[REMOVE ADS]

Mom is in intensive care prayers needed!

SDF Family. I was going to post this last night but I didnt get back from the hospital until 11:00pm last night. My mom was admitted and she is in intensive care she has emphysema and congestive heart failure. They were talking about the tube and tracheotomy and all of that nonsense I was scared. I dont want to take all day typing how it came to that I will do that later if anyone is interested but the GOOD NEWS is that she is off of that mask they put over your face [[they kept it on overnight) and today and got her levels somewhat normal now she is back on regular oxygen and is going to eat a light meal!!! Now she is 76 and her bday is July 15th so please keep up the prayers that she stays out of the woods because last night they were basically preparing me for the worst I hate to admit it. She was hallucinating and hard a hard time breathing and falling down in the house. Again its a long story but prayer changes things and now that she is off of that mask please pray she will make a full recovery.
    Thank all of you!
    Stephanie

I am very sorry to hear this, about your mother Stephanie. I will say a prayer that she makes a full and fast recovery. Hang in there...

Marv

We are with you on this Steph. Your mom is in our prayers.

uptight Guest
    Your mom is in my prayers.

I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie

Mums are indeed very, very special, aren't they...

They remember us before our own memories began.

They teach us to look forward, yet knowing they can't share tomorrow with us forever.

Cherish your time together.

A candle has been lit for you both, with love and thoughts....

Sorry to hear this Stephanie. My thoughts are with you and your mom and hope she has a speedy recovery!

Update on mom! SDF Family thank you prayers have been answered! Mom is sounding normal voice is kind of faint but she is pretty much normal again. Mental faculties are back and when I walked in the room the first thing she said to me is 'I told you not to come up here".....1 minute later she said "You know I didnt mean that". Her personality is like Ms M if that means anything [[no digs at you Ms M) think of Don Rickles or Groucho Marx she is like that in real life. Anyway she finally ate at 2:00. One foot that was swollen from the fall has fluid in it and the other foot is swollen too which concerned me. She is a little upset about not being able to walk and needing assistance but hey thats life I guess.

She will be in the hospital all this week and next week goes to an assisted living rehab place for 2-3 weeks and then home again. So I just wanted you all to know what is going on and that your well wishes and prayers did work! I would encourage anyone who needs prayer to ask for it and dont be ashamed because what I thought would take 2-3 days in getting her mental faculties back took all of an overnight mask and potassium bags and getting her breathing back on track.
    She is a willing participant when it comes to listening to doctors and nurses [[although she takes jabs at them before she does what she is supposed to do) when it comes to things like this. She introduced one of the nurses to me and said "This is the one that doesnt like me" the nurse said I like you Miss Campbell. Hey my mom is not as nice as I am but she is my mom and she is fair!!! Tough but fair and I am happy to see her alive. Think of Bea Arthur and Betty White on the Golden Girls. She is Bea Arthur and I am more like Betty or Sinclair on Living Single [[at least that is what I have been told)
    Thanks to God and all of you,
    Steph

I'm happy that your mom is getting stronger and on the road to recovery. The Sinclair/Rose comparison has to be a bad one because flighty does not come through in your posts. She is in my prayers, as are you.

I cant think of anyone else nabob. I have been told that I am always trying to keep the peace. Oh well thanks for the wishes Im so happy.

Her personality is like Ms M

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm not offended, sounds like my kinda lady.....awsome

Glad your mom is doing better.

I'm still laughing at your comment....the irony, you and your mom are the exact opposite of me and mine.

Today after her doctors appt. I stopped by Mickey D's for coffee. I asked for black, 3 sugars....they gave me cream and I wasn't rude but gave it back and asked them to give me what I ordered and paid for.....my mom thought I should have kept it instead of making the server do extra work....needless to say I looked at her as if she had grown two heads....LOL

Stephanie
    You and your Mom will both be in my prayers for I have no doubt that prayers are the best communication with a loving and compassionate Savior.
    Smooth

Ms M I was getting ready to go to bed and I saw this. I knew I was right! You would think after everything she had been
    through that she would welcome me with open arms. Her motto is "If I didnt love you I wouldnt tease you". You two are like peas in a pod she is feisty, she analyzes everything she reads, but if she loves you she has your back! She would have made the server work as well. Until she is home I guess I have found my second mother.....LOL

Well let me go and read those other two articles if I dont comment tonight I will tomorrow.
    Steph

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  21.1 KB
    Glad to hear that your mother is recovering. My mother died a year and a half ago, so I know what that can be like.

