[REMOVE ADS]

We Remember Sam Cooke vinyl reissue by Elemental Music

Thanks!!!!

Thank you for this!!!! Grabbed a pre-order. Looks like it might be mono?

Confirming a couple of things. It is STEREO and sounds outstanding. The label uses the original Motown imagery/design. And just to stir up the usual crowd, the splash sticker points out that Florence had lead on Ain't That Good News. I REALLY wish they'd do A' Go-Go next! It was their best selling single LP.

Thanks for your review, thanxal! I am planning to order myself a copy soon!

You're in luck because they've already released A Go Go, along with Sing Motown [aka Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland], Where Did Our Love Go and Diana's Surrender. I think A Go Go is the only Supremes vinyl reissue that they've put out in mono. The others seem to all be in stereo.

https://www.elemental-music.com/moto...s-a-go-go.html

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Thanks for your review, thanxal! I am planning to order myself a copy soon!

You're in luck because they've already released A Go Go, along with Sing Motown [aka Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland], Where Did Our Love Go and Diana's Surrender. I think A Go Go is the only Supremes vinyl reissue that they've put out in mono. The others seem to all be in stereo.

https://www.elemental-music.com/moto...s-a-go-go.html
    Well knock me over with a feather, Carlo! The last time I checked Amazon for that it was only available in Europe so I gave up. Thanks a bunch for the tip. I bought three!

Are there any notes or additional photos?

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Are there any notes or additional photos?
    Only a few extra notes on the splash sticker and an addition on the back: “The Supremes Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard”. Other than that it’s a clone of the original in words and artwork. Sounds great and worth it IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Only a few extra notes on the splash sticker and an addition on the back: “The Supremes Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard”. Other than that it’s a clone of the original in words and artwork. Sounds great and worth it IMHO.
    Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Well knock me over with a feather, Carlo! The last time I checked Amazon for that it was only available in Europe so I gave up. Thanks a bunch for the tip. I bought three!
    Wow! Glad to read this, thanxal

I haven't picked up the others yet but I had previously purchased WDOLG and was happy with the sound. I also bought the Vandellas' Watchout last year and thought it sounded pretty good overall, but I remember the last track on the album had some minor distortion...like they remastered it a bit too loud.
    Last edited by carlo; Yesterday at 12:48 PM.

this was the very last Supremes LP I added to my collection back in the very late 70's...when I became a fan back in '68, Meet, CW&P, Liverpool and Sam Cooke were NEVER in stock in any of my local stores or dept. store record depts...I suppose this may have been b/c I became a fan fall of '68 [[The Beatles WHITE LP was the biggest LP at the time) and the market was flooded with all the new DRATS products....the older best selling LPS were always in stock / multiple copies everywhere...WDOLG? Copa, Symphony, A Go Go...I paid $30 for a very clean VG+ Mono copy in a very pricey NYC OOP Record Store...which was a bargain considering since at the time the 2 best known tourist trap ones were asking $75...with the arrival of EBay, you could thankfully get most LPS for a alarmingly decent price...particularly after a LP is "delay released" on CD [[not like the most popular titles which many were issued soon after the arrival of CD) ...the market floods with Vinyl copies....
    My days of collecting everything released are over....I'll be 65 next month, on SSD..$ wise it would be impossible for me...I can only buy what I truly long time crave...no longer able to get the many "Gee It Would Be Nice" items.