There is also the Ed Sullivan DVD box-set that contains many appearances by The Supremes.

It is nice to have you on Soulful Detroit. I followed your Diana Ross Fan Club website for many years and really enjoyed it!

Thanks nice to be here on this forum, all the best Jim

From Amazon.com:

One of the most important contributions Ed Sullivan will be remembered for is how he bucked the system and embraced R&B performers, giving them their first television breaks. In particular, in the sixties Sullivan embraced the artists from a small record company from Detroit - Berry Gordy's Motown. Sullivan introduced nearly all the Motown acts helping to break the race barrier in this turbulent period.

Motown Gold from The Ed Sullivan Show is a 2 DVD [[3 volume) collection with appearances by legendary Motown acts including The Jackson 5, Diana Ross and The Supremes, The Temptations, Four Tops, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Martha & The Vandellas and Gladys Knight & The Pips. The collection is packed with classic Motown performances taped live between 1964 and 1971, fully restored with footage never before released. Some of the highlights include:

* The Jackson 5 ushering in a new generation of Motown acts with a medley of their No. 1 hits "I Want You Back," "The Love You Save" and "ABC."

* Diana Ross and The Supremes performing their No. 1 hits "Come See About Me," "Someday We'll Be Together" and "Love Child."

* The Temptations doing their No. 1 hits "Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)" and "I Can't Get Next to You." * The Four Tops with their No. 1 hit single "Reach Out I'll Be There."

* Martha & the Vandellas singing their timeless classic "Dancing in the Street."

* Marvin Gaye's only Sullivan appearance singing "Take This Heart of Mine."

* Young Stevie Wonder captivating the audience with his No. 1 hit "Fingertips Pt. 2" and his classic "For Once in My Life."

* A never-before-released performance of Smokey Robinson & the Miracles doing a medley of the hits "I Second That Emotion," "If You Can Want" and "Going to a Go-Go."

* Gladys Knight and the Pips performing the hit "I Heard It Through the Grapevine"

DISC ONE

Volume 1

1. THE JACKSON 5: I Want You Back, ABC

2. THE SUPREMES: You Can't Hurry Love

3. THE TEMPTATIONS: Don't Look Back

4. FOUR TOPS: Reach Out I'll Be There

5. SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES: I Second That Emotion, If You Can Want, Going To A Go-Go

6. GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS: If I Were Your Woman

7. STEVIE WONDER: Fingertips Pt. 2

8. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: I'm Living in Shame

9. THE TEMPTATIONS: Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)

10. MARVIN GAYE: Take This Heart of Mine

11. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: Love Child

12. THE TEMPTATIONS Ain't No Mountain High Enough, I'll Be There,My Sweet Lord

13. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: Someday We'll Be Together

BONUS

14. GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS: I Heard It Through The Grapevine

Volume 2

1. THE JACKSON 5: Stand, Who's Lovin' You,I Want You Back

2. THE SUPREMES: Come See About Me

3. STEVIE WONDER: For Once In My Life

4. MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS: Dancing In The Street

5. THE TEMPTATION: Get Ready

6. THE SUPREMES: My World Is Empty Without You

7. FOUR TOPS: When You're Smiling, It's The Same Old Song, Something About You, I Can't Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)

8. SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES: Abraham, Martin & John

9. THE SUPREMES: Come See About Me, Stop! In The Name Of Love, You Can't Hurry Love, You Keep Me Hangin' On, I Hear A Symphony

10. THE TEMPTATIONS: Runaway Child, Running Wild

11. THE SUPREMES: Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart

BONUS

14. FOUR TOPS: All In The Game, Nice & Easy

DISC TWO

Volume 3

1. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: Forever Came Today

2. SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES: Doggone Right

3. THE JACKSON 5: The Love You Save

4. THE TEMPTATIONS: I Can't Get Next To You

5. THE SUPREMES: The Happening

6. FOUR TOPS: Reach Out I'll Be There, I Can't Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch), Bernadette, Climb Ev'ry Mountain

7. GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS: Nitty Gritty, By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Stop and Get a Hold of Myself

8. THE TEMPTATIONS: You've Made Me So Very Happy

9. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: In And Out Of Love

10. THE TEMPTATIONS: Psychedelic Shack

BONUS

12. FOUR TOPS: Put A Little Love In Your Heart

While I am disappointed with The Supremes DVD, I am pleased with the Motown DVD. There's a good selection of clips on it, including two of my favourites: The Happening and The Supremes' 1966 hits medley in full.

