[REMOVE ADS]

I loved Al Pacino's work over the years, but this is not working for me! LOL! I wonder if they'll have Beyonce playing Ronnie? I'd would be interested in knowing if and how they got the rights to the music.

smark21 Guest
    I'm assuming the movie will focus on Spector during the trial years, and not his days as hit music producer as Pacino is way too old now to be playing anyone as a young man.

I can't imagine Al in that huge blonde afro?
    Last edited by tom_moulton; 07-16-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Bette Midler was supposed to co-star in this but dropped out due to a herniated disc.

Actor John Turturro has already played Phil Spector. Well, he played a Spector-like music man in Grace Of My Heart, a really good film about the Brill Building.

uptight Guest
    Well, who will play young Spector...? I'd rather see a the stories about the youthful characters. I'm with Tom. If Pacino appears in this flick, it could be a brief appearance regarding the trial... especially if he wears a blonde afro!

Kam, Grace Of My Heart sounds interesting. I must look it up and consider viewing it.

According to imdb.com the film will be only about Phil trial period not his musical career which surely require a lot more
    casting and copy...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745862/fullcredits#cast

This is not a movie I'm interested in seeing for the most part. I really don't care much about Phil's drama at that point in his life...

Spector movie

How realistic will this film be? And from who's view point? As far as I know they didn't
    consult with any of the artists from the '60s--namely the Crystals!

So according to what I read above this is to be a movie about his murder trial and not his musical career. Gee, I watched
    most of the trial via TV. I'm not sure I need to see it acted out. What's the point?

smark21 Guest
    Last year there was a theatrical documentary on Spector that touched both upon his music career and the murder/trial years. Well done and worth checking out.

smark21

Can you remember the title of that documentary?

Documentary

Theatrical documentary? Does this mean it was performed in a theatre or was it a
    televised doc?

I believe the film was called "THE AGONY AND ECSTASY OF PHIL SPECTOR". I saw it earlier this year when it was shown at one of the arts museum in my town.

I just 'googled' it and there is a good amount of information available.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I believe the film was called "THE AGONY AND ECSTASY OF PHIL SPECTOR". I saw it earlier this year when it was shown at one of the arts museum in my town.
    That's the title. I saw at Film Forum in NYC. I bet it's likely to pop up on an channel like Sundance or IFC. And the DVD is likely to be on Netflix. Here's the imdb link to learn more about the documentary.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1518821/

I recently saw the real Phil Spector guest starring on an episode of "I Dream Of Jeannie."