[REMOVE ADS]

Favorite liver performance Mary Wilson sung Diana supreme leads?

AS we know Mary spent decades on the oldies circuit doing a Supremes/oldies show with her singing lead on the Diana led recorded Supremes/DRATS hits. It made her a solid living. Some of those Diana led Supremes songs she did better singing than others and of course some just never fit her voice no matter how long she performed them as part of this show. So with that being said, what would you consider Diana led Supreme songs that Mary did well with in concert, and which do you find never clicked for your ears?

My list:

Songs she did well with IMO:

My World
    Reflections
    Someday We'll Be Together
    Back in My Arms Again

First 3 worked as they worked well with warm register of her voice. And Back was just performed in a rousing up beat manner by Mary, background singers and her band.

Songs I didn't like how she sung them:

You Can't Hurry Love
    Baby Love
    Stop

Those 3 just didn't fit her voice. At least Baby Love and Stop were done as audience participation on stage numbers so watching the fans be Supremes and having fun on stage with Mary meant I didn't have to take these numbers all that seriously as pop music.

I hear a symphony was not a good one and or Bad Weather.
    I think she did someday well be together well
    And reflections
    Later I heard her do floy joy n Nathan jones very well

I always liked when Mary did "STONED LOVE".

I really liked this performance from the Rock and Roll Graffiti special.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I really liked this performance from the Rock and Roll Graffiti special.

Yes, I really liked this, too! When and where was this? Nice energy and I never heard her sound better. She almost made me forget Diana, but I still missed Florence on the background. I've also liked Mary singing You Keep Me Hangin' On live. [Saw her at Sunset Junction in Hollywood too many years ago :[[].

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2012 View Post
    Yes, I really liked this, too! When and where was this? Nice energy and I never heard her sound better. She almost made me forget Diana, but I still missed Florence on the background. I've also liked Mary singing You Keep Me Hangin' On live. [Saw her at Sunset Junction in Hollywood too many years ago :[[].
    It was a special that aired on [I believe] the Nashville Network in 1999. They gathered stars from the 50s and 60s, put them in a circle, and had them share stories and songs from their careers. Other participants included Dee Dee Sharp, Nedra Talley of the Ronettes, and Carl Gardner of the Coasters. It was edited down for a 60 or 120 minute special for tv. But they also released it on home video [vhs and dvd] and included the entire occasion.

Perhaps the most touching moment was when Ketty Lester shared memories of her career and then sang her only hit, LOVE LETTER. She had the entire room [singers and show crew] in tears. Before she could leave for lunch, she had to hug practically everyone in the place.
    Last edited by reese; 04-22-2024 at 10:50 AM.

my fav has always been the way Mary sang SOMEDAY WE'LL BE TOGETHER...

Stoned Love, Reflections, You Keep Me Hanging On. My World is Empty...all good!

never cared for BIMAA or YCHL medley....but Come See About Me was part of it, and I liked that.