I think the Temptations DVD looks great also, lots of things that were never put on a proper DVD. Only things missing I can see are September in The Rain, Cloud Nine/I'm Gonna Make You Love Me and another edit or 2, otherwise, it's every appearance the Tempts had!

Also from Amazon:
    For the first time on DVD, this collection offers the Temptations' very best Ed Sullivan Show performances. Included here is the group's very first appearance in May 1967, in which they performed a medley of hits including "My Girl" and "[[I Know) I'm Losing You." Other songs featured are the group's No. 1 hit "I Can't Get Next to You," a playful version of "You've Made Me So Very Happy," the Top Ten hit "Psychedelic Shack," and the 1969 hit single "Runaway Child, Running Wild" with Dennis Edwards replacing David Ruffin. The Temptations' last performance on The Ed Sullivan Show [[1971) is also included, broadcast just a few months before the show went off the air, in which they performed "Get Ready" and their No. 1 hit "Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)."

Tracks

1. Medley: Girl [[Why You Wanna Make Me Blue), All I Need, My Girl, I'm Losing You

2. Don't Look Back

3. Medley with The Supremes: Get Ready, Stop! In The Name of Love, My Guy, Baby Love, I'm Losing You

4. Runaway Child, Running Wild

5. I Can't Get Next To You

6. You've Made Me So Very Happy

7. Psychedelic Shack

8. Get Ready

9. Medley: Ain't No Mountain High Enough, I'll Be There, My Sweet Lord

10. Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)

BONUS

11.Hello Young Lovers

12. Autumn Leaves
    Last edited by kje71; 08-15-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Oh WOW...after reviewing the tracklisting for the Temptations DVD, I discovered that "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" was omitted from the 1971 medley that includes Ain't No Mountain High Enough/My Sweet Lord/I'll Be There...Is Stevie Wonder the reason why "Signed" was omitted?

Quote Originally Posted by KRAIG DIESEL View Post
    Oh WOW...after reviewing the tracklisting for the Temptations DVD, I discovered that "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" was omitted from the 1971 medley that includes Ain't No Mountain High Enough/My Sweet Lord/I'll Be There...Is Stevie Wonder the reason why "Signed" was omitted?
    Of course.... Stevie doesdn't let anything come out. He must get a charge out of denying product to Motown fans.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Of course.... Stevie doesdn't let anything come out. He must get a charge out of denying product to Motown fans.
    I understand that Prince is very much like that too.

And ALSO, what happened to the medley that Gladys Knight and the Pips performed on their first Sullivan appearance in 1968 [[End of our road/Afraid the Masquerade is Over/I heard it through the grapevine)? Why was it omitted from the latest collection?

And ALSO, what happened to the medley that Gladys Knight and the Pips performed on their first Sullivan appearance in 1968 [[End of our road/Afraid the Masquerade is Over/I heard it through the grapevine)? Why was it omitted from the latest collection?
    Since a full version of GRAPEVINE is included as a bonus track, they probably didn't see the need for a repeat.

@Reese, We are being cheated out of one of THE BEST performances ever on the SULLIVAN show.
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Since a full version of GRAPEVINE is included as a bonus track, they probably didn't see the need for a repeat.

@Reese, We are being cheated out of one of THE BEST performances ever on the SULLIVAN show.
    I agree that it was a good performance. I've seen it, as well as many of the others, when they used to rerun the Sullivan shows in syndication and/or on PBS.

And The Supremes My World Is Empty is already releassed on Ed Sullivans Rock Classics..

I order from Amazone...
    The Best Of The Supremes on The Ed Sullivan Show collects 22 of the Supremes' greatest performances, including ones never before available on DVD. Included is the Supremes' very first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show in December 1964, showcasing their No. 1 hit "Come See About Me," plus other timeless performances including "You Can't Hurry Love," "Love Child" and "The Happening." And, for the first time on DVD, this collection includes "Up the Ladder to the Roof" which is the only appearance by the "New Supremes" after Diana Ross went on to a solo career. This collection of performances truly showcases why The Supremes are one of Motown's biggest and most beloved acts.