Sorry, Steph, I'm just seeing this thread. I hope your mother is getting better as I write...23 years on I still miss mine. I
    too know how this things feels. Be strong...

I know EXACTLY, where your mom is coming from Stephanie.

I'm an Aries, a fire sign...I once read

their fire burns quickly, but their ice is eternall

it's the one thing I've read that nails me to a tee......
    your mom sounds the same....trust,

it's when she stops teasing and or fussing you should worry, until then, she will always have your back!

Just saw this today. Steph. I'm glad your mom recovered from her close call. I know you'll keep an eye on her. Talk together as much as you can and make her laugh often. You both will feel better for the effort. God continues to bless.

She is out of the woods now but her breathing is still not all there. I am going up there today and I will report back tonite,
    Steph

Just saw this too, God Bless and keep you and your Mom.

I will keep your Mom in my thoughts and prayers, Steph...my Mom is up there in age as well, she's had both knees and a hip replaced over the past two years but is doing well, thank God...we just need to keep the prayer going for ALL our parents and older relatives as they are special to us. God Bless!!

Best,

Mark

Mom has been moved to a Manor care facility for rehab and therapy so thank you and keep the prayers coming.
    Steph

Excellent news Stephanie. Glad to hear your mom is improving.

Well I didnt tell anyone this but she [[mom) had to be rushed back she is in the hospital again [[sigh) her numbers dropped and she is stable but [[I dont know how much longer this is going to go on) they told me if things didnt get better she would drop into a coma [[that was yesterday morning). The good news is that she is fiesty again and talking but I pleaded with the hospital [[mom has Kaiser and this is the first time she has been hospitalized for anything) not to let her go until they are sure she is strong enough to go. They found a blood clot in her lung and they think this is part of the problem along with a touch of pnuemonia that set it. Keep the prayers up gang. I have been up at the hospital everyday since this whole thing started. Update tonight at 11:00,

Just saw this...sorry to hear this Stephanie but she's seems to be fighting and that's always a good thing.

Stephanie - You've been on my mind & in my heart - Saying lots of prayers for both your Mom & you - God will bring you through! Keep your eyes focused on Him!!

Stephanie, I am really hoping things are alright and that your mom is doing much better. How about an update when you can?

Sorry I have not been on the board in two days. Well Moms numbers went up and down again and I am leaving with a friend of mine to go see her. The doctor said she has improved somewhat and she walked yesterday! But now they are saying she is not alert and confused. I will not lie this is a touch and go situation and although I have a lot of faith I am also a realist but I dont give up. She is feisty and will hang on as long as she can. I wont know more until tonight so Im out of here in an hour. Please if anything say a short prayer when you have time SDF Family.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Sorry I have not been on the board in two days. Well Moms numbers went up and down again and I am leaving with a friend of mine to go see her. The doctor said she has improved somewhat and she walked yesterday! But now they are saying she is not alert and confused. I will not lie this is a touch and go situation and although I have a lot of faith I am also a realist but I dont give up. She is feisty and will hang on as long as she can. I wont know more until tonight so Im out of here in an hour. Please if anything say a short prayer when you have time SDF Family.

Will do Stephanie. Thanks

Ms M number 2 [[my mother) has been moved from the 3rd to the 4th floor that means.......in a few days she is on her way out on on to rehab!!!!!! Keep the prayers going the doctors didnt know if she would make it she washed herself today in bed! I spoke with her at 6:00 pm and I am going tomorrow. Thanks SDF family!

Thanks for the update Stephanie, best wishes to you and your family.

That's good to hear Stephanie!

Am watching and thinking of you, awaiting future updates....

That is good news Stephanie!

Mom is doing well this is her FIRST full week of physical therapy and she has her cast taken off of her leg next week. She should be home in 3 weeks. Thanks for the prayers.

Good news Stephanie. Thanks for the update but I knew your mom was a fighter.