[REMOVE ADS]

Amy winehouse found dead

So sad...What a waste of talent. To those who said "leave her alone, she's got so much talent and she'll be fine...this was, sadly, highly predictable.

Needless to say, this came out of left field. R.I.P..

I shouldn't be shocked over this, yet I am. RIP, Amy

Sad news indeed, but unfortunately not entirely unexpected considering her history ..

Here is how the BBC is reporting the news ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

RIP Amy.

Roger

Such a sad waste of a young life and a true talent I'm sure her Dad will be devestated - Amy Winehouse was a very talented lady. RIP.

This was a train wreck waiting to happen.....and it did. Sad.

Yea, I just heard this myself, Felix announced it on his Rhythm Revue show so I checked here to see if anyone else had
    heard it. I have to agree with Stu, what a waste of talent. As much as I hoped the girl would get herself back together I
    readily accept that she just threw it all away. I could see this in young broke lost children in the 60's and early 70's but
    not today. Senseless. At least now she's at rest, I hope...

Unfortunately, I predicted she wouldn't live to 30. I didn't want to be correct. A couple things: any kind of addiction is brutal, but entertainers and superstars have this magnified because all the enablers. The average Jane and Joe often [[not always) find some source of rehab, be it AA, counseling, whatever. The superstar has stupid enablers who are dealing them the stuff that they're addicted to.

I'm predicting Charlie Sheen is gone in a few years, though he could do a Keith Richards and defy the odds.

Not giving Amy a free pass on her addiction, but I'll bet you anything that the enablers/dealers did her in.

Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin and Jimmi Hendrix, part of the 27 club.

I just got the news on twitter! Expected or not it's still tragic!

I figured drugs must have still been an issue for Amy since she hadn't been doing much work on a follow up to B2B but its still a shocking loss.

Tony Bennett's new duets CD coming this fall will probably sell a boatload now since he's dueting with her on it....

I wasn't shocked, to be honest. She had numerous overdoses. I was more shocked that some whacko could invidually kill 92 youth in Norway. I was shocked that Winehouse's death is getting a bigger headline and play on news sites than the Norwegian tragedy.

This is a shocking surprise to me above all else. I did enjoy some of her music, but I never believed it would go this far. Sorry to hear this. Rest In Peace Amy, you were way too young.......

Marv

It's a sad day for everyone who like me loved the music of the very talented Amy Winehouse who was found dead in her Camden flat this afternoon. Amy was only 27. Her demons have left her now. Love is indeed a losing game!

RIP X

sad news,but like some of the others posted not unexpected.she was a breath of fresh air when i 1st heard her.and then things started to go wrong.
    and just to get things into perspective like other posters have already mentioned 92 people have died in norway,murdered.

rip

Miss Winehouse is home with the Lord now and he will heal her demons and replenish her weary soul.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nixon View Post
    Such a sad waste of a young life and a true talent I'm sure her Dad will be devestated - Amy Winehouse was a very talented lady. RIP.

Her father, Mitch Winehouse was suppose to be performing here in New York tonight, but he has understandably flown back to London upon hearing the news.

marv
    i read in yesterdays paper,the daily mail, he was appearing at the blue note.apparently he was a bit of a crooner as a 20 something
    Last edited by tamla617; 07-23-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Why is it that the people who start threads like this never seem to include links?

Anyway, I saw this coming a long time ago. Drugs are evil! Stay away from them!

R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    marv
    i read in yesterdays paper,the daily mail, he was appearing at the blue note.apparently he was a bit of a crooner as a 20 something
    I did not know he was playing the Blue Note. I love seeing shows there. Yes , it is my understanding that her family had a long history with Jazz music. This is really sad. I feel bad for her Dad.

GT and I were at Peabody's Records enjoying their annual $1.00 an album sale, needless to say He got a text and A fellow audiophile confirmed the information. Although I knew she had problems, I didn't expect this. Rest in peace child.

My wife heard on the news last night that Amy had died, no real surprise, in fact I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did...a great shame.

RIP Amy Winehouse

and condolences to family & friends.

Hi this is Kev-Lo

Very sad R.I.P

Much too young,R.I.P,My sister,and my condolences to her FAMILY and FRIENDS.MAY GOD BE WITH HER.

I agree with everyone who has said that this death was almost expected due to her lifestyle. I wonder if it is now going to turn in to the same kind of media circus as Michael Jackson, meaning that there will be a prolonged investigation into finding out who gave her what drugs, etc.?

Also there is probably very little chance that she was alone either when she died or the night before. So whoever was with her might have some explaining to do.

As everyone else has said, this was a shock and not totally surprising, considering her history of substance abuse. Also, I agree with everyone else that this was quite a loss indeed. RIP, Amy, and thank you...

Best,

Mark