[REMOVE ADS]

FINALLY!!! The Long Awaited Book "Hype & Soul" is Ready!

FINALLY!!! The Long Awaited Book "Hype & Soul" is Ready!
    Hello everyone. I could not wait to share this when I heard today that the book "Hype & Soul" is finally ready and available. Written by none other than Al Abrams [[aka Stalebagel) Motown's FIRST employee!

We've all seen and read various books about Motown over the years, but very few that have been written by someone who was actually THERE!!!This is a rare treat that we get perhaps once a decade or so. We will be definitely getting a first hand, eyewitness accounting of the Motown Legend!

I just ordered my copy,..... You can get yours too by following this link:

http://www.soulvation.biz/hypeandsoul.html
    Last edited by marv2; 07-21-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Great-thanks Marv! Ordering now!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Great-thanks Marv! Ordering now!
    You are most welcome! This is not some Mark Ribowsky or Randy Taraborelli special......This is the REAL DEAL! LOL!!!!

You also get that rare limited record with your order....can't beat that with a baseball bat!

Thanks Marv2...just ordered.

Thanks for posting this, Marv. Al goes as far back as one can go with Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Marv. Al goes as far back as one can go with Motown.
    Anytime.

I know. Al's story has been inspirational to me personally as far back as the 80's!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Anytime.

I know. Al's story has been inspirational to me personally as far back as the 80's!
    That's just beautiful and so touching. May Al continue to inspire you marv2.

Bless you.

Roberta.

Promo bump...........

Promo bump..............

uptight Guest
    Did anyone else get an email, saying, "Unfortunately you have pressed the incorrect postal region button" and that you owe an extra £5 for the book? Maybe they made it too easy to purchase, because there weren't too many places I could have made a mistake. The purchase only took a couple of clicks in Paypal. Either the site wasn't set up to calculate the cost in the correct US dollar amount, or I made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by uptight View Post
    Did anyone else get an email, saying, "Unfortunately you have pressed the incorrect postal region button" and that you owe an extra £5 for the book? Maybe they made it too easy to purchase, because there weren't too many places I could have made a mistake. The purchase only took a couple of clicks in Paypal. Either the site wasn't set up to calculate the cost in the correct US dollar amount, or I made a mistake.
    I received this as well. I was asked to send the extra postage at my convenience. But in the meantime, the record would be sent.

Reese and Uptight:
    Thanks for telling me about this. Sorry you had problems. I passed your concerns on to my publishers in the UK and here's their reply:
    I have had a look & we have had a number of USA customers pressing the wrong button. Before they press 'buy now', they need to pick the correct drop down box for whichever region they are purchasing from ie UK; Europe; or rest of world. So for USA customers pressing the UK one in error, they have underpaid by £5 - hence emails have been sent asking for the extra £5 at their convenience. All this is explained on the Web page & many USA clients have got it right [[one even realised it himself & reordered correctly). Obviously it is not clear enough, so we will have to try & clairify it as soon as possible Wednesday morning.
    Thanks again everyone for all of your kind words -- including you Roberta75.
    Al

I've received the promo record which is great but when is the book actually going to be posted? A friend told me it would be September. Is this right?

The book may even be ready by mid-August, but I think everyone [[myself included) is saying September to play it safe. The presses are rolling and the dust jacket has already been printed. I'll pass along updates as soon as I receive them.
    Thanks,
    Al

Are the songs on the CD unreleased or rare material?

Order placed and since my birthday is right around the corner [[8/17), I asked my good wife to get the book for my birthday. I hope I'm in time to get the CD.

Mr. June:
    Yes, you are in time, but what you will be getting is a 7-inch vinyl of the rare recording made by the Motown family for the members of the Tamla-Motown Appreciation Society [[TMAS.) I think someone has posted a photo of the disc on another thread on Motown Topics.
    Meanwhile, my blog just went live Thursday and I invite everyone to visit it at http://hypeandsoul.blogspot.com/
    And as always, feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.
    Thanks.
    Al

Cool, I'm looking forward to the book and the platter.

Stalebagel, check your PMs.

Done!

Forum Friends: If you get a chance, check out the Wikipedia page for Hype & Soul that just went up today.