After following the links on here I watched a couple of the Unsung documentaries on YouTube... and loved em.

It's the sort of serious musical appreciation we rarely see on British TV [[apart from the occasional BBC4 documentary). And the artists featured on the Unsung series would never get a look in on UK TV.

I commend them to anyone who hasn't watched them. They're put together with care [[apart from the odd mistake in narration), and the interviews tell us things we sometimes didnt know about the stars' private lives and personalities.

The O'Jays episode was tremendous with Eddie and Walt [[both still very good-looking guys) speaking with great honesty about life on the road. I saw what were then Johnnie Wilder's Chicago Heatwave at a tiny club in Lancashire in the early 70s [[they were brilliant, although an odd-looking ensemble at the time) so enjoyed that one. despite all the tragic tales I had nothing but admiration for Keith Wilder. The Tammi one was excellent too, with a particular to Ashford and Simpson, who spoke with great insight and intelligence about Tammi. And Val gave the lie to the ridiculous claims that Tammi didn't sing on the final album with Marvin.

It's Deniece Williams next for me, and then I think I'll watch the Spinners again!

O'Jays
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx2RlcEuiMw

This link will introduce anybody who hasn't seen them yet to the rest of them.