Tracks:
    1.Come See About Me
    2.You Can't Hurry Love
    3.Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
    4.My Favorite Things
    5.The Happening
    6.More
    7. Love Child
    8.Always
    9.You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You
    10.No Matter What Sign You Are
    11.Medley: Baby Love, Stop! In The Name of Love, Come See About Me, My World Is Empty Without You, You Can't Hurry Love, The Happening, You Keep Me Hanging On, Reflections, Love Child, I Hear A Symphony
    12. Forever Came Today 13. BONUS Up The Ladder To The Roof
    Last edited by jimhoogendorp; 08-16-2011 at 07:37 PM.

I have a Sofa Entertainment catalog/pamphlet here at home that came with the Supremes & the Temptations Ed Sullivan DVD. It says "The Happening" was already released on the "Chart Toppers '65/'66/'67" Ed Sullivan DVD. But I do agree that we aren't getting a lot of new footage with these DVD's. I think I will still buy them anyway in order to support future releases, but as a fan, I'm still disappointed.

For Canadian fans: The Supremes, Temptations and Motown Ed Sullivan DVD's are available for pre-order on Amazon.ca for $8.49, $8.49 and $10.99 respectively. Great deal.

It looks as if they're really milking "Come See About Me"
    http://www.amazon.com/Ed-Sullivan-Pr...494723&sr=1-36
    The reviews sound??????

Any good prices for United States buyers?

Motown is excited to announce the upcoming release of 3 new DVDs: Motown Gold On The Ed Sullivan Show, The Best of The Temptations on the Ed Sullivan Show, and the Best of the Supremes on the Ed Sullivan Show. The footage is live, shot on film and restored! The costumes, the sets, the sound! You've GOT to see it!

Check out clips below for each DVD and pre-order your copy soon!

Watch Motown Gold
    Clip Here!
    Watch The Temptations
    Clip Here!
    Watch The Supremes
    Clip Here!

Pre-Order Here!
    Pre-Order Here!
    Pre-Order Here!

Editorial Reviews
    The Best Of The Supremes on The Ed Sullivan Show collects 22 of the Supremes' greatest performances, including ones never before available on DVD. Included is the Supremes' very first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show in December 1964, showcasing their No. 1 hit "Come See About Me," plus other timeless performances including "You Can't Hurry Love," "Love Child" and "The Happening." And, for the first time on DVD, this collection includes "Up the Ladder to the Roof" which is the only appearance by the "New Supremes" after Diana Ross went on to a solo career. This collection of performances truly showcases why The Supremes are one of Motown's biggest and most beloved acts.
    Tracks:

1.Come See About Me

2.You Can't Hurry Love

3.Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart

4.My Favorite Things

5.The Happening

6.More

7. Love Child

8.Always

9.You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You

10.No Matter What Sign You Are

11.Medley: Baby Love, Stop! In The Name of Love, Come See About Me, My World Is Empty Without You, You Can't Hurry Love, The Happening, You Keep Me Hanging On, Reflections, Love Child, I Hear A Symphony

12. Forever Came Today

13. BONUS Up The Ladder To The Roof

Volume 1

1. THE JACKSON 5: I Want You Back, ABC

2. THE SUPREMES: You Can't Hurry Love

3. THE TEMPTATIONS: Don't Look Back

4. FOUR TOPS: Reach Out I'll Be There

5. SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES: I Second That Emotion, If You Can Want, Going To A Go-Go

6. GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS: If I Were Your Woman

7. STEVIE WONDER: Fingertips Pt. 2

8. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: I'm Living in Shame

9. THE TEMPTATIONS: Just My Imagination [[Running Away With Me)

10. MARVIN GAYE: Take This Heart of Mine

12. THE TEMPTATIONS Ain't No Mountain High Enough, I'll Be There,My Sweet Lord

13. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: Someday We'll Be Together

BONUS

14. GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS: I Heard It Through The Grapevine

Volume 2

1. THE JACKSON 5: Stand, Who's Lovin' You,I Want You Back

2. THE SUPREMES: Come See About Me

3. STEVIE WONDER: For Once In My Life

4. MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS: Dancing In The Street

5. THE TEMPTATION: Get Ready

6. THE SUPREMES: My World Is Empty Without You

7. FOUR TOPS: When You're Smiling, It's The Same Old Song, Something About You, I Can't Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)

8. SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES: Abraham, Martin & John

9. THE SUPREMES: Come See About Me, Stop! In The Name Of Love, You Can't Hurry Love, You Keep Me Hangin' On, I Hear A Symphony

