[REMOVE ADS]

FLOS in Dallas with Lynda

Scherrie Payne & Lynda Laurence, formerly of The Supremes with Joyce Vincent. On-stage in Dallas, Texas on April 20th 2024, performing for the "Yellow Rose Gala" at the Renaissance Hotel Ballroom. The "Yellow Rose Gala" raises funds for Multiple Sclerosis research. "Fly Me To The Cure" is their motto. Below is the Ladies' set-list.

Wearing: White/Chiffon gowns with Swarovski crystals
    1. You Keep Me Hanging On
    2. Come See About Me
    3. Back In My Arms Again
    4. Reflections
    5. Where Did Our Love Go?
    6. Baby Love
    7. My World is Empty [[Without You)
    8. Knock 3 Times/Tie A Yellow Ribbon Around The Ole Oak Tree
    9. Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart

*** COSTUME CHANGE ***

Wearing: Blue velvet/satin gowns with swarovski crystals
    10. Stop! In The Name of Love
    11. Love Child
    12. How Do You Keep The Music Playing?
    13. Stoned Love
    14. Someday We'll Be Together
    15. You Can't Hurry Love

16. Happy

[[L-R) Joyce Vincent with Lynda Laurence & Scherrie Payne - Formerly of THE SUPREMES!

"YELLOW ROSE GALA" VIP MEET & GREET

4/20/2024
    0 COMMENTS

[[L-R) Joyce Vincent with Scherrie Payne & Lynda Laurence, Formerly of The Supremes.
    Scherrie Payne & Lynda Laurence, formerly of The Supremes with Joyce Vincent performed at the “Yellow Rose” Gala, that has the drive and vision to forever rid the world of MS.

This lineup was specially requested for this performance, they asked for the “Return To Love” Supremes - that performed with Diana Ross. Lynda Laurence graciously reunited with Scherrie Payne and Joyce Vincent for this gala event.

The elegant “black tie” attendees, in the Renaissance Hotel Ballroom , danced the night away to The Supremes’ classics with the ladies, led by their amazing Music Director, Ron Hasley. A fabulous night was had by everyone.

2024 marks the 38th anniversary of The Former Ladies of The Supremes. The current lineup of F.L.O.S is Scherrie Payne, Susaye Greene & Joyce Vincent. This trio is “authentically keeping the legacy alive!
    ​- April 20, 2024

Thanks, I needed this.

The white gowns are STUNNING accented with bracelets from Temu!

This is truly a lovely lineup. Glad to see Lynda working with Scherrie and Joyce periodically.

I love that the ladies are so active lately, both with FLOS and their own individual projects.

I know it's not easy out there... Happy to see these ladies are still able to work and perform like the pros they are!

great gowns on this trip...

Great how they’ve lasted and kept the Supremes alive like Otis kept the Temptations alive

Mary could have done this and been the original connection

The gowns are stunning, and i love the bracelets, i saw a video and they really caught the light! This was without a doubt a home run from the ladies!! I hope this is the permanent lineup from now on as this is the best the group has looked and sounded since 2017❤️❤️❤️❤️

Someone on Facebook asked where Susaye was and the FLOS account replied that the event planners wanted the "RTL Supremes" so Lynda agreed to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
    Someone on Facebook asked where Susaye was and the FLOS account replied that the event planners wanted the "RTL Supremes" so Lynda agreed to perform.
    I think I saw the post that you're referring to, things got a little heated in that one! Not entirely sure what's happening in FLOS land, but looks like certain people aren't happy with the current lineup including one of their producers, Rick Gianatos [[who has posted on here in the past).

Regardless of the exact lineup, to my mind it's good that the FLOS remains a vehicle for all currently working Supremes [[minus Diana of course).
    Last edited by telekin; 04-29-2024 at 05:50 PM.

That was very nice of Lynda to join for the show and for Susaye to be gracious enough to be replaced temporarily.
    With Susaye, that is what the Supremes would have been had they carried on. Lynda has a similar tone to Scherrie but Scherrie is a better singer IMHO. If they all get along and help each other-more power to them! Frankly, it would be nice if they were special guests with Diana Ross for a few shows. We need to enjoy them all while we still have them. We lost Mary and Cindy is very ill, so let's celebrate the remaining members in whatever grouping.

Things change and people move on

Quite ironic that the FLOS have gone on forever with Scherrie and also Susaye and Lynda. They outlasted all the Supremes except Diana and do full length Supremes songs and they sound more Supreme like than anyone that ever did them with the exception of Diana

I can’t see them appearing with Diana - they just aren’t well known enough even if Diana remains friendly with them

Quote Originally Posted by telekin View Post
    I think I saw the post that you're referring to, things got a little heated in that one! Not entirely sure what's happening in FLOS land, but looks like certain people aren't happy with the current lineup including one of their producers, Rick Gianatos [[who has posted on here in the past).

Regardless of the exact lineup, to my mind it's good that the FLOS remains a vehicle for all currently working Supremes [[minus Diana of course).
    Interesting. I think some of the comments were deleted, but their conductor left a comment that it was the first time in a long time that he enjoyed doing the show and another band member agreed.

Not sure what's going on, but I had a blast seeing Scherrie, Susaye, and Joyce last year. As someone else mentioned, they could have been the next lineup of The Supremes had Motown continued with them, so it felt like I was seeing an authentic lineup. That said, I'd still love to see Lynda perform live.

How about the FLOS touring with Diana Ross as opening act? That could free up Ross' set list to do less Supremes songs [[though she obviously can't skip them entirely) and more of her solo songs. Also a FLOS show would relieve audiences of being subjected to Rhonda and her preachy act. Though I imagine Rhonda being on tour with her mom is one reason why Diana is still willing to go out there to perform as she family with her on the road.

The FLOS with Lynda would be cool opening for Diana.

Rhonda and Susaye love all the spiritual meditative new age stuff - a bit tedious to have a steady diet of it