[REMOVE ADS]

Cool My latest review is up. The 1977 self titled "SLAVE" album feat. "Slide"

I hope you like it ! I did something with this review, I've never done before ... you'll see, if you check it out ! Thank You !! .... I wish they make records like this again !

http://ranmanreviews.blogspot.com/2011/07/slave-slave-released-in-1977-on.html

Musically Yours,

Randy Holmes aka Ran Man

i bought this in 77 straight off a review in blues and soul and i wasnt dissapointed.btw it was on the cotillion label over here.
    i still have it.
    you made me go and look for it dust it off and TURN UP THE VOLUME!
    and it does stand up well.
    i enjoyed your critique too!

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    i bought this in 77 straight off a review in blues and soul and i wasnt dissapointed.btw it was on the cotillion label over here.
    i still have it.
    you made me go and look for it dust it off and TURN UP THE VOLUME!
    and it does stand up well.
    i enjoyed your critique too!
    Hi Tamla !

Well alright !!!!!!! Thank you, number one for reading my review, I really appreciate it ..... and glad you like it !! :-) I appreciate it :-)

Two, 34 years later, this record STILL sounds new as it did back it '77. REAL MUSIC !

Three, I'm happy to hear my review inspired to dust off the ol cover and give the ol vinyl a spin !! CHEERS !!

Nice review but I dont like Slide never have never will but I like Slave.

Nice review >>>>>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH STEPHANIE, I APPRECIATE IT :-)

but I dont like Slide never have never will >>>>>>>>>> IT'S AAAAAALLLLLL GOOOOOODDDDDDD ! :-)

but I like Slave. >>>>> THAT MAKES THE TWO OF US ! ;-)

I think we talked about this before on the forum Slide is a guy thing I dont know any girls who liked this song. Why I dont know I have Slaves Greatest Hits and Slide is the only song I fast forward through.

I think we talked about this before on the forum Slide is a guy thing >>>>> Stephanie, I hate to burst your bubble, but you'd be surprised how many women that love that song. Maybe it'syou that don't like it, and that's OK. But this song is a FUNK thing, not a male or female thing, it's for all to enjoy ! :-)

I dont know any girls who liked this song. >>>>> Well, you all must be in a class ALL by yourselves, because I know TONS of women that love that song ! .. But hey, you're entitled to like whatever it is you like. If hear the Slide on the radio, what is it for you to just change the dial ;-)

Why I dont know I have Slaves Greatest Hits and Slide is the only song I fast forward through. >>>>> May I suggest giving it a few listens to let it marinate your Funkentelechy ! You sound like a female version of Sir Nose D'Voidoffunk in that you will never dance :-[[ .... I think you need to be hit with the Bop Gun like I said in my review ;-) ... LOL ! ... It's all good Steph ! The Funk is for everyone to enjoy, including you :-) .... MAY THE FUNK BE WITH YOU !! :-)

Nice "Retro-review" of the debut of Slave. I was a 21 year old DJ in Da Bronx ,N.Y. when this came out. I still have my original "clean safe" copy of this LP and if you check out the credits on the album cover ,you will see there are thanks to Ralph and Pat Middlebrooks ,of the OHIO PLAYERS. Also the OHIO PLAYERS were influential in the group FAZE-O ,[[RIDING HIGH), at the same time. An important period of time in regards to the development of what we know as FUNK. I look at it this way ,J.B. and Sly uncovered the entity that is the FUNK ,the beef of it ,the sirlion so to speak. The OHIO PLAYERS and the addition of BOOTSY and MACEO to PARLIAMENT, are the filet mignion ,and SLAVE....the tar-tar. SLIDE was/still is, RAW FUNK. Seared to a rich brown on the outside ,but pink and juicy on the inside. Still to this day ,if you dare to get into it ,you come out of it with a snapped neck from the beat ,and that look on your face ,like you smelled doo-doo warmed twice over,and that's FUNKY!!!!. An aquired taste for some understandably , but something that can't be denied.
    Review on Brother Randy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Nice review but I dont like Slide never have never will but I like Slave.

Stephanie, "Slide" was the JAM! Seriously, you couldn't dig it?

Quote Originally Posted by daddyacey View Post
    Nice "Retro-review" of the debut of Slave. I was a 21 year old DJ in Da Bronx ,N.Y. when this came out. I still have my original "clean safe" copy of this LP and if you check out the credits on the album cover ,you will see there are thanks to Ralph and Pat Middlebrooks ,of the OHIO PLAYERS. Also the OHIO PLAYERS were influential in the group FAZE-O ,[[RIDING HIGH), at the same time. An important period of time in regards to the development of what we know as FUNK. I look at it this way ,J.B. and Sly uncovered the entity that is the FUNK ,the beef of it ,the sirlion so to speak. The OHIO PLAYERS and the addition of BOOTSY and MACEO to PARLIAMENT, are the filet mignion ,and SLAVE....the tar-tar. SLIDE was/still is, RAW FUNK. Seared to a rich brown on the outside ,but pink and juicy on the inside. Still to this day ,if you dare to get into it ,you come out of it with a snapped neck from the beat ,and that look on your face ,like you smelled doo-doo warmed twice over,and that's FUNKY!!!!. An aquired taste for some understandably , but something that can't be denied.
    Review on Brother Randy!!!!
    Daddy !! .... man ....... THANK YOU !!!! I appreciate it !! ..... It's like what George says .... "FUNK IS IT'S OWN REWARD " :-) !!! I appreciate you checking it out man, really I do !!! With GOD's help, I hope to be delivering more of what I myself would want read !! ... P Funk ! ... Uncut Funk ! ... THE BOMB!!!!!! LOL ! GOD BLESS YOU DADDY !!!! :-)

Slide is an Anthem.

Nice job Randy and DaddyA

My buddy's band used to cover Screw Your Wig on Tight....to set themselves apart from the hundreds that just did Slide.