Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
I agree. As I understand it, the song was doing fairly well until "Hangover" was rushed out and all the promotion was put behind "Hangover". After "Hangover" peaked, it may have been a good idea to revisit "I Thought It Took a Little Time", which is one of my all time favorite Diana songs.

Speaking of which, some months ago I remarked that my favorite version of "Time" was the one from To Love Again. For some reason I keep erroneously attributing the long version with the studio chatter to To Love Again, but it's the one from the DR76 EE. That's my favorite.
i don't know how much they'd have been able to resurrect ITITALT. Ain't Nothing But A Maybe or You're Good My Child are strong tracks too that might have done well. obviously nothing like LH but maybe that was the way to go. a soundalike song might have been just never able to pull away from LH.

After You is another stunning tune on the album but i don't know about it's chance as a single. the song structure is a bit too all over the place. it doesn't have the convenient verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge structure.