[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph and Everybody: How's the Weather where you are ?

Its 1:45 central standard time and its currently 97 degrees in Chicago. The humidity is at 49% which makes the heat index 109 degrees. I just got back from the store and it feels like Las Vegas outside. Guess it's time to chill some water and beers and listen to some cool Temptations, among others. Its a hell of a way for GT to celebrate his birthday.

Whats the weather like where you're living........????? Its so hot, and has been for the past couple of days I no longer sweat.....jeeez !

heres the local rundown courtesy of MSN :* TEMPS AND HEAT INDEX...HIGH TEMPERATURES THIS AFTERNOON WILL CLIMB INTO THE UPPER 90S TO AROUND 100 DEGREES. THE HEAT COMBINED WITH OPPRESSIVELY HIGH HUMIDITY VALUES WILL RESULT IN HEAT INDEX READINGS PEAKING BETWEEN 110 AND 115 DEGREES. IT WILL REMAIN OPPRESSIVELY HOT AND HUMID .....
    Last edited by paladin; 07-20-2011 at 02:55 PM.

How's the Weather where you are ?
    Easy questions for 200 Alex.....what is MISERABLE!

Oh and Kdub. I've walked around in 120 degree heat in Vegas and NEVER felt like this. In Vegas you can stand underneath a skinny tree and instantly cool down....here in NC, 1:00 in the morning and the humidity is still kicking!

True that, its a "hot mess" !

Is it summer yet? Here in North Central Washington, it's been colder than my ex wife's heart. Weather's been so poor the fresh cherry crop came in 6 weeks late.

London has changeable weather - rainy showers, rain downpours and simple ordinary rain. My tomato plants love it!

BC hasn't had such poor weather in many many years.......perhaps 50 years; rain, rain, showers, clouds, rain, wind, clouds, showers, more rain. It's a continuation of what Doug is talking about. And Eastern North America is sweltering this summer.

London has changeable weather - rainy showers, rain downpours and simple ordinary rain. My tomato plants love it!
    Hilarious

The high tomorrow here in Cleveland is suppose to be 98 degrees with a heat index of 110. It will the hottest day here since 1995 and they are expecting it to break records. It's been unbearable all week and it's suppose to be like this until next Monday. The humidity doesn't make it any better. We had some major storms roll through in the overnight hours on Monday and it dumped 4 inches of rain within 2 hours and that broke the most rainfall in a day here in Cleveland.

Here in Monterey it is a typical summer. Mid sixties to seventy degrees. Fog in the morning and sun in the afternoon. This is pretty much the weather, year round. Don't hate me, please.

When I went to Sacramento a couple of weeks back, it was a hundred. Almost killed me.

It is sooo hot here in New York , the Devil said that he'll be back once it cools off some....... hehehehehe....!

Here in the NJ suburbs of NYC the forecast is for 90+ through the weekend.

Here in Monterey it is a typical summer. Don't hate me, please.

Ralph it was so hot here the other day they closed the beaches because of fog, in the middle of the day......

The fog should bring some relief from the heat, though.

It is so hot over in Ohio at the Michigan border, that my mom's candles completely wilted and bended in the holders LOL!

No way Ralphie boy, it actually made it worse, normally in Chicago, the fog arrives in the early morn and the sun burns it off, not this time my friend, the humidity was so high it just hung there, actually I felt like I was in LA.........and although we didn't have fog today, Chicago felt like Las Vegas....dam........

Jobetrob....
    .....in a way this miserable weather [[72 and cloudy today) might be a good thing. We had a monster snowpack in the Cascades this year, and rivers are still running 2 and a half times higher than they should be right now. If we had a warm spring, with a thunderstorm or two thrown in, we might have seen flooding the likes of which we haven't seen in a number of years. As it was, with the slow snowmelt, flooding has been light and very localized.

Well Paladin, in a few months the Hawk will return to cool things down.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  21.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin View Post
    Its 1:45 central standard time and its currently 97 degrees in Chicago. The humidity is at 49% which makes the heat index 109 degrees. I just got back from the store and it feels like Las Vegas outside. Guess it's time to chill some water and beers and listen to some cool Temptations, among others. Its a hell of a way for GT to celebrate his birthday.

Whats the weather like where you're living........????? Its so hot, and has been for the past couple of days I no longer sweat.....jeeez !

heres the local rundown courtesy of MSN :* TEMPS AND HEAT INDEX...HIGH TEMPERATURES THIS AFTERNOON WILL CLIMB INTO THE UPPER 90S TO AROUND 100 DEGREES. THE HEAT COMBINED WITH OPPRESSIVELY HIGH HUMIDITY VALUES WILL RESULT IN HEAT INDEX READINGS PEAKING BETWEEN 110 AND 115 DEGREES. IT WILL REMAIN OPPRESSIVELY HOT AND HUMID .....
    Do you have air-conditioning in your house, Paladin? It was never quite so hot as you are experiencing, when I was a kid in Chicago in the '50s. But, in those days, nobody had air conditioning in their houses, the schools didn't have air conditioning. Mainly, only the movie houses had it. I only slept a few hours a night [[after complete exhaustion) in summers. I'm guessing that a lot of people have air-conditioning in their houses and apartments now-a-days. Am I wrong?

Do you have air-conditioning in your house, Paladin? It was never quite so hot as you are experiencing, when I was a kid in Chicago in the '50s. But, in those days, nobody had air conditioning in their houses, the schools didn't have air conditioning. Mainly, only the movie houses had it. I only slept a few hours a night [[after complete exhaustion) in summers. I'm guessing that a lot of people have air-conditioning in their houses and apartments now-a-days. Am I wrong?
    Not really my friend, although its been this hot before, we've had some really weird weather this year, one of the biggest snowstorms ever and a heat wave that is surely stifling. Back in the days of which you speak air conditioning was something reserved for the well off and now a days its a necessity. I wonder how soon before the smart phones get a cooling app......yes it was a pleasure going to the movies back then in the late fifties and early sixties just to beat the urban heat waves......Dillinger thought so.....

Name:  biograph-crowd.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  28.9 KB

Well my temp is usually at 350 degrees or is that my alchohol consumption???