[REMOVE ADS]

Reputational Comment

Can someone explain how you make one without making a comment? lol

I appreciate getting them - but I wonder if I ever made one or have one

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Can someone explain how you make one without making a comment? lol

I appreciate getting them - but I wonder if I ever made one or have one

I'm afraid I don't understand the question

You click the star in the left bottom corner. It highlights I like it and a place for a comment. Just enter it without a comment added. I am only guessing that is what you are inquiring about. I have rarely done it myself. My comments are mainly just in reply to posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jim aka jtigre99 View Post
    You click the star in the left bottom corner. It highlights I like it and a place for a comment. Just enter it without a comment added. I am only guessing that is what you are inquiring about. I have rarely done it myself. My comments are mainly just in reply to posts.
    Incredible!

There’s a man that understands it. I will try it.

I’ve got quite a few and never understood how you gave them.

Thanks so much Jim.

I must be thick as a brick but I don’t know where the star is so I can’t give anyone a complinent

I must be thick as a brick but I don’t know where the star is so I can’t give anyone a complinent
    Look at the bottom of your last post. There is a gray strip at the bottom. On the right, you can "reply" or " reply with a quote". You know that. But on the left, there is a black triangle and a black star. Click the black star and you can like the post and if you can also make a comment if you want to.

By the way, if you click that triangle, you can report an offensive post to Ralph. But we never say offensive stuff

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Look at the bottom of your last post. There is a gray strip at the bottom. On the right, you can "reply" or " reply with a quote". You know that. But on the left, there is a black triangle and a black star. Click the black star and you can like the post and if you can also make a comment if you want to.

By the way, if you click that triangle, you can report an offensive post to Ralph. But we never say offensive stuff

Hope this helps
    Interesting. I only have the triangle - I don’t have a star. That’s why I’m having trouble.

I use an IPhone - I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Thanks for the explanation Milven.

Interesting. I only have the triangle - I don’t have a star. That’s why I’m having trouble.

I use an IPhone - I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Thanks for the explanation Milven.
    you are right. i just tried my iPhone and there is no star there. So that's that. But at least now we know that you are not "thick as a brick".

So I’ve never given anyone a “like” in the 14 years or so that I’ve been here. I will go on my desktop computer and change that soon

Actually, i was wrong in my post above. You can see the star to the left on the iPhone. But we can't see the stars on our own posts, because there is no need to compliment ourselves.

So, you can compliment others on your iPhone using the star, and yes the star is on the iPhone, but only on other people's posts

It works and Milven is right. Awesome.

It works and Milven is right. Awesome.
    Great !!!!
    Last edited by milven; 04-21-2024 at 09:39 AM.

Why would anyone look for, or even care about, opinions on social media? Why not just shove your hand onto a red hot stove burner?

I award them to myself all the time.

I only see the star when in "Full Site" mode rather than "Default Mobile" mode, whether on my iPhone or laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    Why would anyone look for, or even care about, opinions on social media? Why not just shove your hand onto a red hot stove burner?
    True - but I couldn’t figure out how to do anything with my hand or fingers and I didn’t know what stars and triangles did after 14 years

The shame is that you can only make one reputational comment regarding any given member until after you have also made a reputational comment about another member.

This means that if you like two posts by a given member you can only "like" one of them unless you also happen to like a post by another member at the same time.

Nuts IMO.