10. THE TEMPTATIONS: Runaway Child, Running Wild

11. THE SUPREMES: Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart

BONUS

14. FOUR TOPS: All In The Game, Nice & Easy

DISC TWO

Volume 3

1. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: Forever Came Today

2. SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES: Doggone Right

3. THE JACKSON 5: The Love You Save

4. THE TEMPTATIONS: I Can't Get Next To You

5. THE SUPREMES: The Happening

6. FOUR TOPS: Reach Out I'll Be There, I Can't Help Myself [[Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch), Bernadette, Climb Ev'ry Mountain

7. GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS: Nitty Gritty, By The Time I Get To Phoenix, Stop and Get a Hold of Myself

8. THE TEMPTATIONS: You've Made Me So Very Happy

9. DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES: In And Out Of Love

10. THE TEMPTATIONS: Psychedelic Shack

BONUS

12. FOUR TOPS: Put A Little Love In Your Heart

Amazon lists the Supremes DVD at $13.49; has anyone been able to find it cheaper?

CD Universe has it for $11.09, which is the cheapest I've seen from a U.S. store.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8569754

You know what's hilarious, is that quote from Ed at the end.... "that's really excitment, isn't it?" was from immediately after Ike and Tina had performed on the show.

Well it kind of goes with "now let's hear it for .......the Girls" and "now let's hear it for smokey and the little smokies"; and Ed probably never really knew the difference between Diana and Tina so the DVD people were just trying to create some poetic justice.

DVDon't

Anyone else having trouble with the DVD freezing / breaking up?

Uh oh! I haven't received my copies yet, but I hope there isn't some sort of glitch in the first pressing. That would suck big time.

Remember the problems with The Four Tops DVD Universal had to replace quite a few! just received my thee refunds from Amazon $2.50 on each DVD as the price was reduced,

Just got my copy today. I hope mine doesn't freeze up as mentioned above.

One interesting thing: SPOLIER!

It's funny that inside the DVD packaging, some of the pictures that are included are publicity stills, but also "freeze frames" of Supremes performaces NOT included on the DVD, such as "Mame", "Mother Dear", the "Gold" medley, and "Greensleeves/Thou Swell". There are also TWO pictures of "Love Child" in pink. I wonder if this is a "teaser" for a Volume 2?

just got my Supremes DVD in the mail today from AMAZON, and I just watched the whole thing, like the RCA Records dog staring at the victrola;
    there is NO FREEZING,SKIPPING, STOPPING on the DVD, it plays flawlessly and is FABULOUS!!!..we want Vol.2!!

I also highly recommend this DVD. I was initially disappointed in the song selections, but thoroughly enjoyed this collection, only wishing for more! I hope strong sales will encourage the powers-that-be to produce a Volume II.

One question... I've loved the girls' performance of The Happening, but noticed something while viewing this DVD. The positioning of Mary, a bit forward of Diana and Florence, coupled with camera angles really minimizes Florence's airtime. Has anyone noticed how little she is featured in this performance? Maybe this has already been discussed, but could this have been an attempt to mask her in the event her moves were subpar? Maybe part of the plan to replace Flo smoothly without the public noticing?

I had inquired a while back about Mary's placement, very unsual, no one seemed to have an answer, but Mary also got a step out moment in "Love is Like An Itching..."; she always seemed to be personally closer to Ross,and that may have had something to do with it..I was watching to see Flo's earring fall during "Favorite Things" but I didn't see any trace of it

Somewhere in my memorabilia I have a news article from R&B World, I think that was the name of the newspaper/magazine [[similar to SOUL). The headline story was "Supremes to split story hits New York". This was around May 1967 just about the time The Supremes appeared on the Sullivan show. The story talks about dissension within the group particularly behind-the-scenes during rehearsals for the Sullivan show.

I assume I saw the show prior to seeing the magazine article. When I saw the performance I assumed that the placement of Mary up front was just a creative decision. Years later I often wondered if it was to compensate for Florence possibly missing rehearsals due to the conflicts at the time and not being as well practiced and prepared as she would have been normally. Of course less than 3 months later she was gone!

That being said "The Happening" performance is my favorite of their Sullivan appearances. At the time I liked this song because it was The Supremes but for many years I dismissed it as bubblegum nonsense. Although it made #1 POP I think that was more from young teenagers and children than us older teenagers [[I was a senior in High School - not many of my classmates liked this record). Now it is one of my favorites.