[REMOVE ADS]

Teena Marie CD Releases - Download Version of Rare Tee

Just received thre 3 Teena Marie sets thru Hip O. Well pleased!

I would like to get the download version of Rare Tee as well as I believe there ara a couple of tracks on this that are not on the CD. Problem is I get blocked when trying to DL this as I am in the UK.

Does anyone know how I can obtain Rare Tee on download [[legally!)?

Easy to get a valid US ITunes account that you can use from your computer in the UK, I belong to seven different countries stores and use the same computer without incident. Just buy an ITunes store gift card for the USA from eBay or Mitunes.tv and use it to set up the account. You cannot use a credit card sadly to join other countries stores hence the need to exploit the gift card loophole. for home address just google a large hotel and use that. If you need better instructions just google how to set up ITunes USA account from UK and you'll be up and running in no time.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Easy to get a valid US ITunes account that you can use from your computer in the UK, I belong to seven different countries stores and use the same computer without incident. Just buy an ITunes store gift card for the USA from eBay or Mitunes.tv and use it to set up the account. You cannot use a credit card sadly to join other countries stores hence the need to exploit the gift card loophole. for home address just google a large hotel and use that. If you need better instructions just google how to set up ITunes USA account from UK and you'll be up and running in no time.
    That's some awesome knowledge there. Love it!

There are two digital versions of RARE TEE on iTunes U.S.: a digital replica [[without booklet) of the 2-disc physical CD, and what was essentially a 12-track preview of the full set, originally issued three months before the CD version, in time for Teena's birthday in March. The 12 songs on the first digital album are also on the physical CD, BUT the first six of them are different mixes.

Here's what happened: desiring to make a date for Tee's B-day online, I worked with John Morales to get out the tunes that had never been mixed - the Kerner & Wise tracks [[the last 4) were mixed just fine back in 1977 - and the first to be delivered were the Winston Monseque mixes [[White Soul and Can You Do It) and they were kickin' just fine too. The Ronnie McNeir productions proved more difficult to nail down, as some of the reels had the 1983 overdubs etc. We finished in time but I wanted further refinement and some [[to me) necessary edits for the physical version of those tunes. I personally prefer the mixes of those tunes on the 2-CD set - and now I understand how certain Motown albums ended up with different sounds on different pressings. But there are alternate mixes of 6 tunes up at iTunes if you want them.

There are extra mixes and tracks on the expanded versions of Lady T and Irons In The Fire digital versions. [["LADY T" is temporarily taken down and will be restored shortly. The version at U.S iTunes now is a replica of the physical version.)

Got them! Thanks for the advice Glenpwood. I went onto I-tunes US then tried to download a free app. At this point it asked for my address and zip. I entered some hotel in New York and then chose "none" as the payment method.

Got a US I-turnes gift card from mytunes.tv, entered the code into the "redeem" section on tyhe main i-tunes page and bingo .... account credited. The Best Of William Goldstein, Smokey's Stripped Mixes and the digital only set of Rare Tee downloaded.

Thanks again.

RossHolloway Guest
    I've really been stuck on Teena's version of More Love. Just outstanding.

bump...............

Russ, email in your box..